TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Stark Tower, 21st March 2013

Luke Cage stepped out of the elevator and onto the roof of the Stark Tower building.

"Hey Luke. It's been awhile." Captain America said as Luke walked over to him. "How's being a father treating you?"

Luke shrugged before answering. "Well ever since we got that Osborn bull crap out of the way, it's been just great. I don't have to be cramped in with half a dozen other guys in spandex anymore."

"Bull crap? Whatever happened to the other option?"

"Yeah... Jessica and Danny have got me watching my language in front of the kid."

Cap smiled as he looked out over New York City. Luke watched him for a second and wondered why the Captain had called him up here.

"Luke. I'm not going to dilly dally with you any longer. I want you to form a new Avengers team."

"...What?"

"You showed you've got what it takes when Osborn was in command. You took control of a random group of Earth's mightiest heroes and turned them into a force for good. You helped take down Osborn. You took down the Hood, Chemistro, Madame Masque... it was pretty impressive stuff."

"I don't know Cap. I'm all up for being in a new team but... I've not really got the time for being a leader on behalf of having a personal life again."

Cap frowned making Luke feel like he'd failed not just his friend but the entire country as well.

"That's a shame Luke. I was hoping to start a new team in the West Coast. I thought you'd be ideal for the job."

"Well... there is someone I know who might take the job..."

_________

No Caption Provided

"No Luke." Iron Fist said as he punched a thug's teeth out of the man's mouth. "I'm not the leading type."

"Yeah... that's what I said Danny. Then I lead you guys against Osborn awhile back." Luke said as he leaned against an alleyway's wall. "Cap wants someone to lead an Avengers team. He'd prefer someone who isn't an all powerful god and would rather have someone like... you, me or hell even Spider-Man leading the team. Someone who spends more time fighting bank robbers then stopping Galactus from devouring the sun or something like that."

"That really doesn't change my mind Luke." Iron Fist laid a powerful kick into another thug's chest causing several of his ribs to crack before sending him hurtling into some bins. "I don't want to have to decide everything that happens for the team."

"STOP IT FREAK!" A thug screamed as he grabbed an innocent woman by the shoulder and placing a knife near her throat. "OR THE LADY GETS IT!"

"Maybe we should talk about this somewhere else." Luke said as he quickly picked a bin lid up off the floor before chucking it into the thug's head knocking him unconscious.

"th...thank you..." The woman said as she stood up off the ground.

"Don't mention it. Now then... where did you have in mind?" Iron Fist asked.

________

Iron Fist's soup kitchen

"So... what do you say?"

"I say... maybe."

"Just tell me what kind of guys you want on the team and I'll sort it out for ya." Luke said.

"I dunno. People who we can count on."

"So... NOT Deadpool then?"

"Don't even joke about that."

"Well who exactly do you want?"

"Ms Marvel?"

"She's busy with the main Avengers right now."

"Hawkeye?"

"Nobody knows where he is."

"...She-Hulk?"

"Now that's more like it!"

"Well... who else?"

"I guess Jess could be a reserve member or something. How about... Scarlet Witch?"

"Yeah I guess... Spider-Man?"

"No idea."

"Wolverine?"

"Possible."

"Very well then Mr Cage. You focus on getting a team together. I'll focus on everything else."

Both men picked up their glasses before chinking them together.

"Cheers!"

_________

Attalan, Blue side of the moon.

"Lord Hercules. Welcome." Karnak the Inhuman said as he opened the palace's doors to the demigod prince.

"Yes, yes. Let's get this over with." Hercules muttered as he walked through the doors ans into the palace throne room.

"Ah. Hercules. It's a pleasure." Medusa said as she sat next to her husband Black Bolt. "You know why you're here?"

"Yes actually. I do. Because I have displeased my father once again by slaying Hades' pet minotaur. Which is why I've been sent to these boring diplomacy meetings."

"Yes... well... as you know my husband Black Bolt is unable to speak due to his power meaning a single word could destroy this entire palace. Now we're here to discuss the possibility of an alliance between the Olympians and the Inhumans."

"You seek power which we have? You want to use us in wars you want to fight?"

"We'd rather have a powerful ally then a powerful enemy."

"Then if that is what you wish for you can start by telling me where the mead is! Space flight always leaves a massive thirst in my gut!"

"...Gorgon. Show our... "interesting" guest to the dining halls."

"Yes mistr-"

"You have been deemed... unworthy."

No Caption Provided

Hercules turned his head as he saw dozens of blue lights appear a few meters above his head. When the lights disappeared all that remained were dozens of copies of the Vision.

"Those who are unworthy are to be terminated."

"Ah ha! Wherever the prince of power goes adventure is sure to wait!"

"Commencing attack protocals. Terminate the Inhumans..."

"INHUMANS!" Medusa screamed. "ATTACK!"

Hercules pulled his mace from it's cover. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Black Bolt stand up from his throne before diving into the fray.

"All Inhumans are to be destroyed. As the Intelligencia commands it!"

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@tommythehitman Great start! but while I love the set up I will say it felt a bit rushed.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way since it's just a friendly critique but there are certain things that irked me a little.

For example I don't think Cap would ever refer to himself, Thor and Iron Man as "The Big Three" he's too humble for that, also while I'm guilty of this myself since I'm a dialogue kinda guy a bit more description could have fleshed it out just that little bit more.

I liked the fact that Luke is trying to refrain from curse words, I love each and everyone of the team members and the introduction of Inhumans is intriguing to say the least.

So just watch a couple of things hope you don't get discourage and the series gets even more awesome as we go along since it's looking good so far.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TommytheHitman

@irishlad: Thanks man. More description, Got it!

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

Really love this. I agree with IrishLad. I don't have anything else to complain about.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TommytheHitman

@themanintheshoe: Thanks man! Heh. People may start to think there's a rivalry between both our Avengers titles! Heh. Heh. "Cocks shotgun"

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

There is no rivalry only harmony. A little rushed but nothing a brief edit won't fix. A good middle to what is going to be an Avenging Trilogy of titles. P.S. Chemistro was so peeved he went to Seattle afterwards and got beaten by Blizzard. Now there is shame for you. :-)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: REMATCH! Wait if I'm the middle does that mean I'm like the JLA of our 3 titles?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: I have no idea but essentially Avengers is first, West Coast Avengers is second and Avengers Intelligence is third. And seriously hasn't Chemistro already been through enough? No not really, maybe this time he can bring the entire flash mob.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: ...Yes. Also don't we have 4 Avengers books including Avengers' Academy?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

So Avengers AI is like Justice League Dark, works fine with me!

@themanintheshoe: Thanks man! Heh. People may start to think there's a rivalry between both our Avengers titles! Heh. Heh. "Cocks shotgun"

And yes, we are rivals. *browsing eBay for missiles*

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By jatoe48er

@tommythehitman: I liked the banter between Luke and Danny. Above comments aside it was a good effort and we all don't get the "big three" right all the time. I'm interested in who gets transferred to this team. Chin up and let's have chapter 2 !!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter! Even though I do agree with the others that the chapter feels a bit rushed, it was still a great chapter to read and I can't wait to see who gets to be on the Avengers team!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Hey I don't know if you got the PM but can I use Wolverine? If not it's fine anyways.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@rabbitearsblog: Hey I don't know if you got the PM but can I use Wolverine? If not it's fine anyways.

Well, at the moment, I'm using Wolverine in the Kruun arc, so it might be awhile before he's available in other stories. Maybe after I wrap up the Kruun arc, you could use him.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

"yeah... Jessica and Danny have got me watching my language in front of the kid."

Sweet Christmas! :)

Yo took down the Hood, Chemistro, Madame Masque... all without any of the big three. Except for Bucky. If that counts."

Yo...Cap doesn't say yo...ever. Also he doesn't refer to himself as the big three, so this line I don't like. You could alter it to leave the end part of and it would work fine.

Also what's a soap kitchen? Is that where they wash hobos and the poor? Or a SOUP kitchen? :)

Not bad, though does Vision's presence mean that this is Age of Ultron? I haven't actually read Age of Ultron but I am guessing

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: No. It is not Age of Ultron. And it NEVER will be!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Buzzzz Ultron is disappointed <Whir Click>

Impurest Cheese: - Well tough Ultron we don't need you anymore. Maniac assassins, crazy frogs and mutant globs of pollution are in, homicidal misanthropic robots are out.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roninreviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Nice work. Clever efficient use of dialogue and descriptions. Intrigued to see how this plays out. 4/5.