Marvel Re-Genesis | Hercules #1

Turbinail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

The male Starbucks employee took the woman's change as he sat back in the chair, finally closing time. Hershel Lees was finally done with the job. "Hershel!" His manager said as she called him into her office. "Hershel, I know this is one of the only ways you are making money, but I have to fire you." Hershel stared at her blankly for a moment that seemed like it lasted forever. "This is my only source of money, you know that!" He yelled into her face. "Yes, I know Hershel, but the thing is, a woman called me today and said that she found a lemon slice in her white chocolate mocha, have you been getting enough sleep lately?" She asked curiously. "I have been getting enough sleep!" He shouted, smashing his fists on to the table, making it collapse into two separate pieces.

"Hershel, please leave." She said, motioning the male to the door. Hershel stared down at the table, and walked into the kitchen of the coffee café one more time. He cracked his knuckles and began punching at the things around him, one being a coffee maker. It was almost industrial size, and Hershel created a huge dent into the side of it. He began breathing slowly, trying to sooth himself as he left the building. "I've never done that before, that was strange." That day it had rained, and it still was creating up a storm. As Hershel made his way to his car, the wind whispered into his ears, "Hercules".

Hershel ignored the whispering wind and drove home. As he walked up to the door, he realized it was locked and that he had left the keys inside the house. That day, his girlfriend had taken the spare keys since she lost her keys. The wind began whispering again, "Hercules, Hercules." Hershel collided his fist with the door, breaking it into slabs with rigid and sharp tips. Hershel ignored the wind and ran upstairs to take a shower. He slept soundly, but his dreams consisted of the word "Hercules". The word was everywhere.

He woke up, not in his house, but in a very bright place, with people twice his size, and Hershel was a pretty big guy. A man with a large beard and a large gown to match his body trailed his way over to Hershel. "Ah, we have found you, Hercules." He said. "Who are you?" Hershel asked, sternly confused. "I am Zeus, your father. You mustn't have forgotten me." He said in a calming voice. "Zeus, you mean the Greek god, Zeus?" He asked.

"Yes, I am your father. You have the strength of all of us Olympian gods." He said, gliding his hands across the gods of the Greek mountain. "This is Olympus, correct?" He asked. "Yes, welcome, Hercules." Zeus shirked. "I AM HERCULES!" Hershel said loudly, making sure all the gods and goddesses could hear him when he shouted out the statement.

TheJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Very interesting take. I'm looking forward to more. Keep it up my man, it's looking great! :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@turbinail: Hercules is a coffee boy, that's an interesting take

Did you use to/currently work at Starbucks? Also this is just me but I alter the names of proper existing companies because they can get annoyed & litigious so can I suggest Storbuks or Stahbuckz which says what it is but leaves it open to parody/imitation. Just a suggestion.

Hershel asked, sternly confused. "I am Zeus, your father. You mustn't have forgotten me." Okay, read this sentence again as is. You mustn't have forgotten me...he must not have forgotten him? He HAS forgotten him. So try maybe "I am Zeus, your father. You seem to have forgotten."

Shame he got fired...

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Nice twist, on the origin. A couple weird wording stuff here and there, but otherwise, good job.

Adding to the library.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice stuff. It's interesting seeing Hercules as more of a... 'I'm gonna say Peter Parker' like character.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@turbinail: Short and very odd. Don't know if I like it so I'll see what happens next issue. As for my girl Hecate...

We are not amused by this oaf Hercules
We are not amused by this oaf Hercules