ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Weird Sisters #6

All Characters are Owned by Marvel Comics.

For Marvel Mayhem visit theLibraryor visit theGroup’s Facebook Page

Missed Last Issue? Check it out now.

Jennifer Kale sighed as she took a sip from the coffee cup and checked the clock on the car dashboard. Her partner Colleen was late and had left her with their charge Cate, the spawn of former enemy Hecate and permanently annoying teenager. The plan had been to enter Dark Desires, a private club promising to grant you’re darkest impulses, and find the owner Black Mamba and follow up a lead found in the dorm room of kidnapped student Guillermo Flores.

“I love coffee!!” Cate screamed as she hung her head out the window. “This is boring, stake outs are boring. Can I play with Man-Thing again please!!”

“Note to self put our teenage hell goddess on decaf.” Jennifer sighed. While Cate was driving her insane she had a point Colleen should have arrived by now. “Okay we are going in, let me do the talking and don’t touch anything.”

“Whoo we get to do ninja stuff!!” Cate screeched enthusiastically,

“No no,” Colleen sighed as they got out of the car. “Cate listen Black Mamba is dangerous, if at all possible we are going to contain her then ask questions. I’m not up to a lengthy fight today.” She added before opening the door and walking in. The woman at the desk, complete with cyan hair and face piercing, stood up and stretched before walking over, her body clad in a matte black leotard.

“Do you have an appointment?” She asked.

“Can I get my nose pierced?” Cate asked. “It looks so cool.”

“Maybe later.” Jennifer stated. “We're not clients, we're looking for Mamba, tell us where she is or we’ll get physical.”

“Are you police?” The secretary asked as she eyed Cate making pathetic jabbing motions at her.

“No, we just need to know what she did for Guillermo Flores.” Jennifer answered.

“Oh him, he wasn't a customer either, Ms Sealy was quite taken with him, they were looking into disappearances in the Hispanic population.” The woman answered. “They disappeared three weeks ago. I reported Flores missing but Ms Sealy gave me strict instructions to keep her secret.”

“Wait so she was…Cate will you stop that!!” Jennifer yelled as Cate tried to pick up one of the chairs bolted to the ground.

No Caption Provided

“But then how am I going to fight the mean looking animal guys?” Cate asked as three men got out of a Toyota Hilux and started walking towards the shop-front of Dark Desires. With a smash the window caved in and they entered the property, laughing and chuckling. “Alright this business is now owned by the Hood, hand over some green or we torch the place.” A man dressed like a snake hissed. “And where’s Mamba? She owes allegiance to the new king of Miami.”

“Oh cool does he say off with your head and wave a sceptre around?” Cate giggled. “Or cook burgers. I would so make a good King or Queen of the city if I was given the chance.”

“Shut up!!” The snake man snarled before turning to the lobster like humanoid. “Mudbug watch these idiots while I look around.”

“You won’t find her.” Jennifer stated grimly. “Black Mamba isn’t here; the business is on the verge of collapsing without her. Right?” She added covertly nudging the secretary.

“Oh yes.” The blue haired woman gulped. “I’m just giving these…dancers their last paycheck and then we're closed for good.”

No Caption Provided

”Damm it Cottonmouth!” The largest of the thugs, a deformed pig like man, grunted at the snake. “You know what the Answer will do to us if we don’t return with the money.”

“I know, I know.” Cottonmouth hissed. “Wait you two, the w****s who just got paid, hand over your money or I get Boar to twist your arms off.”

“I think we should just give them the money.” Cate gulped. “I like my arms the way they are.”

“One problem.” Jennifer retorted. “We don't have any. Now get behind the desk and stay there.” She ordered. “Okay so Cottonmouth, Mudbug and Boar right? My name is Jennifer Kale, your employer may have mentioned that I helped kill Hecate last week and she was a thousand times scarier than you three put together.”

“Black Brigade told us about you.” Mudbug bubbled. “Told us you ain't so tough.”

“Then Black Brigade is a liar.” Jennifer snarled. “Also see this vial.” She added holding up a phial of squirming plant matter. “Contains the essence of the Man-Thing.”

“I ain't afraid of that thing.” Mudbug screeched as he scuttled forward and threw a punch at Jennifer only for her to duck under the blow. With a grunt of effort Jennifer flipped the villain onto his back and summoned up a set of pure silver daggers, the blades streaking from her hand and stabbing through Mudbug’s legs pinning him to the floor.

“Okay so Cottonmouth, Boar you want to try something because you won't fare any better then him.” Jennifer warned as the pair of thugs looked at each other and smiled.

No Caption Provided

“You’re dead lady.” Boar grunted as he charged forward, his target sidestepping out the way as he barrelled through the wall and skidded to a stop. Ripping a bed off the floor he flung the ad-hoc projectile across the room and into Jennifer, the metal frame knocking her to the floor and sending the vial of Man-Thing essence rolling across the floor before cracking open.

“You've done it now.” Cate stated from behind the desk. “Man Thing will pound you into the dirt you fu…”

“Cate language.” Jennifer snapped as Man-Thing former and looked sadly around the room before settling eyes on the Boar, the villain snorting and hissing ready for another charge.

“But he will, these guys are toast.” Cate whimpered.

“That’s not the point.” Jennifer snapped as Cottonmouth ran to the truck and picked up a grenade launcher. “Heroes don't joke about killing people. Ever.” She stated as she spotted the snake like villain making a bead on Man-Thing. “Behind you!!” She yelled as Cottonmouth fired, the grenade slamming into Man-Thing’s flank and burrowing into his core.

“Well that tanked, The Answer said that stuff would deal with the Man-Thing if we faced him.” Boar grunted as thick grey smoke begun to emanate from the Swamp Walker’s body.

“Wait for it.” Cottonmouth hissed. “Mr Fear’s toxins seem to be beginning to take effect.”

”Ted keep it together, don't let fear control you.” Jennifer pleaded as Man Thing looked at her before trudging away. “You've just doomed us you fool!” She snapped at Cottonmouth. “You created a walking fear bomb that when exposed to terror turns into a shambling incinerator.”

“Guess that’s out cue to leave.” Mudbug hissed as he pulled himself off the floor, his arms tearing as he got up. “Onto Phase Two.” He added as the villains sprinted over to the pickup truck and drove after Man-Thing as he wandered down the street, his trail evident from the screams and smell of burning flesh.”

“Cate come on we have to go!” Jennifer yelled as she looked over the desk to see Cate curled up in the foetal position. “Snap out of it.”

“The three headed woman from my dreams. She’s coming.” Cate whimpered.

”No she isn’t.” Jennifer stated. “Fight her, lock her away because if she gets out you and a lot of other people die.”

“I’ll try.” Cate gulped before closing her eyes and rubbing her head. “What do we do?”

“Find Colleen and stop Man-Thing before he sets the city alight.” Jennifer stated. “And before fear itself claims us all.”

Colleen collapsed onto the bed stripped off her clothes and kicked off her shoes before opening the case she had received. Removing one of the syringes she bent down and was ready to inject the contents between her toes when there was a knock on the door. Panicking she threw the case in the closet and bundled the mask, wig and bustier she had been wearing earlier that night into a duffel bag before pulling on some sweats and a tank top.

“Coming.” She yelled as the knocking on the door sounded again. With a deep breath she opened it to see a blonde woman dressed in a leather jacket, black trousers and matching tank top standing on her doorstep. “Can I help you?” She asked as the woman smiled at her.

“Yes I’m Miss Arrow from Child Support. We have reason to believe you have a teenager named Kate Williams in your custody? Can I see her?”

“Ur she’s with my partner Jennifer.” Colleen stammered.

No Caption Provided

“Oh you're a lesbian.” Arrow stated.

“Business Partner sorry.” Colleen apologised.

“Well I’m not leaving until I see her. My boss is quite adamant in investigating Kate’s case and finding her parents.” Arrow answered. “We have a lot of orphans after the Hecate fiasco.”

Colleen froze. “You know Hecate?” She asked as she reached for the baseball bat behind the door. “Friend, Enemy, Greek Mythology Buff?”

“More like someone who works for the competition.” Arrow purred as her skin peeled off to reveal a coal black humanoid figure made up of a hive of spiders, her eyes glowing amber as she pushed Colleen to the floor. “Now answer me! Where is the god-child?”

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese

You know this bit with Man-Thing is brilliant, right? I mean that. Also love Cate. Very fun character. She should meet Doombots head one day. Lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Yep. Who knew Hecate could be so much fun? Fealt Man-Thing deserved more than what he got last arc so I came up with the Fear inspiration. Expect his rival Ossuary to reappear soon as well.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Loading Video...

Can't get enough of this weirdness. Good chapter by the way. =P

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Thanks for the comment. Between Issue 4 & 5 there was my heroes for hire mini series which made this look nornal

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@the_impersonator: Thanks for the comment. Between Issue 4 & 5 there was my heroes for hire mini series which made this look nornal

You're welcome. Oh, I see. Never thought that heroes could get hired during that point. =P