Marvel Re-Genesis: Pyro #3

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

(From next issue/chapter this'll be called just Marvel Genesis: Pyro as we had a name change to the group. Rated MA due to violence, drinking and Pyro being a bad guy who does bad guy things)

Continued from: Marvel Genesis: Pyro #1 and Marvel Genesis: Pyro #2

Years from now

Pyro conjured up a large fiery hand that shoved the bar doors open as he strode out to the street. There was a light drizzle catching the flashing blue and red lights of the nine police cars that had turned up. Pyro willed the hand away as he scanned the scene.

“HANDS UP AND GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES!” came the orders from one of the officer’s.

No Caption Provided

Pyro rubbed his teeth together in a wicked smile “Not a chance mate!”

“THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!”

Pyro threw his hands up like he was yanking an invisible rug and a plume of fire shot hitting them all. The paint melted off the police cars, lights melted and the officers fled from the intense heat. He snapped his fingers and on cue fire rushed into the gas tank of a cop car and exploded sending it sky high. Several more snaps and the same effect, it was like the area was being shelled.

"I’m not even gonna give you one,” he laughed as he watched the street burn.

CHOOM! CHOOM!

The street quaked as a man in blue and yellow landed directly in front of Pyro. The Australian looked him up and down; crew cut white hair, nasty scar down his left eye and cheek, blue and yellow costume with a crackling S on the belt...

“Sentry,” sneered Pyro as he popped a cigarette in his mouth “Or do you prefer Bob?”

Sentry deliberately cracked his neck both sides, slightly angered at Pyro’s verbal bard. “You can come quietly St. John or….”

Pyro exhaled a cloud of smoke “I’ve never done anything quietly in me life. And another thing, it’s pronounced Sinjin not Saint John, yay drongo!” Pyro flung his hands together and bathed the hero in a column of fire that turned the bitumen at their feet to vapour. Sentry walked forward as if he was being hit with a water pistol.

“I have the power of a million exploding suns,” stated Sentry as he simply walked closer “You are wasting your energy and my time.”

“You’d think that wouldn’t ya,” Pyro laughed. “See how all the road base has burnt away, guess what lies directly underneath?”

Sentry stopped and glanced down to see several exposed pipes with one reading NYC Roxxon Gas. Pyro tilted the flame column down and it began to explode. Time seemingly stopped as Sentry moved, faster than was almost perceivable. He wrenched the offending pipeline out of the ground as he watched the chemical reactions become the explosion. With speed and strength he ripped the entire line out of the road, bent off the ends and tossed the whole section of street up into the air. Pyro’s smiled slowly evaporated from his face as he realised that the massive gas explosion was safely miles above the city.

“Let’s go.” Sentry landed in front of Pyro.

No Caption Provided

“This better work,” he muttered to himself as he flicked a button on his wrist. He looked the god-like man in the face “Hey Bob! How’s the wife? Oh that’s how you got your sca…”

CRUNCH!

Sentry let fly a backhand which sent Pyro hurtling backwards like he’d been shot out of cannon. He ploughed through the bar, down the street and finally came to a stop in the lobby of a building fourteen blocks away. Pyro wobbled to his feet, blood seeping from his ears. He was dazed but alive, he knew that because he vomited up blood and alcohol which made him feel worse and better simultaneously.

“Oh god bless the Mad Thinker,” mumbled Pyro as he patted the kinetic force field bracelet on his wrist like a puppy; it was the reason he was alive. He tried to stand but kept collapsing like he was an accordion. Sentry suddenly appeared and hauled him to his feet. Pyro’s eyes lolled around before managing to focus on his face, slowly smiling a bloody smile.

“Go on,” goaded Pyro.

Sentry raised a fist and paused “You’re pathetic. You deserve to rot in jail.”

Pyro started to chuckle and kept on until he finally passed out in Sentry’s grip.

Now

Pyro stood in his cell. It was especially designed for him, which was kinda flattering but also a giant pain in the bum. The walls, roof and floor were coated with a flame retardant liquid. He wore a bio-leotard full of the same stuff, along with as they’d explained fire extinguisher boots which would coat him and a six foot radius in C02.

“This is ^%&$d!”

No Caption Provided

“Tell me about it!” came a voice from across the aisle. Pyro shuffled to the steel door and peered through the meal slot. Across from him was another cell. ‘Hudak, Steven’ was the name on the cell.

“Who the ^&% are you?” asked Pyro.

“I’m Scorcher.”

Pyro sniggered “All the good names taken huh?”

“At least I didn’t get kicked in the balls by Spider-Man,” came the mocking reply. Pyro gritted his teeth and absentmindedly checked his dull aching junk.

“Didn’t Daredevil kick your head in Steveo?” replied Pyro. "Daredevil for ^&% sake!"

“See you at lunch mutie!”

“Oh that’s bloody original!” laughed Pyro “Sure mate, I’ll see you at lunch so I can kick your $%$#@g teeth in, ya dropkick!”

To be continued…

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

That Sentry VS Pyro fight was pretty awesome. Looking forward to seeing how Pyro and Scorcher get along.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@tommythehitman: If this was on the battle board there would complaints it was onesided or a stomp, but anyone CAN fight anyone and often do in comicbooks

@capfanboy have a look at what I did to your Sentry in the future :)

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is good, though I should say this encounter will look very confusing when I eventually write my Sentry story, though all will make sense eventually

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By TommytheHitman
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Sorry about the late commeny. Real cool to see Scorcher but have the feeling Hudak will come out second best. Wonder what happens when Boomerang turns up.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: No Boomerang I assure you, Z list is your department

@capfanboy: Well when Sentry confronts Pyro it's "many years form now" which in my head is Pyro at about 62. When it's now he's about 33 leaving a good twenty years for whatever happened to Sentry's eye to happen (my guess is Wolvie slept with his wife, someone to kill Spider-Man and other stuff to happen

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: He's not Z List you're thinking of Boomslang

Avatar image for oneaboveall8-26
OneAboveAll8-26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers