Midguardian: Chapter 10

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By TypingKira

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. 

Also, I'm crunched for time so this chapter is not very well edited. Please ignore spelling and grammatical errors until I fix them!

“It would seem to me that you've given up,” noted Karnilla.

“Be quiet,” I said, as I watched Thor dangling from his hold.

“Perhaps you have. No doubt by now, the Voidess has taken her prize – Balder's head.”

Turning to look at Karnilla, I glared. “Shut up.”

“Ooh, rage. This is interesting, I had though that the Heroine of Asgard would be a rageless being, too noble for such feelings. Unless the prophecies of you are untrue?”

“Karnilla,” sighed Thor. “Be silent.”

By now he was fading, and I realized that they weren't regulating the machine. Standing up, I pushed my hands against the glass. “Thor?”

He looked at me, his blue eyes paling with his skin. “Thor! Stay awake!” I cried, as I realized he was gonna pass out. “No. . . no Thor!”

I slammed my fist against the glass, until my strength outlasted my skin. I cringed as I realized my hand was bleeding, but I didn't care. “Thor!”

He looked over to me, and it was obvious that he was as frustrated as me. But what to do? I was trapped. He was trapped. Karnilla was useless and trapped.

Anger surged through me, like fire in my blood. Rage fueled my fist on the glass one more time, hitting hard enough to crack the glass but not to break through it.

I listened as I heard the same horse shrieking, and now SHIELD agenst yelling “get that kid!”

The door burst down in a blast of bullets, and a kid clad in black and green tripped, falling over himself and rolling into the room, catching himself, and pushing the door back up, the gray horse that followed him in blocking the door.

The kid held himself up against the wall, and looked at the horse. “Grey!” I called, and the massive equine whinnied at my voice.

“Loki!” gasped Thor.

“Ho, brother! I see that you are indeed in need of my rescuing!”

This wasn't the Loki I knew – he was just a kid! He was actually kind of cute, with big green eyes and a tuft of shaggy black hair sticking out from under his hood, which he pulled back as he looked at me.

His pale cheeks instantly glowed red, and his eyes widened as he walked closer to the glass. “Erm. . . hullo,” he said, cocking his head to the side and raising one eyebrow, leaning against the glass. “I am Loki. Who might you be?”

“About to hurt you if you don't get me out of this fishtank!” I snarled, pounding my hand against the breaking glass.

“Zounds! You do realize, little raven, that you are trapped inside and thus unable to harm me?”

“Loki!” snapped Thor weakly. He coughed, a sign that he was running out of breath.

Loki got right to work, turning from my hold and typing in something on the computer that controlled our traps. His eyes scanned over information quickly, then he looked up at me. “The passcode to get Asguardian out is simpler than the one to – oh no!” he cried, looking at the lock as it clicked, but didn't open. “It's stuck!”

“Then I'll make it unstuck,” I said, as I ran to his side of the door. I braced myself, then rammed my shoulder into the door nearest the lock. “Oww!” I howled, holding my shoulder.

“Try once more, Asguardian,” urged Loki, who must've read my name in a file on the computer.

“Can't you pick the lock or something!?”

“You can smash through it, but does it look like it can be tampered!?”

“Isn't this your bit!?”

“Move!”

I rammed into the door one more time, then ripped off the hospital gown. I glanced at Karnilla as I panted and considered our next move. “We need to get Karnilla and Thor out,” I began, grabbing the cylinder my ring was in, and smashing it on the side of the table. I pushed the signet on my finger, then looked at the computer as my curls fell in my face.

“Okay, umm, Loki, how do I bust Karnilla out?”

“The pass number is 12-14-17-99,” he recited, and I typed them out. “How'd you know?” I asked.

“The Midgardian military commander, George Washington, died that day. How could you not know such an obvious--”

He was cut off as Karnilla's lock opened without a hitch and she slammed the door into him. “Hah! No bounds can hold Karnilla!” she cried, and I ran up, grabbing her wrists as the green lights glowed with no change in pattern.

“You've still got the power dampeners on,” I panicked, my hands shaking in front of me. “What do we do?”

“Have you a hairpin?”

“Loki, I seriously doubt a hairpin is going to get through these! We need the key.”

“Then let us go fetch it, I believe I saw it on --”

“My father has the keys,” I said, turning and looking at Mjolnir in it's own hold. Really, I could have questioned the wisdom of having Thor's weapon in the same room as him, but the psychological effect seemed to be powerful.

Holding my hand out as the hammer hovered, I closed my eyes and said, “hammer, to me.”

The glass shattered! And Mjolnir's warm leather-wrapped handle was in my grasp. I looped my hand through the strap. “Loki, make sure Thor stays awake,” I said. “Karnilla, stay here.”

Grey moved aside, kicking the table aside so that it scooted a foot or so. “Anthy . . .”

I turned and looked at Thor with a smile. “It'll be okay,” I said. “But I'm not Anthy right now. I'm Asguardian.”

He nodded, his eyes half-lidded. “Go,” he urged. “But be safe.”

I nodded in return, and started down the path, bare feet nearly silent as I pit patted down the hallway.

Using Mjolnir was a seperate thing from using my own powers. Because even if my powers failed, I still knew now what I knew a long time ago – my powers might not last. Any second they could be gone. But I would still be here.

Agents started to run at me, but I hit without thinking, knocking him back and sending him sprawling.

It's a definite thrill when you bring down a government agent in one move.

More came at me, this time in groups, but each one went down, a kick in the knee, a punch in the face, a hammer tap to the back of the head (but not too hard, I wasn't out to kill anyone).

A huge agent flew at me, and I dropped down, grabbed his chest, and turned him right to the wall, where he crashed and crumpled. “Tch, please. Don't they teach you anything at them fancy SHIELD academies?”

“Well, for one,” I heard. “They don't teach you how to fight little girls with hammers.”

“Dad,” I started. “I don't want to hurt you.”

Looking down the hall, it looked like half my work had been done for me. There was a bleeding cut on his brow, and his arm was cut, his uniform torn. “You're tougher than I though.”

“Yeah, well, y'know, eat my green vegetables.”

“Where'd all this attitude come from?” he asked, taunting.

“Your mom said the same thing last night.”

“You think that's gonna get me all mad and distracted?”

“Hoped it would.”

“Well it ain't!”

He started for me, coming at me like I was a real criminal, and not his angsty teenage daughter. I rolled under his leg and kicked his back, retracting my leg quickly and grabbing his hand as it reached out to snatch me. A light tap with an electified Mjolnir was all it took to bring him down, and I smiled as he stared up at me. “I shouldn't be smiling,” I said as I took the keys, then dangled them in front of his face. “But it's just too damn funny.”

Loki and Karnilla rode on Grey, and I flew on Thor's back as we raced towards the Asgardian camp. I saw a black shadow on the horizon and gasped. “I have no powers. . . how will we fight her?”

“The same way you stood against those SHIELD agents, Asguardian – with courage.”

I rolled my eyes.”Thanks, Thor.”

As we zoomed ever closer, I could see that the little Voidess had already been having fun with the Asgardian Warriors, trashing the camp and injuring soldiers.

Looking up, I gasped as I saw Balder edging ever closer to her, his sword at the ready. And little Void smiled. “You're a cutie, aren't you?” she babbled.

“Prepare to be vanquished, mortal wenchling!” shouted Balder, as he dashed towards her.

“No!” I screamed.  

OMG, what'll happen next!? Will Asguardian get to Balder in time? Will Balder die at the hands of the Voidess?! Stay tuned next week for the next exciting scene!

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CapFanboy
@TypingKira:  “Your mom said the same thing last night.”....did she just say that to her own dad? O.O....creepy.

Karnilla: Balder, you're dying!
Balder: Oh, will you F*&^ off!

I did love this chapter, new defenders are suffering from lack of effort. I need to get this damn thing finished. I praise your existence :)
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Cool!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

@TypingKira:
Great chapter! I just hope the Voidess doesn't kill Balder. Can't wait to see what happens next.

If you haven't noticed, I already posted the Freaks Special: Royalty.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TypingKira
@CapFanboy: Lol, it's a moot point -- he's a SHIELD agent, he doesn't have family (in comics, children don't count) Thanks! 

@Icarusflies: Thanks!

@The Impersonator: I'm glad you like it, thanks for letting me know!
Hero1921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hero1921

Nice chapter. Can't wait for the next one.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TypingKira
@Hero1921: Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!
The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By The_Myth

You've got a real talent for writing!
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers