Marvel Mayhem: Thunderbolts #23

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Thunderbolts #23 – Home Invasion (Part 4)

All characters are owned by Marvel Comics

For Marvel Mayhem visit theLibraryor visit theGroup’s Facebook Page

Last Issue the Masters of Evil had their ranks infiltrated by a range of super human agents. While they continue their search for the Kree Energy Crystal such individuals as Shroud, Arke, Ghost and the infamous Smuggler work to undermine the Master’s control and reach the Thunderbolts. With the Masters closing in on their bounty and the deadliest foe the Thunderbolts have ever faced time is not on out heroes side.

Gypsy Moth grimaced as she caught a glimpse of Unicorn’s face as he talked to his helmet. Bored straight into his skull was a socket lined with red circuits and orange wires, all of them pulsing as the light on the helmet flickered on and off as Unicorn spoke to it.

No Caption Provided

“What’s that Spot? The hot mutant is looking at you.” Unicorn stated. “Well sure I’ll ask but she might say no. What?! If she says no eat her. Well okay but I don't think she'll be as easy as that Russian girl; something Kraven. Hey Gypsy Moth Spot wants to know…get down!” He yelled before firing a blast of energy at the floor, the beam ripping open an eight meter gash in the flooring.

“Have you lost whatever you had left of your mind Unicorn?!” Gypsy Moth yelled.

“Spot saw him, a dark and scary man hiding in the shadows.” Unicorn answered as a pair of glowing red eyes retreated into the darkness.

“Smuggler here?” Gypsy Moth gasped. “I got Abe and Melissa’s email but I couldn't believe…Unicorn listen to me we are in danger, the whole mission is in peril. We are meant to keep the Thunderbolts alive on Moonstone’s orders in any way possible right. Well we have to release the hostages before Smuggler kills them; with their powers added to ours we can keep him at bay.”

“Spot says that’s a bad idea.” Unicorn moaned. “That the Thunderbolts always hurt us and throw us in jail. Spot doesn't like prison food, it tastes too bland.”

“Don't worry about that, maybe I can convince them to let us go or give us amnesty.” Gypsy Moth stated as she looked around at all the shadows in the room, unaware of her own second shadow. “It’s your choice, bad food or never eating again.”

“Hmm, what do you think Spot?” Unicorn asked. “Well if we put it that way…we'll help you as long as nobody punches us in the face.” He stated. “Oh and stand still Spot says you have parasites.”

No Caption Provided

“What?!” Gypsy Moth coughed as Unicorn blasted a beam of energy into her shadow, the dark force construct slithering away. “Come on we have to go, hopefully we can reach the labyrinth before him.” She stated as Smuggler tailed the pair of villains. “I should have done this as soon as we got here; it’s time for us to become heroes.”

“How much further Shocker?” Shroud asked as the padded villain reached a reinforced wooden door.

“Not far; the T-Bolts are inside.” Shocker stated as he typed a code into the panel next to the frame, the wooden door rotting back to allow the travellers inside. “Huh so retro, okay the Thunderbolts are all in the Hydrological Station down there.” He stated pointing to the dome under the lake of sparkling water. “Go teleport down there like you do on the news.”

”That’s Cloak.” Shroud sighed. “Jennifer stay here while I go down and check out the area.” He ordered before diving under the surface and drifting down to the bottom of the pool.

“Has the money arrived in your account?” Jennifer asked Shocker.

“Just cleared.” Shocker answered.

“Then the Jury thanks you for obtaining the xenomorphic tissue known as Arke.” Jennifer stated. “And wish you all the best with your future endeavours.” She continued as a grate in the side of the pool opened and four sharks swam into the area. “Whatever they are.” She added as she stalked away.

“We're going out tonight,” Firefly hummed as he landed on the roof of the Living Fortress and burned a hole inside, “To kick out every light.” He continued as he ignited a vine supplying power to the command centre. “Take anything we want,” He added as he sent a wave of flame down the stairwell. “Drink anything in sight,” he commented as he fired a pair of firebombs into the control centre before walking in. “We’re going till the world stops turning.” He mused as he entered the centre of the room. “While we burn it to the ground…ulp.” He stopped as the command chair swivelled around to reveal a man dressed in purple, a sword resting on his lap.

“Indeed, Songbird seal us in.” The man ordered. “Now Firefly do you know who I am?”

No Caption Provided

“You’re…you’re Baron Zemo.” Firefly gulped. “What happened to the Abomination Simuloid?”

“You’ll see.” Zemo replied as he looked over to the cocoon mounted on the wall as a sonic barricade cut off all escape. “Now tell me who Moonstone is working for.”

“She…she always said it was you.” Firefly stammered.

“Hmm Songbird what do you think?”

“He’s lying.” Songbird hissed, “His voice spiked, it would have fooled most people but my powers allow me to detect the tone of your voice. That tells me you're lying.”

“Moonstone is a partner to Arnan Korral.” Firefly hissed. “But…that guy is…isn’t human.”

“He’s telling the truth.” Songbird stated as the gaunt emaciated figure of the Ghost drifted in. “Or what he’s been told is the truth.”

“Ah Ghost just in time.” Zemo said as he got up from the chair. “How was your stint as Titanium Man?”

“Interesting, very interesting.” Ghost answered. “I received the cybernetic core of Strikeback as you requested. Now what else do I have to do for you to get my fee?”

No Caption Provided

“Nothing my friend.” Zemo announced. “As promised you will have access to every scrap of information in the world when my plans come to fruition.”

“What about him?” Songbird asked as she jabbed a sonic finger at the cocoon hanging from the wall. “We can't really leave Solstice here, especially not with Blackheath retakes control of the Living Fortress.”

“Don’t worry about Solstice Melissa. Blackheath won't warn the others, not when he learns of the purpose his granddaughter will play in the restoration of the Green.”

”And Firefly?” Songbird asked as she rested her hands on either side of his head.

”You know what to do.” Zemo replied as the ground opened up beside him; "when you're finished meet me back at base. We have much work to do for our friend Abner.”

Gladiatrix tensed up as footsteps sounded from down the hall and Unicorn and Gypsy Moth came skidding towards her.

“Where’s the fire?” She asked as they came to a halt in front of her.

“We have a Code Red situation.” Gypsy Moth wheezed. “Somebody plans to kill the Thunderbolts while they are in stasis. We need to let them out ASAP.”

“I don’t know.” Gladiatrix sighed. “Zaran ordered to keep them contained at all costs.”

“And Moonstone said the same thing about keeping them alive.” Gypsy Moth retorted. “And she outranks Zaran!”

“Ow ow ow ow.” Unicorn yammered, hands clamped around head as the pain spiked through his head. “Spot wants quiet, please just let them out.”

“I’m sorry I can’t.” Gladiatrix snorted as she raised her axe into a combat ready position.

“Then we’ll rip through you.” Unicorn growled in a voice so very different from his own. Raising his head the third eye was already charged and lanced out towards the Gladiatrix only to be absorbed by the Ultimate Nullifier mounted in her axe.

“Don't do this.” Gladiatrix warned them Gypsy Moth tensed her up, strands of gossamer silk already flowing over her hands to create recurved blades. “Please don't” She added as Gypsy Moth shook her head. “Fine!!” She roared before swinging her axe, a crescent shaped wave of energy spreading out. Reacting quickly Gypsy Moth flew over the blast and slashed at Gladiatrix, her blades meeting with the shaft of the axe only to be repelled back.

“Orders are Orders.” Gladiatrix snarled as she got ready to execute Gypsy Moth only to leave her guard open to a clumsy tackle from Unicorn, the pair colliding and slamming into the ground. With a screech Gladiatrix recovered first and grabbed Unicorn by the third eye and slammed him into the wall.

“Ow Spot doesn't like that one bit.” Unicorn grumbled. “Neither will you.” He added as his third eye lit up and shot an energy beam out, the blast burning a gash across his assailant's face resulting in Gladiatrix throwing him back into Gypsy Moth as she tried to pick up the dropped axe.

”Enough!! Zaran and Moonstone will be pleased when I tell them I've caught a pair of traitors.”

No Caption Provided

”You promised Spot that there would be no face punching.” Unicorn spat. “Oh look it’s that creepy man again.” He added as Smuggler leapt from the shadows and landed next to a control panel. “He tastes horrible.” He added with a coy smile.

”Gladiatrix behind you!!” Gypsy Moth yelled as Smuggler ran his hand along the control panel.

“Nice try.” Gladiatrix hissed. “Hello control, what Gauntlet and Stegron found it. Yes I understand exfil in ten minutes. I’ll be there once I've executed Gladiatrix and Unicorn for trying to free the Thunderbolts.” She stopped and smiled at Gypsy Moth as she staggered to her feet. “Moonstone hopes you both suffer.”

“The only executions will be at my hands.” Smuggler stated causing Gladiatrix to spin around. “I was incarcerated here and learnt a few tricks.” He added as he removed a spike of solid dark-force energy before stabbing it into the console, dark energy spreading inside the cell and engulfing the comatose victim inside. Seconds later Strikeback’s body fell out of the cell, her skin glowing black, and fell into a shadow on the floor.

“You…you murdered her.” Gypsy Moth gasped as Gladiatrix eyed her and Unicorn, then Smuggler before running for the exit.

“Not really I transmutated her physical form into dark matter allowing her to be lost in the dark force dimension for ever. Now to destroy the others.” He added as he walked over to Orka’s cell, a second dark-force spike in his hand only to see a beam of energy streak across the room and cut through his entire arm.

“Spot says stop.” Unicorn gurgled. “So stop NOW!!!” He roared in a voice that caused Smuggler to shudder backwards.

“Never.” Smuggler hissed. “Take them, their lives won't be much longer either way, not with me in the shadows besides I have a new target in my sight.” He added before merging with the darkness. Not wasting any time Gypsy Moth ripped open the control panel and watched as the Thunderbolts stumbled out of their cells.

”What’s going on?” Victoria asked. “I thought…oh no the Masters of Evil.” She said pointing at Unicorn.

“We were but consider us defected.” Gypsy Moth replied. “And we just saw Conrad, what the hell happened to him?”

“Smuggler here?” Chen groaned. “Wait where is Strikeback?”

“He took her.” Gypsy Moth sighed. “If it wasn't for Unicorn he would have taken you as well. But you have a bigger problem; what remains of the Masters of Evil has found the data crystal from Tehran.”

“If only Blackheath was here.” Orka sighed. “We could be there in seconds to stop them.”

“Wish granted!!” The floor of the Fortress replied as Blackheath sprouted from the ground. “The Masters ranks are seriously depleted but we have an ally in trouble.”

“Then we will aid them.” Chen answered. “For Melissa, for Donnie and for Abe it’s time we took down the Masters of Evil once and for all.”

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Who is this... Unicorn you speak of? I feel like I've heard of him before!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Don't make me come out of your TV screen and haunt you. He's the person you killed without my permission.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: I'm Celtic we carry grudges...forever. Nah just kidding...we don't joke about anything

or do we? No seriously your fine
or do we? No seriously your fine

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TommytheHitman
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Ah seriously we're fine. I'm more likely to poison you anyway :-)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

Nice

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers