My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Sorry for the Fall Out Boy reference but after reading this that song will be the soundtrack to the revolution.

I needed to post that video so I can stop talking about Fall Out Boy and start talking about the mods.

Remember a few months ago how the fan-fic forums slowed down. I have an answer for why. The complete fan fic library is the cause for the slow down.http://www.comicvine.com/boris-badenov/4005-33312/forums/comic-vines-complete-fan-fic-library-684912/?messageId=10017374#js-message-4

The mods needed time to catch up so they orchestrated a series of events to allow the slow down. Most fan-fic writers get writers block, so the mods accelerated a fan-fic boom a new issue was coming out every day. Then they had fics of the month forcing us to compete and write more. But just like the roaring twenties and the great depression it stopped writers got block and school started. S inc. Comics died, and so did many other good series and imprints.

It isn't just the mods who accelerated the boom I also blame @irishlad and @capfanboy. Y'all didn't do anything wrong but y'all were pawns in a game. Irishlad had his fan-fic school encouraging us to learn the trade and write, he also had a fan-fic tournament which made us want to compete. Capfanboy took over with his popular and hilarious Gah! inspiring several spin offs, he also ran several fan-fic groups. The Poet encouraged and praised their and most of our work, with his fan-fic of the months thread.

The Poet who prayed on eager fan-fic writers waited until the school year started to catch up on his full fan-fic library. The school year and the new case of writers block caused by the boom made forum had a slowdown. Writers block hits everybody sooner or later so why not accelerate the writing, was the thinking The Poet had. So how about we light em' up?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't come to the Fan Fic forums to frequently..but I came here jut to applaud the title.

PatMcgroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PatMcgroin
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator
PatMcgroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@patmcgroin: I skimmed it, but I came for the song

Yeah I thought about a fic called The Foo Fighter which would have a bunch of Foo Fighter songs.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By dngn4774

@patmcgroin: Great username! (Just had to say that)

Anyway this rant is illogical since it implies that writers don't have free will. Just because the mods organized more contests doesn't mean all writers participate. If encouraging writing forces blocks than every fan fic group is just as responsible. Most of the writers that do take part in those comps are active enough to publish works shortly after the comps as well. Both groups and Contest inspire the creation of new ideas which happens to be a very good thing for curing writer's block not causing it.