RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RichGenX
2018 Author's Intro

Well, I'm doing some modification to my old Marvel Mayhem entries, to tidy them up a little, as well as give them an bit of an updated look. This is part of the updating project that also goes hand in hand with my posting of my older works onto Comic Vine. Included in this will also be a link to the updated entry that is part of my Marvel Mayhem Alternate series.

Original Intro Section

For more Marvel Mayhem follow this link tothe library

Go to our Facebook page to keep an eye out for other stories, as well as upcoming info about our titles.

Marvel Mayhem and RichGenX presents: Richard Cale - The Day His Life Changed

A few of the writers in Marvel Mayhem have created some OC's to use in their works. Recently, ImpurestCheese did a background story for her character, Ossuary, so I decided to type of the background for Richard Cale, and how he met Yvette. Before the story, some basics about Richard Cale.

Richard Cale
Alias:Skitz
First Appearance:Learning Gen-X Style #1
Total Appearances:Including this post: 11 canon, 1 non-canon (At the time of the original posting)
Powers:Mutant mimicry, including powers, memories, and some personality. Permanently holds an ability to make his skin razor sharp, and some psychic abilities, as well as an accelerated healing factor.

Generation X/Marvel Mayhem Disclaimer (added April 6th 2018)

Generation X is property of Marvel comics, as are most of the characters mentioned in this story. Richard Cale is my own creation, and would appreciate being asked permission before you use him. Marvel Mayhem is a group that was originally created for stories up on Comic Vine

======================================

No Caption Provided

Updated Version of this storyA Chance Encounter

No Caption Provided

Richard Cale would always remember the day his life changed. He was like many people that way. It was usually the day people referred to as the day they met that special person in their lives. For Richard, it was the only positive thing about that day.

The day began almost like many days had begun for the teenager. He had another argument with his father. For the past few months, his father’s company had been buying up smaller companies, and letting go people who obviously needed their jobs. His father had always said that there was a good reason, but as far as Richard was concerned, no reason could be good enough. People needed the jobs they had for a reason.

As usual, after that argument, Richard Cale left his home, and went on a walk. It was nothing that ever worried him, to be walking in the woods around his family’s estate. They were large, and he never ran across anything unusual in the woods. Even the animals that lived in the woods were timid, and always seemed to accept his presence.

He would often wonder if it was linked to his mutant ability. He had been blessed with a rather unusual mutant power. He would take on the powers, memories, and sometimes personality of a mutant he got in close proximity with. He even retained that ability after leaving that close proximity, usually for about half the time he had spent with the mutant.

This day, however, he could tell something was unusual in the woods. Everything was eerily quiet, as if some presence was in the woods that everything was afraid of. He was also certain that that something was behind him. That feeling of being stalked was enough to make Richard pick up his pace, and keep walking in the direction he was heading. It was not something he was unfamiliar with, since with his father’s title, the paparazzi were always somewhere watching him.

To his surprise, Richard found himself at something odd in the middle of the woods. A tall lighthouse was in the middle of the woods. Something about it seemed odd, since due to all the times he walked through the woods, he never encountered the structure before. He still felt the feeling that something was following him, and he had the feeling that the only choice he had at the moment was to hide in the odd structure.

To his relief, when he tried the door, it opened with ease. He moved, both quickly and quietly, into the structure, and closed the door. He also knew enough to not remain near the door, since whoever was following him would be ready to break through the door. The safest bet was to climb up, and hope the building had some hiding places in it.

As he climbed up, he made some disturbing discoveries. First off, there were rooms on every floor, and a majority of them were unlocked. A brief glance inside told him that there might be hiding places in them, but the sight of corpses in the rooms ruled the rooms out. It also explained why the animals were silent in the woods. The place held death.

No Caption Provided

Still, he advanced up the floors, coming across only one locked door. At first, he didn’t attempt to open the door, since rattling it might lure whatever was in the place to his attention. He moved up, discovering he had reached the top floor. To his surprise, the biggest room was up there, but he didn’t dare enter it. The place was occupied, and what he saw through the open part of the door was a group of men, all standing around a lone figure. That figure disturbed him the most, since the figure wore a strange mask, and was obviously scarred. Also, from his vantage point, he noticed the scarred man also had what looked like gaping holes on the palms of his hands, and was obviously the leader of the group. He quietly crouched down, and listened as the figure spoke. “Have we found that mysterious mutant?”

That alone made him wonder. Who was this being looking for? As if to answer his question, what appeared to be a purple mutant said, “I was patrolling the area, and saw someone walking in the woods. I could not tell if he was a mutant or not.” That explained the silence, and the feeling that he was being followed. Richard also wondered if he was the mysterious mutant being sought after by this group.

He noticed a small man was talking now, and the letters on the little man’s hat did not subdue his feeling of unease. “From the readings I got from past observations, sir, the mutant in question has powers that appear and disappear. Would make him a powerful thrall. He’s also been spotted walking in these woods from time to time. Could have been him? Do you want to send them out again, or go hunt him yourself?”

Richard felt ice go through his veins when he heard that. It was now obvious that they were looking for him, but didn’t have a clue who they were looking for. He also didn’t like the idea of the word thrall. He had read various books in his time, and remembered seeing the word before. It usually meant someone turned into a vampire by another vampire. That was not something he wanted to experience.

He didn’t need to hear anymore. He started back down, again as quietly as he could. There was no way he’d be used by any monster. As long as they didn’t have any idea who he was, he could escape. He could then avoid the woods for a while, and remain out of this things radar. It was the sensible thing to do.

As he reached the locked door, however, his power went active. He felt his hands becoming claws, and his hair spiking up. His mind picked up on memories that weren’t his, traumatic memories. He noticed his skin turning red. The final thing that happened was the eeriest. He heard a voice in his mind, a girl’s voice, and it was in a language he was just coming to recognize. “Who’s there? I need help. That monster is feeding off me.”

Richard paused and looked at the door. Whomever was behind that door was being victimized by that thing. In good conscience, he could not leave anyone behind like that. He looked at the door, momentarily debating what to do. He could save himself, and live with the guilt of leaving someone behind for a vile monster. He could try to break the person out, but in doing so, either be rescuing a genuine girl in distress, or falling into a trap. He ruled out the trap, since they weren’t even aware he was here, so there was only one choice in his mind.

No Caption Provided

He put the new claws to quick use, and managed to cut the door away from the wall. He stepped inside, and was horrified by what he saw. The room looked like a medieval dungeon. All over the walls were gouges, done by a claw like hand. He scanned the room, and saw the most horrific sight. There was a young woman, obvious the mutant his power had latched onto, and close to his age. She was chained to the wall, and in an outfit that looked like it would fit in with some sort of alternative lifestyle club.

He went over to her, and started breaking the chains, which were in a way she couldn’t cut them herself. As he did, he answered the question she asked him before. “My name is Richard Cale. I came across the place in the woods. I think that monster might be after me as well, and I won’t leave you to be a victim to that thing.” He had broken the last of the chains by then, and was stunned when she collapsed to the floor.

He quickly helped her up, and as he did, he heard her say, “He had just fed off me. I’ll be fine in a bit, but if he catches you here, we’ll…” He picked up on her trailing off, and heard the noise as well. Someone was approaching the cell. He quickly looked into her pure blue eyes, and she said, “It can’t be him. It must be one of his thralls.” He nodded, and quickly moved out of sight of the door.

They waited for a moment, and then Richard saw a figure look in. He couldn’t tell the gender, but they were obviously wrapped in similar straps as the girl was. Before the figure could react, he quickly kicked at the figure, causing them to stagger back, and fall over a railing. He had not noticed the gap, and the figure fell to the floor below. He wasn’t sure if the person was injured or not, but he didn’t take time to check. Judging by the sound above them, the noise had attracted the attention of those above. He put his arm around her waist, and said, “Let’s go”

He was pleasantly surprised when she kept up with him, and the quickly moved down the steps. Just as they reached the bottom of the first flight, he heard the raspy voice from before say, “Stop them. Yvette can not be allowed to escape. She’s been my longest lasting meal source.”

The two of them picked up their pace, and with luck on their side, they were out of the building. He took the lead, being familiar with the woods, and guided her through it, making sure to double back, and keep moving away from his home. He didn’t want to lure that monster to his family, no matter how much he disagreed with his father.

When Richard felt they were safely far enough away, he slowed down and said, “I think we are safe at the moment, but we’ll keep moving. The village of Finedon is not far from here. We will get a cab there, and head someplace safe to get you out of those straps.”

He felt the surprise, and when she looked at him, he saw it in her eyes. “Aren’t you worried he’ll find you and your family if you take me with you?” He shook his head, and he noticed her eyes going wide. “You are going to keep running with me? Why?”

He looked at her, and chanced using the name he heard the monster say. “Yvette, he knows I rescued you, and he was looking for me for some reason. Besides, I don’t think you are from England. You’d be better off with me helping you.”

She remained quiet for a time. During that time, he noticed that her body was starting the soften. It was obvious to him that it looked uncomfortable, but her face looked very pretty, especially as her red hair started to lay against her back. As they finally reached the outskirts of Finedon, the young lady spoke for the first time, and her voice sounded as lovely as the psychic voice he had heard. “I’d appreciate that. By the way, what’s your name, again?”

He took her hand, almost gently, and responded. “My name is Richard Cale, and if you don’t mind me saying this, you have a very lovely voice. Now, let’s get you some place to get cleaned up, and get you into a nice outfit to compliment those blue eyes.” For a moment, he could have sworn she blushed, but it could have been an involuntary use of her powers. Maybe not going home wouldn’t be so bad. Besides, for a bit, he could use some of the places his father’s company had set aside for his father’s use. It would be a good start for keeping them off the monster’s radar.

It also was the start of a memorable relationship.

Original Closing Section

Check out the rest of the adventures featuring the characters of Learning Gen-X Style

Updated Closing Section (April 2018)
The story that comes next chronologicallyThe Chase Begins
For the first story in On The Run (The series for Marvel Mayhem 2.0)The Chase Begins
Supplimental StoryNot Just An Event
For the first story in Learning Gen-X StyleSetting Up
Non-Canon StoryLearning Gen-X Style Holiday 2013
For the Library Page for Marvel Mayhem Original and AlternateRichGenX's Library - Marvel Mayhem (Origianl and Alternate)
Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome description! Now I know more about Richard Cale!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Yes, great yours has pictures. :-) Hopefully this will attract the readers you deserve.

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, more readers would be nice.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richgenx said:

Yes, more readers would be nice.

Yeah, it would be nice. :D

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richgenx: @rabbitearsblog: Yes comments, reading anything would be nice. BTW when was the last time either of you commented on my stuff?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richgenx: @rabbitearsblog: Yes comments, reading anything would be nice. BTW when was the last time either of you commented on my stuff?

I've just commented on your Heroes for Hire series. I've been meaning to read your stories, but I've been busy these past few weeks! :D

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers