Need opinions on my fic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm currently writing several scripts for out of continuity DC stuff, and considering that it's, ya know, not published, I guess you would consider it fanfic. I guess message me and I can message them. I'd rather not post this stuff because I'm vain and don't want anyone stealing my crappy ideas.

I have a:

Wonder Woman script

Superman script

Captain Marvel (DC) script

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@bsaa: What exactly are you requesting? You don't want to write a fic about your ideas for fear of intellectual theft, yet you're okay with sharing your ideas with a complete stranger in a pm? Theoretically someone could agree to the pm, and post your ideas as their own under an alternate account without any of us knowing that the story was plagiarized. Technically if you posted now you would receive all of the credit because your ideas would be documented earlier than any potential threat. So if someone does steal your ideas, you could just show a mod a link to this page as proof that you came up with the idea earlier than the thief did (because all posts are timestamped on comicvine).

If you're looking for feedback post your story on the fan fic board, if you just need an editor make a request on the pinned thread called: Fan Fic "Advertising/ Help Request" Thread. Hope this was helpful.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dngn4774: I guess I was wanting messages from those interested

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@bsaa: Post it up here and I'll read it but being precious on your ideas..."there's nothing new under the sun" my friend. Everything's been done in one way or another. Is your Superman black? (coz it's been done) Wonder Woman has no powers and becomes a secret agent? (been done)

If someone "steals" it, well it's not actually yours, the idea may be but it's DC's characters so you're playing with their stuff.

Post it up, see if people like it.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#5  Edited By cbishop

@bsaa: Yeah, pretty much what Dngn4774 and Batkevin74 said. But add this to it: I have had ideas stolen from me in the past (not on this site) and they've actually wound up in comics. It's one of those cases of I can't prove it, but it has happened. The thing is: it's a risk you take, and you just have to make peace with that. But for the most part, nobody wants your "crappy ideas." We're too busy coming up with crappy ideas of our own. ;)

P.S. Added to my FF Long Box - Authors. :)