Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silversurfer89

Marvel vs DC (Ultimate Extinction)

Part 2

Batman arrived at the bat cave a shirt time later. Alfred was waiting for him there. Batman emerged from the car, the bullet in his hand. He walked over to his supercomputer.

"What did you find out?" Alfred asked him. "Any leads, sir?"

"No," Batman told him. No witnesses, no reports, no sightings, nothing. Just a gunshot and the next thing you know, there's a body laying in the street. Whoever is doing it is doing it on purpose. Doing it with an intent."

"So these aren't random victims?" Alfred asked him. He walked towards Batman with a plate in his hand. "I made you dinner sir."

"No, I don't believe they are," Batman told him. "Remember when I shut down that mob operation? These killings didn't start until after the operation was closed down. So obviously, they're doing it to either call me out, or just out of revenge."

"But how does that connect all the victims?" Alfred asked him. He sat the plate of steaming hot food on the table.

"That last victim. Her name was Mandy Wilson. She worked at a bank. A mob owned bank. I get the feeling that whoever is doing all this killing is taking out everyone who associated themselves with the cops, because after all, it was both the cops and me that stopped their operations. I was the last one they saw before the went off to jail."

"Well.... If that was the case, wouldn't whoever is doing all of this be sniping out you or police officers instead?" Alfred asked him.

"That's what's strange about this. That's what I'm still trying to figure out," Batman told him. He picked up the bullet. "Hopefully this bullet will give me some answers." He picked up the bullet and began to inspect it. 50 caliber. It had went straight through the skull, and was laying next to the body.

"DNA sample? Fingerprint analysis? What are you gonna do?" Alfred asked.

"Nothing yet," Batman said. "I'm gonna go back out and search for some new clues. I'm gonna try to identify where the shooter was."

"After dinner?" Alfred asked him. He sat down in one of the comfy armchairs.

"Yes, after dinner," Batman told him. He picked up the plate and began to eat. Meanwhile, at the Gotham City Police Department, everything was calm, until a brick came crashing through the window. Several cops rushed to the scene. Attached to the brick was a letter that read:

BATMAN IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.

"Commissioner Gordan, I think you better come look at this!" One of the officers called. Gordan read the letter.

"There is something going on here boys." He said. He picked the brick up and carried it to his office. He was confused. Keeping the brick and letter with him, he then put on his jacket and began to head out the door. "I'll be back," he told the officers, then he took off into the night. A while later, he net Batman on top of the building, near the bat signal. He showed Batman the brick and the letter.

"I don't understand Gordan. Somebody is behind all of this. Someone is killing off people in retaliation of the MiB getting busted. What's confusing is why they would kill the woman that works in the bank. That watches over and protects their money."

"Well Batman," Gordon said, "The last victim had actually came to us one night. She had come to us and had told us that the mob was after her and that she needed protection. This was about a week before she died. A week ago."

"But there were victims before her," Batman said. "Was the mob after them too? None of the other victims even worked for the bank or knew anything about mob. No connections, nothing."

"Well you're the detective here. You tell me," Gordon said.

"None of this makes sense," Batman said. "An unknown sniper goes around and kills 4 innocent people, then goes and kills someone who knows something about the mob."

He turned and looked at the brick with the letter attached. "And now this," he said. "This seems pretty pointless Gordon, especially since you already know that I'm on your side."

"If all of the mob members are locked up, then how would anybody know that you associate yourself with us anyway?" Gordon asked. "The members that are locked up, the wouldn't be able to throw this through our window, because their behind bars."

"Another question Gordan. You're right, the mob is behind bars, so how do we even know that they're the ones doing these killings?" Batman asked.

"Well you're the one who said that it's the mob doing it out if retaliation," Gordon told him.

"With the timing of it all, it sure seemed that way," Batman said. "Now I'm not even sure of my own ideas now."

"But you're Batman. You don't make mistakes," Gordon told him. He lit up a cigar.

I dont," Batman told him. "I don't know. Maybe I'm just having an off night tonight."

"Or maybe it shows that you're human after all. Humans make mistakes." Gordon said.

"That's what I'm afraid of. At this point, with crime like this, in a city like this, I can't afford too. I can't afford to be normal," Batman said. That's when he saw it. A woman being shoved into a van. She was screaming for her life. "I'll be back," he told Gordon. He jumped off the roof and glided towards the van. The van took off, the woman still inside. Batman chased the van from the skies, keeping a sharp eye on it. The van drove fast down the street, turning and drifting on the road. Batman flew down and landed on top of the van. He could hear some screaming inside. The van then came to an abrupt stop. Out climbed 5 thugs wearing mask. A fist fight ensued. Batman fought them all, knocking out the last one. He then reached inside to grab the woman. She seemed to be stuck, then that's when he heard it. The ticking of a bomb. He looked up above him and saw the clock ticking down. 3..... 2..... 1...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Batman arrived at the bat cave a shirttime later

Commissioner Gordan

???

silversurfer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@silversurfer89: Hm, you could change some of the unnecessary numbers in this. Dates, countdowns and times are fine but numbering things

i.e - 5 thugs is kind of off putting

silversurfer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers