#1 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to Mashed Up Origins! This is an experiment of mine that I was going to make into a group, but with the chaos that a group can bring I decided to go it alone. Feel free to do your own. It’s short, sweet and basically a quick origin, not an ongoing just something to make you go (hopefully) “I’d like to see that!”

Dr Donald Blake stood at the street corner waiting for the lights to change, aimlessly looking through the Daily Bugle. His thoughts drifted to Jane Foster, the attractive brunette nurse who worked with him day in day out at the hospital. There was a squeal of brakes and the sounding of horns. He glanced up to see a truck careening down the street. In the middle of the road was an old blind man, caught out by the lights.

“Move!” he yelled as he hobbled through the oblivious crowd and pushed the man to safety. The truck swerved and tipped, rusty orange barrels fell off the back as the truck ploughed into a power pole.

Dr Blake threw his arms up to protect himself as a barrel exploded in front of him coating his arms and face in green radioactive goo. He screamed as his world went black.

“Don”

“Donald?”

“Can you hear me?”

Donald lay in bed, his hands fumbled onto the banadages on his face

“What happened?” he asked hoarsely

“There was an accident” said Jane’s calm voice “You suffered a…” Her voice cracked and she began to weep

“I’m blind aren’t I?”

“You want to do what?” said Jane

“I want to go to Norway and scale the mountains in Rondane National Park” said Donald sipping his coffee

“But you’re blind!” said Jane “Oh god I’m sorry”

“Its fine Jane” laughed Donald “I am blind but just because I lost my sight doesn’t mean my world ends. Besides I’ve been having weird dreams for months about Norway”

“So when do you leave?”

“After I sign some papers with my attorney Mr Nelson, I’ll be on my way Friday”

Don felt his way along the cave wall, it was cold but he knew this was where he was supposded to be. Slowly Donald made his way into the cave. His ears, nose and hands sent to his brain an almost three dimensional picture into his mind. In front of him wedged in the ice was a stick. Donald smiled and reached out to it.

Lightning cracked and thunder roared.

But it was still dark…

#2 Posted by TheCannon (17995 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. Who is it a Mashed up origin of? Thor and?

#3 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

just Thor, but instead of spread out along multiple chapters, it's all crammed into a one shot (like I do with my short stories.)

@batkevin74: GREAT CHAPTER!

Last line was awesome.

#4 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Heres my idea for a mash-up origin. It's Daredevil and Bane's origins.

Matt Murdock was the son of a wrestler who was arrested. When his father died, he was thrown in prison to continue his fathers sentence. He was chosen to do a project with a toxin called Venom. However, an escaping prisoner put a leak in the Venom that made some of the Venom shoot into Matt's eyes. It blinded him, but increased his strength, smell, taste, and hearing. He used the ability to break out of prison, and become the villain known as Daredevil.

#5 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@TheCannon said:

just Thor, but instead of spread out along multiple chapters, it's all crammed into a one shot (like I do with my short stories.)

Last line was awesome.

It's Thor with Daredevil's origin; the truck, radioactive isotopes, Mr Nelson. What If Thor was blind but with radar sense

@GR2Blackout: Nice idea

#6 Posted by TheCannon (17995 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

@primepower53 said:

@TheCannon said:

Last line was awesome.

It's Thor with Daredevil's origin; the truck, radioactive isotopes, Mr Nelson. What If Thor was blind but with radar sense

@GR2Blackout: Nice idea

Okay. I can't beleive I missed that.

#7 Posted by Rusty_Irons (627 posts) - - Show Bio

ahhhh. So its like Marvel with Marvel.

#8 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@tmacximas: Kinda, yeah...actually that's what it is exactly.

#9 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumped to be next to the other two of these I've done

#10 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (834 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! Lvoe at the end how he's still blind! Loving these, keep itu p! Team up with your Winter Namor? :)

#11 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Read all three and I must say very well done on all of them. Short, interesting and slightly morish...like a reading Pringle if you will :) Do you take suggestions? Good work once again

#12 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@4donkeyjohnson: Thanks man, and sure I take suggestions...may not do it but I'll take it on board

#13 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumped so all three are near each other :)

#14 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

You should do a Spider Man, an Iron Man and Black Panther are my suggestions

#15 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (834 posts) - - Show Bio

You should do a story with them all...as I said on yur other one :)

#16 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomdickharry1984: Maybe

#17 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (834 posts) - - Show Bio

DO it!!!!

#18 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomdickharry1984: Few more Mash Up's then we'll see

#19 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

I do wonder how your blind Thor would do against your Logan/Ghost Rider?

#20 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it

#21 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor:Sweet!

#22 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#23 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes bump, bump this indeed :)

#24 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#25 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

And bumped, off to work

#26 Edited by cbishop (7207 posts) - - Show Bio

The other mash-ups I understood, but what's the idea behind Daredevil and Thor? Double "handicap?" (in quotes because DD's powers make it more of an advantage, in many ways) Added to my FF Long Box - Authors. :)

#27 Posted by ImpurestCheese (4666 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Hmm not sure. Daredevil and Thor/Blake. Got to see how it pans out.

#28 Posted by batkevin74 (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: Yeah kinda, coz when Blake is Blake he has a limp and turns into Thor and he's fine. This one well the affliction carries to both. Also the visual of Thor with a red bandana over his eyes relying on his senses to throw lightning really appealed to me.

@batkevin74: Hmm not sure. Daredevil and Thor/Blake. Got to see how it pans out.

Well blind lawyer works...blind doctor, who goes to a blind doctor? :)

#29 Posted by cbishop (7207 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by ImpurestCheese (4666 posts) - - Show Bio