Avatar image for teamunitednerds
TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

I'm working on a Superman-based elseworlds story. Personally, I consider myself at best a casual fan of Superman, so I need help from someone with experience to make sure that I understand the characters correctly. Just comment here if you're interested

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By FalconPuuunch

Would gladly help if I knew anything about Superman.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@TeamUnitedNerds: It's a fan-fic Elseworlds, you kinda have carte blanche! If Superman becomes king of the Vikings in the 11th Century opposing the bald and evil Anglo-Saxon king Lexus Luthorian then so be it. Write it up, post it and I'll read it, unfortunately I have way too much on my plate for anything other than that though

TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

@FalconPuuunch said:

Would gladly help if I knew anything about Superman.

Well, that is appreciated.

TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

@batkevin74 said:

@TeamUnitedNerds: It's a fan-fic Elseworlds, you kinda have carte blanche! If Superman becomes king of the Vikings in the 11th Century opposing the bald and evil Anglo-Saxon king Lexus Luthorian then so be it. Write it up, post it and I'll read it, unfortunately I have way too much on my plate for anything other than that though

Basically, Superman arrives at Earth after Darkseid has already taken over, and is mentored by Lex Luthor

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@TeamUnitedNerds: Beautiful. So Superman/Clark (or Lex junior) will be basically a bastard like his adoptive father, but with the sense of "I'm right!" attitude that Lex carries with him. I suggest you have a look at series Earth In Chains for inspiration, as it deals with a similar timeline, differnet to your but similar idea. Write it up and I'll read it

TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

@batkevin74 said:

@TeamUnitedNerds: Beautiful. So Superman/Clark (or Lex junior) will be basically a bastard like his adoptive father, but with the sense of "I'm right!" attitude that Lex carries with him. I suggest you have a look at series Earth In Chains for inspiration, as it deals with a similar timeline, differnet to your but similar idea. Write it up and I'll read it

Here's what I have so far:

The night was calm and quiet, and a pleasant, cool breeze blew through the air as a lone pod slammed into the surface of the Earth with enormous force. Mounds of mud were flung into the air from the impact, and the ground shook violently as waves of force surged through the dirty below.

The pod itself was a simple, but smooth egg-shaped silver vehicle. From behind a rounded screen of glass, a small, but extraordinary baby wailed, its shriek muffled, but still audible. As it screamed, it pounded its tiny fists against the screen, but only small cracks formed on its surface. The infant thrashed more forcefully, it's legs now slamming against the pod. With a sharp shattering sound, fragments of glass were flung into the air. The infant crawled out, looking at the world around with curiosity.

If the baby were not so small and niave, what it saw would have horrified it beyond description. All around it was acts of pure, soulless evil. Buildings burned, and within them, so did innocents. Skeletal, soulless beasts flew down from the sky to maul anyone unlucky enough to be near one. Perhaps, the infant wasn't too young to understand. Perhaps, the piercing, booming roar that it let out was a sign that deep down, it understood evil, for the first time. Its wail was met with a fiery explosion that lit up the night sky.

The next thing the baby saw was a the cold, ridged face of a man looking down at him. His expression was so restrained that it was almost as if the man was going out of his way to look as emotionless as possible. He was bald, his head reflecting the dim light coming from the ceiling and wore a neat, black suit. His appearance was overall almost compulsively flawless.

"What I want to know is how this infant managed to survive an explosion of that magnitude" the man said, facing another behind him, dressed in the armor of a soldier.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@TeamUnitedNerds: I honestly don't think you need any help, this is very good. I'd use all the above maybe expand/add to the end so anyone who reads this gets a bit more story but this is fine! Really good work, lets see a few chapters

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Project_Worm

@TeamUnitedNerds: Dude, that is awesome!

Only one thing I saw "wrong".

Instead of "but smooth egg-shaped silver vehicle" I think it would read better like "just a 'smooth egg-shaped silver vehicle'"

But yeah, looking forward to it already.

TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

@Project_Worm said:

@TeamUnitedNerds: Dude, that is awesome!

Only one thing I saw "wrong".

Instead of "but smooth egg-shaped silver vehicle" I think it would read better like "just a 'smooth egg-shaped silver vehicle'"

But yeah, looking forward to it already.

Thanks!