Posted by ekrolo (434 posts) - - Show Bio

As a badass once said..... IM BACK!!!!

………………………………………………………………………………………………

SIEGE PART 2

Kohim sat in his office writing the paperwork related to the next Council meeting that would determine the military response the shadow beings, reports from the front lines continued to instill more fear into the hearts and minds of the aging Council of nobles, Kohim did not seem worried in the slightest for his thoughts were on the throne.

He had long desired it but could not attain his ultimate prize because of the royal family, now that they were all but snuffed out, and with the sole survivor Drirr still unable to gather enough influence over the noble houses, him being chosen as king was all but certain.

His patience would be rewarded very soon, he need only to wait a little while longer and it would all come to fruition, he smirked and enthusiastically continued to do the paper work, he took his quill and dipped the tip of it in ink and brought it on an official document, just as he finished writing his signature he heard a knock on the door.

Kohim: Enter.

The door opened and through it came one of Kohim’s personal guard.

Bodyguard: Forgive me for the interruption sir, but I have urgent news that requires your immediate attention.

The old Dwarf did not bother to raise his head to the man; he was too focused on the paperwork and could not be bothered to slow down the progress of its completion for anything.

Kohim: And what would that news be?

Bodyguard (nervous): It appears that.... several soldiers bearing the symbol of the royal house on their armor and weapons have been seen doing battle with the Carta forces throughout the city.... And Drirr has been seen commanding them in person.

Kohim’s blood instantly went to a boil as he snapped his quill in half and his left eye began twitching, there was a moment of silence before the old Dwarf roared like a beast at the top of his lungs and swung his hands across the desk, sending the dozens of papers flying all over the room.

The bodyguard was afraid, his master had a temper and he was known to severely punish those that caused his frustration, he put on a calm façade when his master looked at him and pointed his index finger at him.

Kohim (agitated): You! You are to inform the rest of the soldiers in the manor to prepare for battle, I want every able body man ready to bear arms outside the manor within the hour, and we march on Drirr.

Bodyguard (startled): Y-y-yes sir, I-I-I shall inform them immediately.....

Kohim (furious): Then stop just standing there like you’re shitting your pants and move or I will make an example out of you myself!!!

The guard immediately scurried off to spread the word to his comrades, Kohim stood there alone and in silence, he knew what the risk would be should Drirr discover his connection to the Carta but he wasn’t about to let his rival get the upper hand.

Kohim (thoughts): So boy, you dare fuck with me?! By the time im through with you, you’ll be cursing your own mother for bringing you into this world, that I can promise you!!!

.....................................................................................................................................................

Drirr in the company of 8 of his soldiers entered the base after successfully ambushing a company of Carta warriors outside, unlike the entrance from which Thor and Brunnhilda came through, this one was but a simple tunnel, albeit one that looked like it could collapse at any moment.

While the Asgardians would surely garner the attention of the bulk of the enemy force, Drirr knew that they would not be foolish enough to leave the other areas of the base unguarded and his suspicions were proven true as a patrol consisting of about 6 assassins had just spotted them.

One at the back of the group immediately ran the other way to warn his comrades while his group charged at their enemy, Drirr titled his head slightly to his right and whispered to an archer standing at his side.

Drirr (whisper): Shoot the fleeing coward, do not let him leave here alive.

The archer nodded and aimed his bow at the fleeing assassin; he smirked as the arrow flew across the room, past the heads of the still charging Carta warriors and hit the messenger in the back of the head, killing him instantly.

Carta assassins looked on as the arrow killed their friend in shock, Drirr and his group took their moment of hesitation and immediately charged at them, Drirr ran his sword through the back of an assassin before the rest finally snapped out of it and attacked them.

Their weapons clashed and cut into the flesh of their respective foes, Drirr swung his blade and in one fell swoop cut into the flesh of two assassins, blood sprayed from their chests tainting the walls and floor as they fell to the ground dead.

Drirrs troops had killed the remaining three with little effort, and still without as much as a scratch on any of them.

Drirr: We must press on, there will be more patrols like this without a shadow of a doubt, so be alert and do not let any of them message the main force, and am I understood?

Troops (in unison): Yes sir!

Drirr smirked and ran deeper into the base and into the belly of the beast, his followers hot on his heels.

Thor and Brunnhilda stood 50 feet away from the small army of Dwarven assassins clad in the armor of Kal-Shiroks army and bearing their weapons, all of which stood now stood in their path to the Carta leader, the first few ranks were equipped with 10 foot long pikes, the first line soldiers were in a semi crouched position and held the pikes upward into the sky while the four lines behind them held them in a straight line forward.

Behind the pike men there were several ranks of foot soldiers equipped with broadswords greater than the average height of a Dwarf (5'/152 centimeters) and finally the back ranks were equipped with cross bows that were now trained on them.

Before the two could strike the archers released a volley of arrows and the entire corridor was filled with hundreds of them, Thor charged forward and used what little power was left in his hammer and incinerated them in mid flight.

He then spun it in his hand once more gathering the power of the heavens and threw the mighty Uru hammer into the ceiling above the small assassins army, within moments all of them were buried under the rubble and the few survivors could still be heard crying in agony. He then charged at the newly formed cave in and swung Mjölnir with all his might breaking away the rocks thus clearing the path and taking care of any remaining obstacles.

Thor (amused): Did they truly think it would be that easy halting our advance?

Brunnhilda (annoyed): These Dwarves never learn to stay out of our way, its becoming rather bothersome.

Thor: True but they are quite persistent for being so very tiny.

Brunnhilda merely glared at him and walked past him deeper into the cave knowing that they were going to face the wrath of a most assuredly pissed off Dwarven assassins guild leader very swiftly.

Within the Carta headquarters command room sat the leader of the Carta herself, Svorta and she was in a faul mood, her men were reporting tha they were under siege from a Valkyirie and an Asgardian prince no less. The two had made a name for themselves in slaying Dwarves in particularly gruesome manners in the arena and they were among the last people she ever wanted to see attack her base. She cluctched her dagerr eager to hear what had happened with the force she sent to deal with the Asgardians.

An asassin appeared before her and he was seemingly carrying the message she was waiting for.

Svorta (angry): Well?!

Assassins (nervous/afraid): I-im sorry boss, it seems that.... That our strike force against Thor and the Valkyrie failed.... They are all dead.....

Upon hearing this Svorta immediately threw her dagger right in between the eyes of her soldier, she then took her sword and battle axe and prepared to launch another strike against them herself, and this time her enemy would fall no matter the cost.

#1 Posted by YoungJustice (6841 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, so glad you didn't trash this series.

#2 Posted by TheCannon (18732 posts) - - Show Bio

This was amazing. Great job not dropping it. Hope to see more.

#3 Posted by ekrolo (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Thanks for the kind words man.