Marvel Mayhem: Villain's Tale Valentines Special

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Villain's Tale Valentines Special - Eight Balls and Diamond Rings

This is for all those readers who are dateless on St Valentines. And for those on dates I salute you.

All characters are owned by Marvel Comics

For Marvel Mayhem visit theLibraryor visit theGroup’s Facebook Page

he part of the story set in the present occurs between Issue #4 of Villain's Tale and Issue #6 of BatKevin74's New York's Finest

One Police Plaza, New York City - Present Day

Jeff hung his head as he sat in the cell of Police Plaza’s holding block, his eyes boring into the dirt as his cell mate shifted in the corner. He’d been here before but they had all been when he deserved it, this time he felt cheated, arrested for saving lives although there had been only one he cared about.

“Oh Rachel where are you?” He sighed as the man in the corner shifted out of the shadow to reveal a man dressed in holey jeans and an Atticus concert shirt. “Jeff? That you?” Jeff looked up and tilted his head, he recognised the man as a busker he'd saved twice and one who had been the herald for all the bad things that had happened recently. “Jeff its JP I haven’t seen you since that night you and your girlfriend went to that Pancake place. I heard, sorry about that.”

No Caption Provided

“Thanks.” Jeff sighed.

“Shame she was taken from you.” JP told him. “Listen when I lost my Ann you know what I did?” Jeff shook his head. “I went for a drive, took in some theatre, did some drugs and hung out with the guys. Made me feel a bit better I'll admit.”

“I just miss Rachel so much.” Jeff sighed. “I remember the day I popped the question, it was one of those warm October afternoons and we were just going off to work. We had an important job, one with high risk and very high reward.”

11th October 2012, Diamond District, New York

“Eyes on the jewel depository.” Diamondback whispered as she sat at the café over the road dressed in a sundress and five inch heels, a pair of aviators over her eyes which transmitted the visuals back to the Jeep Wrangler parked down the street, its bonnet reinforced with an armoured ram in the bull bars. “I wonder how far those idiots will get before they trip the alarm.”

No Caption Provided

“Not even to the front gate.” 8-Ball answered as he eyed his helmet on the Jeep’s front passenger seat. “Any idea which of the vehicles is the getaway car?”

“The Mitsubishi L 200 I think.” Diamondback answered. “I wish we could take all of it.”

“You know the deal our employer only wants the Black Eight diamond. Besides if we pull this off its ten million each.” 8-Ball told her as he removed a cue ball from his belt and popped the top to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. “Okay feed from the vault cameras just got looped, that means they are at the security terminal. Tag the vehicle and get back here.”

“On it.” Diamondback whispered before getting up from the table and picking up the Tiffany’s bag her gear was stashed in. Walking up to the L 200 she stumbled and fell in front of the car, the bag toppling with her and spilling a set of diamond tipped caltrops over the space around the front tyres.

“Hey b!+[h watch where you’re walking.” The wheelman, a man dressed in motorcycle leathers and a helmet yelled as Diamondback got to her feet and staggered off. “Bloody broad better not have damaged my paint work.” He snorted before checking his watch. Returning to the car Diamondback slid in the passenger seat before getting a passionate kiss on the lips from 8-Ball. Smiling she kicked off her shoes and slid a purple cat-suit up her legs before removing the dress and throwing it on the back seat.

“When he hit them, we go in hard and fast. Spiderman and all those other heroes have a really quick response time after that hammer incident a few months back.” 8-Ball told her. “Heads up there goes the alarms.” He stated as the whole street rang out with the sound of screaming sirens. Seconds later four costumed criminals bolted out the door with sacks slung across their back before jumping in the Mitsubishi roared to life and shot off down the road before skidding into a taxi travelling the other way and terminating into a fire hydrant. Starting his own car’s engine 8-Ball rammed the Jeep into the thieves’ car, the force sending it rolling over onto its side.

“Thank god for seatbelts.” Diamondback gasped as she cut through the belt and kicked the door open, 8-Ball doing the same on the opposite side of the Jeep. “Any idea which bag?” She asked as he got out a pool triangle from the seat well and ran it across the length of the vehicle, the LCD screen held within the space showing the x-rays of the car, its occupants and their possessions. “Back seat, right side.” 8-Ball answered before giving Diamondback a boost onto the top of the car.

Flashing him a smile Diamondback unclipped a diamond edged blade and cut through the rear door hinge before heaving it off the vehicle just as the occupants recovered. “Oopsy.” Diamondback purred before reaching in and grabbing all three sacks from the back seat before hand-springing onto the road. “Oh dead god run!” She yelled as the Mitsubishi was ripped open by a sonic blast and four armoured figures emerged followed by the wheelman armed with a tyre iron. With a gulp 8-Ball turned and fled, the original thieves chasing after him firing blasts of sonic energy and laser bolts at him.

“Are they still behind us?” Diamondback yelled as he caught up with her. 8-Ball turned and saw that only four of the thieves were still pursuing. “Yes.” He replied as a spinning projectiles slammed into him from the side before exploding outwards to form a cage of laser around both him and Diamondback.

“Good job Seekers.” The figure in green armour stated. “Looks like these thieves tried to steal out bounty. Imagine the Scientist Supreme’s face if he didn't get this shipment of diamonds.”

“Sonic shut up they may be spies.” One of the Seekers in blue armour armed with a glowing length of chain whined.

The Seekers (l to r) Chain, Sonic, Grasp
The Seekers (l to r) Chain, Sonic, Grasp

“Chain’s right.” The other blue seeker stated. “We should terminate them now.”

“Wait murder?” The wheelman gasped. “But that’s Diamondback and 8-Ball. They have a blog and everything we can't just kill them.”

“Shut up Overdrive.” The four members of the Seekers snapped before the one in yellow walked up to the wall of the cage and reached in and removed the sacks from Diamondback’s grasp. “Any last words?” He asked as he removed another set of discs from his armoured belt.

“Yes.” 8-Ball answered. “When we met we were enemies, you a thief and me a handsome adventurer,” He told Rachel, a slight snicker leaving her lips, “You are still a thief, but the biggest heist you pulled off was the theft of my heart. Rachel Leighton,” he said before dropping down to one knee and pulling out the cue ball from his ball bandolier, “will you marry me.” Diamondback looked stunned before crying and throwing herself at him in a massive hug.

“Of course I will stupid.” She squeaked in joy.

“Oh we can't kill em now.” Overdrive cried, tears of happiness fogging up his helmet.

“Like hell we can.” Sonic hissed. “Laserworks fry them.”

One Police Plaza, New York City - Present Day

“Wait what happened then?” JP asked.

“Not important really, the point is that day I knew I would be with my best friend forever and now she’s gone.”

“Yeah sucks about that whole hetaira thing.” JP stated causing Jeff to spin round and glare at him. “Oops,” he said his voice raising an octave. “Ain't I a stinker?!”

No Caption Provided

“You, you're dead.” Jeff gasped as JP continued to cackled, “JP of course your initials.” He sighed. “Guard!! Guard I need help!!” He yelled as hob nailed boots sounded from the corridor and an officer with a badge reading P. Oca walked in holding a length of rope. “Guard this man is a super criminal.” Jeff stated only to see the officer throw a playing card displaying his costumed persona 8-Ball and the eight of clubs, a comedic ‘dead’ face drawn on the top.

“Aren't we all lover boy?” Oca told him before handing JP the rope. “Aren't we all?”

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: "I heard sorry about that" needs a comma. Nice work. Now we need to find out who P. Oca and JP really are

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Okay cool. Information coming soon on both P. Oca and JP

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Read it before, but its worth a reread. You write romance really well.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Thanks. I think I'm a romantic but men who knows

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3