ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Edited By ImpurestCheese

Missed Issue #1? Click here to see how the story begins - Issue #1

Silver raced into the office she shared with Hank confident in knowing her employer would take triple the time to get here. Slipping off her dress she closed her eyes and took a deep breath as her skin hardened on her chest and spread across her body including over her head. Opening her eyes she saw the world’s colours had shifted to blues and purples, her newly formed compound eyes adjusted to picking up the UV end of the spectrum. Stretching her arms out, she saw the usual glowing silver insectile armour covering them and knew that her entire body was covered with the stuff. Hurriedly she opened up a hidden section of the floor and removed a jump pack, belt and holster complete with a flechette pistol, the darts tipped with the naturally occurring venom found in her sweat.

“I hate this.” Silver stated as she looked in the mirror to see her face supporting black bug like eyes and a trinity of ebony dots on her forehead. “But that research must not fall into the wrong hands.” She added before walking over to the window and leaping out into the overcast sky of New York City, “Really wish I could have grown wings, this thing smells like exhaust fumes.” She hissed as the jump-pack kicked in and slowed her fall before activating as she jumped again, each bound sending her fifty meters down the trail of destruction Screaming Whirlwind had left behind her.

Very soon the pursuit slowed down and Silver watched as her prey dropped down into an industrial park on the Hudson shore. Reducing the power on the jump pack Silver landed on the roof and tapped her belt, the mirror field generator rapidly responding and erasing her from view. Any and all who looked up at the roof would now see a slight shimmer akin to a heat haze where Silver stood, cameras were not so easily fooled especially if they had inferred lenses but such technology was not widely spread and often was monitored by less than alert security guards. Dropping down the same roof access Screaming Whirlwind had used Silver saw the young woman place the notes on a light table in the middle of the room surrounded by figures all dressed in costume.

“Excellent Mimi.” A German accented voice announced from the hooded figure at the head of the table. “Dr Hank McCoy's Beast Particle is the last thing the legion needs to begin operations.”

“Thank you Baron.” Screaming Whirlwind replied as she took her place at the table.

“Techno Wizard how long can until the machinery to mass produce an army is ready?” The Baron asked a man whose skin was covered in purple cybernetic patches.

“Not long Baron.” The Techno Wizard replied. “I'm already working on the calculations as we speak.”

“That too is good.” The Baron purred before walking past Silver to the other end of the table, the glint of both a sickle and a sword shining for a moment under his cloak. “My friends for too long we have been cast aside but now; ridiculed for being dreamers, warriors and visionaries in an age of the subjugated masses. But remember this day, the day that the Legion of Masters rises and reshapes the world into a better place.”

“But what of the heroes who have been seen recently?” A man in red ballistic armour carrying a shield and a pistol mounted to an armoured container mounted on his back. “What of the Moon Devil and Spider Rouge?”

“Or the invisible eyes the government seems to have everywhere?” Techno Wizard added. “Silence has been our best asset, why break out of the shadows now when they have been our truest allies?”

“Because soon we won't need to hide!” The Baron stated. “Relax in the knowledge that soon we will be unstoppable. Now prepare for our ascension all of you, Grey Goliath,” He called to the giant made from stone that occupied one side of the table. “Go with Techno Wizard and make sure that there are no distractions.” He ordered as the villains departed. Silently Silver followed Techno Wizard and Grey Goliath into a lab strewn with devices ranging from suits of armour to boards filled with complex formula.

“Hey I need to go to the bathroom.” Techno Wizard told Grey Goliath as he put down the formula for the Beast Particle on the desk. “Make sure that this doesn't go anywhere.” He added as the colossal rock man sat down in the middle of the lab, silently Silver crept past him and reached the notes before covertly dragging them off the table and retreating.

“Nice try.” Grey Goliath rumbled before he blindly reached out and knocked her over. “I can’t see you but I can feel the vibrations of your feet through the floor. I don’t know who or what you are but the Baron will be interested.” He added as Silver crawled away only to see a rocky palm block her escape. “I see your going to be a pain.” Goliath continued as he took a deep breath in before exhaling, a wave of grey dust shooting from his mouth and landing on Silver’s skin. Within seconds her joint were stiffened as her whole body petrified and collapsed onto the floor.

“What are you doing you dolt!?” Techno Wizard bellowed as he returned. “There is complex machinery in here!”

“Catching an intruder.” Grey Goliath stated as he picked up Silver’s stoned form. “And doing my job. You know what the Grim Baron would do to us if we fail and I wasn't ready to take any chances with her trying to escape.”

“Touché.” Techno Wizard answered. “And your prize will give me more time to work out these formulae. Well you said it yourself, we don’t want to keep the Baron waiting.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Yep. Science said no so Jump Pack will have to do. Trying to get a bit more of Silver Sable in there.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese

Thanks for the Spider-Rogue ref. : D

I also like how she can't fly. Gives it realism. Great chapter.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Tis what I do. She's lucky she can breath. A human sized insect would be dead in minutes due to lack of respiratory exchange let alone fly.

Avatar image for artemisthehuntress
ArtemistheHuntress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I liked it! Very good!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers