Midguardian: Chapter 11

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By TypingKira

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. 

Thor whirled around instantly and snatched me around the middle as I fell, after slipping off his back. I tried to fight his iron grip as it crushed me, but that's not why I wanted to get away from him. “Thor! Let me go, he'll die!”

I reached with one hand towards Balder and the Voidess. “Dammit, Thor, let go!”

My elbow collided with his nose, and there was a loud crack! Before he dropped me, holding his face. “Anthy!” he screamed, as I chased after Loki and Karnilla, who had already jumped of Grey's back and were running towards the danger.

I slammed into Balder and rolled him away, making sure he was behind me as we tumbled, dirt flying as Void threw energy blasts at us.

“Anthy!” cried Balder, but I silenced him with a look that could kill as I crouched in front of him. My heart was pounding, and I felt sick to my stomach, my palms sweaty. Karnilla flew at the black-glowing girl, hands covered in a purplish glow. The cold did little to chill my nerves, and only wound me up more, as I started to shiver.

The Void looked bored as she knocked aside Karnilla's blasts with little effort. And while it was obvious that Karnilla wasn't at full power yet, the fact that the Void was bored was a bad sign.

She pushed the Norn Queen down and stuck her hand out, an explosion throwing the queen across the clearing and into a row of shelters and tents. “Is this all you've got? Doom said you'd all be stronger than this. But I think I'm more disappointed in you, 'Asguardian', after all don't you run with my precious big sister?”

I glared at her and kicked up a spear to catch in my hand. “High-tail it back to where you came from,” I snarled. Holding the spear as I stood in proper stance, I added, “or I'll whoop your ass.”

“Ooh, scary.”

“Loki,” I called, and the kid looked at me, staring, as I kept my eyes locked on the Void. “Go with Thor and tell him to get the Avengers and the Raiders. Tell him to make it snappy.”

Loki nodded and turned on his heel, running at an angered Thunderer.

“Anthy --”

“Quiet,” I snapped at Balder. “I'm still mad at you.”

The Void put her hand on her hip. The edges of her black dress were undefined, constantly shifting in the breeze.

She made the first move, but I caught her hands behind the spear, then pushed her back, my feet lifting off the ground, and I hauled myself up and over her head, my feet hitting solid ground.

I dragged her through the air and slammed her into the dirt, air rushing out of her lungs and energy blasting randomly from her hands. I dove away before she could stand up, then blocked as she came flying at me.

Jumping up, I flew towards the clouds, screaming 'yeah!' until I turned suddenly and dropped. Void was on my tail, so I I zigged left and zagged right, my heart pounding. I dropped again, reaching terminal velocity, then facing up to look at her.

“Tell your boss that I'm coming for him!” I screeched, as I pulled the spear back like a baseball bat and nailed her in the face with the end, then as she was falling, I brought it down right on the back of her head, driving her into the earth.

Landing in front of her, my back to the Asgardian camp, I saw people I knew from Broxton mixed in with the fighters.

Voidess hauled herself from the crater, slowly, her arms shaking as she lifted herself up. Her fair skin was covered in dirt smudges. And her eyes glowed with rage and fear in equal measure.

“You better tell Doom that if any Asgardians have died at his hands, I'll personally make sure each one gets their revenge on him,” I said to her, slowly outlining each word, so that her eyes grew wide, and she quivered with fear.

“Go,” I commanded, and she darted off.

I turned and looked at the stunned faces of those who chased after us. Balder was among them. He stared at me, and in his eyes, I could see the apologies he wanted to lay out.

Which made this a really bad time to pass out.

I opened my eyes slowly. I'd forgotten how exhausting flying had been. Somehow I'd gotten back my powers, and everything felt right. I was warm, lying in a bed lined with furs. The bed was a low cot, near a fire where it was warmest. My hair clung to my forehead, and I pulled up a hand to wipe it away.

Outside, I heard Iron Man and Thor speaking in low tones, with Cap's voice interjecting on occasion.

“She is our protector,” said Thor, with a hushed reverence. “If she should decide that it is what she is ready for, then I will aid her any way she needs.”

“Thor, she's 17. I know that means something a little different to you, but nowadays we don't just let kids decide when they're ready for things like this. You're talking about fighting Doom.

“Iron Man, I have known many young ones her age in my lifetime. She is closer to womanhood than you may believe. Her appearance causes you to underestimate how much she is capable of. And yet we allow the Young Avengers to do as they please?”

“They're not. . . they're more experienced, Thor—”

“Thor will win them over in the end. And if not, they cannot stop you.”

I looked up to see Balder watching me, his hands closed tightly over my right one. He reached over and pulled my hair away from my face. “It was not long ago that you waited at my bedside.”

“Did you come to return the favor?”

He smiled, a serene look in his eyes. But then his face changed, serious, worried. “A rare moment, I have with you. One where you are still and cannot hit me, should I offend you.”

I chuckled, and so did he. “Am I forgiven?” he asked.

Reaching my hand up for his face, he came closer, leaning over me, his thick white cloak falling away, first to the cot then to the floor. “I should be the one who's asking that question. I forgot the spear.”

“It was brought back to us by the one called Amadeus Cho, along with tales of your victory over the Halfling from our brother Ares and his daughter. She suggested I beg your forgiveness on my knees.”

“Yeah, that sounds like Ags,” I joked.

“And you are sounding like yourself. The young woman I first met that dark day. Who knew it would become such a blessing?”

He stroked my cheek with this thumb and bent down, kissing my forehead gently. “I had thought that you would not be so . . . calm.”

“I'm just happy to see that you aren't dead. Give me a while, I'll freak out at you then,” I promised jokingly. And while I knew that I probably should have been furious and calling him mean names for accusing me the way he had, I just didn't want to think about it.

Suddenly, just as our lips were so close to once more touching, the door flap snapped open, and a woman stood in the way of the sun.

“Am I to tell them that she is awake, then?”

Balder straightened out and stood, looking at the light that flooded the tent. “Lady Sif,” he said, nodding.

“I would have words with Lady Teres, my lord,” she asked, and Balder nodded.

“Of course.”

He looked at me, and I squeezed his hand briefly before he left, Sif walking in. I pulled myself up to my elbows, and watched as she pulled thick black blankets from the sides and roof of the tent, bringing in the sunshine. I looked at the door again, and my face split into a wide grin. “Kelda!” I cried.

“Anthy!” she gasped, her mournful face brighter as she looked at me. She rushed over and I jumped to my feet, and we hugged, her soft perfume calming my racing heart.

Sif watched, then when we pulled apart, I stood up. “I don't think we ever properly met,” I said. “But I know who you are. Sif, right? Heimdall's sister?”

“Yes, and I you. Lady Teres, the protector of Asgard. Friend of Thor.”

“Um. . . it's-it's Anthy --”

“A name befitting a child. We were told by Loki that it was Teres. Though, why we trusted him at all is beyond I.”

She didn't have the same. . . calm as Thor did. Thor seemed pretty chill most of the time, dignified and stoic. She seemed tensed to fight, even here, where Balder was calm enough to come close enough to kiss me. Though she was dignified, with the air of someone important, she really just seemed. . . well, kind of uptight.

“It would appear that we intruded on an important moment for you,” teased Kelda, and I pushed her arm as lightly as I could, smiling bashfully.

“It's fine. Now isn't the time for it anyway.”

“Nay!” cried Kelda. “I told you once I would see you happy. I have not changed my mind.”

“Mayhaps we should begin on what we came here to do,” suggested Sif, who was probably put out with our girlish antics. She dropped the tub, and servants began coming in through a back door, filling it with hot water.

“What? A full bath, here? Kelda, these people have better--”

“They have waited long for you. Gungnir has been restored, tales of you and Mjolnir, and your sisters in battle, the Raiders, come to restore all that is yours. Now, finally, we will see you in the glory that befits you, the Heroine,” said Sif, the same reverence in her tone too.

“Wait. . . guys, what's going on?”  

What could possibly make Sif act like that? Why does even Thor act reverential? Is there something we don't know? Is Loki Anthy's new P.R guy, because something tells me it's not gonna work out. 

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CapFanboy
@TypingKira: Muahahahaha, when does Anthy pimp slap Galactus? COME ON!!! She's beat enchantress and Void already!!!
Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

That was great. The fight scene in particular was very well written.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Neat-O

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TypingKira
@Icarusflies: Thanks!

@Mechanical_Ape: Thanks! I worked really hard on it, i'm glad it worked well. 

@CapFanboy: She's not strong enough to pimp slap Galactus! But she could kick Galactus kitty XD 

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CapFanboy
@TypingKira: YES! KITTY WHOOPING FTW!
Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Project_Worm

Awesome! This makes me want to write... Im gonna go write.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TypingKira
@Project_Worm: Then write consarnit!!!

@CapFanboy: I saw Thor and got inspired!
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CapFanboy
@TypingKira: awesome, when d'you think Thor 2: Throg vs Galactakitty comes out?
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#9  Edited By The Impersonator
@TypingKira:
A mighty chapter!
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TypingKira
@CapFanboy said:
" @TypingKira: awesome, when d'you think Thor 2: Throg vs Galactakitty comes out? "
I'm pretty sure it's got an early 2013 release date. XD

@The Impersonator: Lol, thank thee, good Viner! 
Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Project_Worm
@TypingKira: 
Im not sure what consarnit means but it reminds me of dammit... but I am writing regardless.
Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
@Project_Worm: I think it means she's slowly turning into a cowboy. If you don't write faster she may be lost forever.
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TypingKira
@Project_Worm: it's the same thing. 

@Mechanical_Ape: He's onto me. . . quick, say somethin' that a city slicker'd say! Howdy there! Consarnit. . . 
Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Project_Worm
@Mechanical_Ape: 
Im trying to but I keep getting side tracked by everything thats has kept me from writing...
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MadComics

Very well written!! And Why so many questions? Idk. I loved the fight scene!

ThorSonOfOdin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ThorSonOfOdin

'Tis great Chapter! You have done well in all chapters! I shall read more! HUZZAH!

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TypingKira
@ThorSonOfOdin said:
"

'Tis great Chapter! You have done well in all chapters! I shall read more! HUZZAH!

"
Thank thee, good Odinson! By the by, I'm totally calling you Odinson XD
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Lvenger

Verily this tale hath been masterfully crafted by such a skilled writer as thyself. Why legends shall be spoken of this tale for its humour, romance and action enow to please even the mighty gods of Asgard.

Basically I'm in an Asgardian mood after seeing some trailers for Thor again so that is why I have written it like this. Another great chapter, keep em coming!

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TypingKira
@Lvenger said:
" Verily this tale hath been masterfully crafted by such a skilled writer as thyself. Why legends shall be spoken of this tale for its humour, romance and action enow to please even the mighty gods of Asgard. Basically I'm in an Asgardian mood after seeing some trailers for Thor again so that is why I have written it like this. Another great chapter, keep em coming! "
I thank thee, good sir, and am made most glad by the news that my literary efforts have pleased eyes as distinguishing as thine own! 

Lol, I loved Thor, it was a great movie. THanks, will do!