Diamondback - Cold Blooded

Overrider - Poor Reception

Wraithwitch - Corruption Counter

Specter - I See Dead People

Freezer Burn - Melting

And Guest Starring...

Captain America - Freedom, Justice and the American Way

Inside Mount St Helens, Washington

Machinery exploded as armor piercing rounds slashed through the Dreadnought construction line, its targets darting from destroyed cover to destroyed cover. Ducking behind the chest piece of an unassembled Dreadnought Captain America shook his head at his out of breath teammates.

"Okay enough running!" Steve barked as he pointed at Overrider. "You're SHIELD file states that you can control machinery, so do something about that thing."

"I can't. " Overrider wheezed as a pair of mortar shells came arching over the cover, only for Steve to block the projectiles with his shield. "There is a cyber-organic node controlling the Dreadnought, and I got a taste of the driving force and it was evil." He explained as the Dreadnought ripped away their cover and slammed a massive hand down in an attempt to crush them.

No Caption Provided

Scattering 8-Ball spun around and threw a pair of 'acid balls' at the robots chest, the fast acting corrosive chewing through part of the hull to reveal a tank filled with dark green gel. And floating inside the gel was what had been a man, his body ripped in two, as cables stabbed into his spinal cord all the way up to the reddened flesh of his head.

"So America you have come to finish your glorious leaders work." The figure in the Dreadnought groaned as the machine fired a burst of automatic fire at Steve, its target evading every single projectile. "It is fitting that they would send you."

"What are you talking about Skull!" Steve yelled up at him. "I have been hunting the Section Heads of HYDRA ever since Fury slipped me Intel regarding a thwarted attack on the UN by the faction led by Viper." He added as a crane swung around, its lifting arm swinging towards the Dreadnought, only for the robot to rip the vehicle in two.

"Then I pity you, for as we speak the country you love so much becomes the very thing you fought so hard to destroy.” The Red Skull hissed as Steve's shield blew towards him, only for it to bounce off the energy field the Dreadnought threw up around its core. "And the saddest thing is that you are too blind to see it." He announced cruelly as the energy field radiated outwards, draining power from the base's surrounding systems.

"Okay so this is the point where we leave right?" Overrider asked 8-Ball as the pair of villains hid behind a stack of armored leg plates.

"No I can't risk him dying." 8-Ball whispered. "Now get me a secure line back to base, we're about to take Diamond One out for a test flight. "

Hagees-Rennsalaer Propulsion Dynamics, Brooklyn

Jaime nodded as she listened to the NASA representative comment on how the 'Diamond' series of rockets would allow the USA to, once again, reach for the stars. Rolling her eyes in their sockets, she looked around the room, and focused on what appeared to be a member of the catering staff.

"Wendy its Jaime." She whispered over the pair’s radio link earrings. "Caterer, back of the room something is wrong about her." She stated. "Are you picking the same readings up?"

No Caption Provided

"Different ones." Wraithwitch answered as she tapped Frank on the shoulder and handed him an earpiece. "There is some kind of corruption spreading outwards from her, but one that does not come from her."

"What kind of corruption?” Frank asked as Jaime headed towards the waitress, who was feeling something under the arm of her dress.

"Excuse me miss but are you okay?" Jaime asked as she led the woman away, towards the security office.

"I am not feeling well.”The woman admitted in a Russian accent. "But I will finish work and then see a doctor." She added as she went to pick up a tray of champagne flutes, the movement causing Jaime to catch a glimpse of what the woman had been scratching.

"Wendy, how many people did she touch?" Jaime asked as she clumsily knocked the tray out of the waitress’s hand. "Oops clumsy me." She stated as the waitress reached down to retrieve her tray, the majority of the guests watching her embarrassment with mild amusement.

"Around sixty." Wraithwitch confirmed as the waitress coughed onto the floor.

"Please Miss you must come with me now!" Jaime ordered as the waitress coughed again, specks of black blood splattering onto the floor.

"I'm...I can't loose..." The waitress coughed as the room fell so silent that you could here a pin drop. "Was okay when..." Before she could finish the woman went into convulsions as blood leaked out of her ears, eyes and nose as well as the sores under her arms before collapsing onto the floor.

Jaime closed her eyes and counted to five before the running and the screaming engulfed the entire warehouse.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Straight-Fire
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@dboyrules2011: Good to know. Seems like the Red Skull knows who a certain Tyrant is

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: Good story, both parts equal in length and action.

And I'd fight both? Nothing a hazmat Iron-Man suit can't fix

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Is it enough to deal with the Psionic threat of The Black Death?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6