Marvel Mayhem: X-Treme X-Men #1

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Veitha

This is the first chapter for my new Marvel Mayhem series, X-Treme X-Men.

I have to thank @impurestcheese for the great help both with grammar and continuity. Hope you guys'll enjoy this one :)

X-Treme X-Men Chapter 1

Tokyo, Maximum Security Prison “Fukakaina”

“Well girls, do your magic”.

Clad in a tight and green outfit, Rogue stood in the middle of a dark and small chamber, with her feet on a heap of broken glasses, pieces of rock and blood. The entire floor was covered with that red liquid and the room was a total mess. A dirty and small bed had been thrown away, and many feathers had flown away and were now lying on the floor, stuck as if entombed in tar, by the great quantity of blood that had pooled across the ground.

In front of Rogue, dressed in their school uniform, three blonde girls were analyzing the crime scene, touching walls, putting their ears near the ground as if they were able to hear it talking, or just looking at the debris.

“Girls? Stepford Cuckoos?” Rogue stated when she noticed they were completely ignoring her. “Have you got something?”

Celeste, the girl nearest to the broken bed nodded silently, then she said: “We’re working on it, Miss Anne. We’re calibrating memories and thoughts of the remaining guards of the prison…”

“… and we’re mixing them with the psionic traces left by the fugitives …” continued Irma, the second girl of the trinity.

“… so that we may be able to create a reproduction of whatever happened here” ended the sentence the remaining Cuckoo finished.

“That sounds complicated” noticed Rogue with a little smile.

“It is” they said together, with their voices perfectly synchronized. “But we’re almost finished… in a second you’ll witness the escape firsthand”

“Ah’m not gonna like that, right?”

“No, you’re not” they said before their eyes turned white and they started projecting their psionic powers across the room.

In a matter of seconds the entire room disappeared, replaced by a clean and orderly version of itself. There was now a man lying on the bed and he was smiling, like if he knew something good was going to happen to him.

“Who’s that man?” asked Rogue as she found adapting to the virtual environment easier than she would have thought possible.

“Elias Bogan” answered Celeste. “Powerful telepath, able to pierce even the minds of Charles Xavier and Emma Frost”.

“The room was telepathic-proof, so that he couldn't control anyone or hear other people’s thoughts. But someone has broken the shields at the point when the projection is taking place” said Irma.

“We’re looking at him being finally able to gain control of his powers” explained Phoebe. “He’s extending his filthy mind everywhere in the prison”.

“But who…”.

BOOM!

A wall of the room exploded. A wave of bodies, guns and flying organs invaded the room. The projection wasn't clear and Rogue wasn't sure how what she was exactly seeing, but she guessed that was the reason of the blood on the ground. After all of the bodies had fallen on the ground, revealing at least ten dead guards, Rogue was finally able to see who committed that murder.

A man in an elegant suit, with some Asiatic traits and long, dark hair, with a grin on his face, entered the room. Elias immediately turned his face towards him.

“You know who I am, Bogan?” He asked in a tone knowing that he already had figured out the answer/

“… Shinobi Shaw” answered Elias.

“Exactly. And you know what I want?” Shinobi asked.

“You want to kill the X-Men and your father” replied Bogan as he began to get up off the bed and put his feet on the ground. “And, dear Shinobi, I’m very interested in the first of your targets”.

“Oh my god” said Rogue while the illusion started to disappear as it that scene in front of her never existed. “Girls, call the rest of the team. Now!”

Over the Grand Canyon

Dani Moonstar was flying on her white and winged horse. Her dark hair was moved by the air and her shining, silver armor reflected the light of the red sun high in the sky. She had been flying for days on her steed Brightwind and hunting animals to feed herself. She could feel her Asgardian powers increasing her strength, durability and speed, and that made her feel like a Goddess.

“Miss Moonstar?” A voice asked out of nowhere.

“Oh, my God!”

A flying, spectral girl appeared in front of her, walking at hundreds of feet above the ground as if it was nothing, without her clothes or hair being even shaken by the wind.

“Oh, Irma, that’s you” she said recognizing the Cuckoo in front of her.

“I’m Phoebe” the girl replied wincing at Moonstar's mistake.

“Sorry, I just chose a random name when I saw your astral projection” said Dani smiling. “Is there an emergency?”

“Yeah, a mission. Rogue wants you to come with me. Without the flying horse of course. We’re supposed to be a secret team, flying around on that won’t help to keep up with the status quo”.

“Can I at least bring the sword?” asked Dani.

“We’d prefer the bow, but if you insist. Choosing the weapon is going to be the last of our problems”.

Limbo

“How did you get in here, Irma?” Magik asked as she sat on a throne made of bones and skulls of strange demons and not-human creatures, with her sword on her legs covered, as the rest of her body, by a costume made of black leather.

“I sneaked up on Cerebra when Miss Frost was taking her students to Seattle. And then you left a trace in case we wanted to talk to you” The transparent Cuckoo, replied as she hovered in front of Illyana.

“And do you want to talk to me?” Illyana asked with a bored expression on her face.

“Yes, we do” The Cuckoo answered as a demon with red skin and long horns started to smell her astral projection.

“Well, then give me ten minutes to kill an horde of demons outside my castle and I’ll be right there for you” Magik replied before waving her hand, the motion causing Irma’s image to disappear, banished away from the Limbo dimension she ruled.

“You stupid, little brats try to sit on my throne while I’m away and I’ll have your heads cut off, right?” She hissed at the red skinned demon, the creature nodding as a terrorized look spread across its face. Some seconds later Illyana disappeared, absorbed by a bright step disc.

Ma and Pa’s Pancake Plaza, New York City

A dark skinned, muscular woman sat along at a table full of bottles and glasses full of alcohol, sitting and watching as the two men at the table next to her argued about some woman called Rachel.

Suddenly, slowly manifesting in front of her a girl dressed in a school uniform appeared before her in the restaurant. For her credit, Frenzy didn't even jump at the sight of the astral projection.

“Frenzy, it’s Celeste and…”.

“Oh, finally. I just needed a mission. If I had to listen to 8-Ball whine about his kidnapped fiancé any longer I was going to rip his head off” said the Woman smiling directly at the blonde spectre. “Where do you need me and when do we go?”

Xavier Institute for Higher Learning

“Are you sure you want to go on with this thing, Rogue? It may be very dangerous and...”.

Rogue shook her head, “Listen, Lorna. Ah don’t want to argue about this anymore. We’ll take on Bogan and Shaw and make sure that no X-Men will get hurt”.

Polaris sighed. “They're going to find out about us. The Cuckoos are strong but we live in a house full of telepaths. One day they will let their guard down and we're going to be screwed”.

Rogue smiled. “One day is not today, sugah. And now, let’s go punch some evil mutants”.

To be continued...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@veitha: Adding you to the PM and will advertise it there. Welcome to the Mayhem (potentially - depends on what the rest of the group say)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

An extreme chapter. Looking forward to the next one.

When I saw the title, "X-Treme X-Men," I thought your story would be about the dimension-hopping X-Men. =P

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@veitha: Polaris is back, cool! Her last appearances were here

Marvel Mayhem: The Secret Defenders #1

Marvel Mayhem: The Secret Defenders #2

Marvel Mayhem: The Secret Defenders #3

Marvel mayhem: The Secret Defenders #4

Just in case you were curious. Also spelling errors, there are several. Your computer won't pick them up as they're not spelt wrong, just incorrect eg: Rouge stood in the middle (Rouge is a colour, Rogue is an X-Man), three blond girls (blonde has an E), In front or Rogue (should be of), replied Borgan (Is his name Bogan or Borgan?), Well, then give me ten minutes to kill and horde of demons (kill A horde of demons)

Good start

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: thank you :) This is taking inspiration more from Claremont's run than from the latest with Dazzler and the dimension travel.

@veitha: Polaris is back, cool! Her last appearances were here

Marvel Mayhem: The Secret Defenders #1

Marvel Mayhem: The Secret Defenders #2

Marvel Mayhem: The Secret Defenders #3

Marvel mayhem: The Secret Defenders #4

Just in case you were curious. Also spelling errors, there are several. Your computer won't pick them up as they're not spelt wrong, just incorrect eg: Rouge stood in the middle (Rouge is a colour, Rogue is an X-Man), three blond girls (blonde has an E), In front or Rogue (should be of), replied Borgan (Is his name Bogan or Borgan?), Well, then give me ten minutes to kill and horde of demons (kill A horde of demons)

Good start

thanks for the Polaris' links and for the corrections!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#6  Edited By The Impersonator
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@veitha: Sorry about missing the spelling mistakes. Have massive insomnia at the moment

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: Sorry about missing the spelling mistakes. Have massive insomnia at the moment

oh, never mind

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

Awesome chapter!!! It's great seeing Rogue back in action! Maybe we could do a crossover with Astonishing X-Men someday! Also, please check out my Astonishing X-Men stories!