Marvel-Nexus: Moon Devil Chapter 3

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Continued from 1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-nexus-moon-devil-chapter-1-1522164/

2: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-nexus-moon-devil-chapter-2-1540415/#8

Other Marvel-Nexus titles are Spider-Rogue by @wildvine

1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-nexus-spider-rogue-721411/#44

2: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-nexus-spider-rogue-2-742010/#29

2A: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/spider-rogue-thresher-cosmic-cross-over-event-3-1521778/#4/

Silver Wasp by @Impurestcheese 1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-nexus-the-silver-wasp-1525833/#15

Years ago in the Sudan

Marc Murdock tumbled down the sandy hills, bullets whizzing by him. Seemed his mercenary days were nearly over as he bounced down the ravine. His mind thought about his choices that led him here to the Sudan being shot at by child soldiers. His wasted unused law degree, his treatment of his little brother Randall, the death of his boxer dad Jack.

A hot searing pain through his shoulder snapped him back to reality as he bounced again and hit the rocky floor; mouth and eyes filling with red sand. Marc felt the bullet wound. It was bad. Miles from anywhere resembling help he was probably going to bleed out unless something miraculous happened.

More bullets peppered the ground around him and he ran into a cave for cover. Sweaty, bleeding, coated in sand and now trapped in a cave. He could hear the chatter of the mysterious Bushman’s little blood thirsty mongrels who were hopped up on cocaine and energy drink. Marc fumbled his way through the pitch black.

CRACK!

He walked smack bang into something, it broke his nose and he fell to the ground. As his eyes slowly adjusted to the dark with the distant light of the entrance behind him he felt what he’d walked into; a statue. Marc’s bloody hands clawed at the statue as he got to his feet and gazed at the marvellous sculpture.

No Caption Provided

-For what purpose do you awaken Khonshu?-

Marc staggered back as the statues eyes erupted in white light, illuminating the cave.

“What?”

-For what purpose do you awaken Khonshu?-

The voice was ancient, crackly and resonated in his head. Marc got to his feet and walked towards the statue. “This is crazy? I must’ve smashed my head pretty hard.”

-You dare stand before a god? You dare look Khonshu in eye! Impudent mortal!-

A pulse of light shot out hitting Marc in the face, his eyes almost bursting at the intensity. He screamed and collapsed on the floor in a heap.

-You will serve me! You will be my avatar. This world has been too long without vengeance!-

“I can’t see!” screamed Marc clutching his face.

-A fist has no eyes! A fist needs no eyes! You will be my fist!-

“NO!” screamed Marc as he flailed his arms around. “I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!” His hand cracked the statue in the face, his knuckles shattered on impact. Marc bellowed in pain and ran blindly, aimlessly and soon into the cave wall and the sweet release of unconsciousness.

“…ucky to be alive.” The voice was soft and brought Marc slowly back into consciousness. As his eyes fluttered open he saw…nothing.

“I can’t see!” he croaked.

“Ssh. It’s okay.” She said as a cold compress was placed on his face. “You’ve had a nasty tumble. My name is Karen Alraune.”

“M-Marc.”

“What happened?”

“I was hoping you could tell me.” Her voice was like a symphony in his ears; her scent seemed to dance in his nostrils as his skin tingled at her touch. He couldn’t see her, but he could. “My father and I found you in this cave. You’ve been shot but the wound has closed but it may be septic.”

“The statue said I am a fist,” coughed Marc as he sat up.

Karen brushed his hair off his face “What statue?”

Marc felt the crate. He could smell the faint hints of chlorine powder and brake fluid. His hearing picked up the slight clinking of ball bearings as the settled in the mixture. He could feel the chemical reaction through the sandalwood panels of the box. It was a relatively simple device, an IED. He’d used similar devices in the Sudan way back when.

“Frenchy, forget the police and just run. Use the stairs.”

No Caption Provided

“What are you talking about Marc?” Franklin walked forward with the crowbar.

“Trust me.” Marc flashed his winning smile “Please, just run.”

Frenchy headed for the doors as Marc listened to the crate. He could almost see the chain reaction as the chlorine reacted to the brake fluid. He leapt into the air; jump kicked the crate over and landed behind the couch as the device exploded showering the office in ball bearings. Glass shattered. Marc’s ears screamed in pain from the sound.

He lay on the ground writhing in sensory pain.

-We deal with Fisk my way now!-

Wilson Raoul Fisk puffed on his cigar as the waters of the Jacuzzi bubbled around his large frame. He blew a smoke ring and chuckled like a rabid hyena as it reminded him of old times in the Sudan.

To be continued...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Uh oh looks like things are going to get messy. Love the origin story that was cool. Also did you check out Issue 2 of Whitewater. I know your probably busy so don't rush take your time.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Trying to get the right ration of Moon Knight to Daredevil is hard, but I think it's working

@wildvine when you're able

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4 wildvine  Moderator

@batkevin74

Wow, way to mash up their origins. I forgot how good you are at this sort of thing.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Nah just lucky. It's quite hard getting the balance right AND making an essentially new person. They have good blendable origins as opposed to say Doctor Hulk: Sorcerer Smash! That's hard and no, I'm not going to do that (though the idea is quite funny)

No Caption Provided

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#6 wildvine  Moderator
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Not quite that is Dr Strange when he was possessed by the demon Zom to stop the Hulk during WWH. I mean getting Dr Stephen Banner or Dr Bruce Strange to Tibet or onto a nuclear test range...see getting the ratio is hard

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped