Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Continued from: Part 4, Part 5, Part 6 and Part 7

No Caption Provided

Detective Oswald Clemons stood peering into the Reynolds’ apartment from Mrs Greenwater’s balcony as he waited for the judge on the other end of the line. “Thank you, your honour.” He sat down at the table and resumed drinking his tea “Shouldn’t be too long.”

“Oh good,” she replied but not really understanding what he was talking about. They sat silently for a few moments before she broke the silence. “So are there many of you as police officers?”

Ozzy smiled “No, just me ma’am.”

Mrs Greenwater didn’t get his wit and placed another cube of sugar into her cup “Do you know anyone from the lotteries?”

“No ma’am. I’m just a regular New York City detective.”

“And the Reynolds’, they’re in trouble?”

“I hope not,” Ozzy replied “But that’s what I’m here to find out. When was the last time you actually SAW either of them?”

Mrs Greenwater rubbed the old and aged skin on the back of her hand as she thought “I don’t remember.”

“But you hear them?”

“Oh I hear HIM all the time!” she replied “Yelling insults, breaking things, a right ruckus!”

Sentry grabbed Tokkots by the scruff of the neck and hurtled towards the sun. The heat made the Dark God’s skin sweat like he was in a sauna, Bob barely felt it. Tokkots squirmed like a cat but Sentry held him firm as the plunged into the sun. The pair crashed into the largest nuclear furnace in the solar system, hydrogen and helium exploding around them. Tokkots screamed, his voice carrying over the cacophony. Sentry grabbed the god by the throat.

“You will either stay here or you will return to wherever you came from,” Bob said calmly. “Because the Earth is mine.”

He shoved Tokkots deep into the core and flew out of the sun. His thoughts returned to Lindy…

Detective Clemons stood with the building supervisor out the front of the Reynolds’s apartment.

“So you’ve never seen them?” Ozzy said as he made notes. “And you’ve worked here?”

“Eight years,” replied the little Puerto Rican man with equally greying and balding hair.

“Doesn’t that strike you as a bit odd?” Ozzy asked. The man simply shrugged as he sorted through a large hoop of keys. “People in your building haven’t had a light out or a blocked toilet, nothing. For nearly a decade.”

“They keep to themselves I guess,” he said apathetically. He produced a key when Ozzy motioned for it.

“Steinberg Locksmiths,” said Ozzy as he examined the key that was older than all the other keys in terms of cut and colour. “See that stamp?”

The super shrugged “Yeah, what of it.”

“This key was made in 1940.” Ozzy noted it down in his book. A clatter of feet came up the stairs as two uniformed officers delivered the warrant. Ozzy lifted his hat brim to scratch his hair. “Just you two? I’m about to enter the residence of possibly the strongest person alive and I get two uniforms.”

“Sir?”

Ozzy waved his hand “Just stay back and get ready to call Code Blue, the Avengers, hell even the Power Pack.” He pushed the key into the lock. It turned. He pushed the door but it didn’t budge. The two uniforms, quick on the uptake, moved to the door and as one they pushed the door open.

Behind the door was a pile of letters, magazines and cards. It would’ve been comically if it wasn’t so sad. Ozzy shook his head in disbelief as the clutter. It was like there was eighty years worth of mail filling up the entry hall. The walls were dank and damp, a fine coat of mould growing up them.

“Hello?” Ozzy called into the apartment. An odd hissing sound could be faintly heard. He noticed a picture on the wall of a couple on their wedding day. It was Sentry. What was baffling was the date in the far right corner: 1933. Ozzy instinctively drew his gun and proceeded in carefully over the river of old mail. The further he got in the more powerful the smell. It was the smell of death.

“I should warn you,” said Emmerick as he appeared beside Bob as he flew back to Earth “That you’re in for a nasty surprise.”

Sentry lashed out and grabbed Emmerick but suddenly found himself in the reverse position, Emmerick holding him!

“Did you want to listen this time?” asked Emmerick giving him a shake.

Sentry broke the hold and backhanded him away. Emmerick spiralled off and smashed into a crater on the moon sending dust and rocks off into space. Bob hovered above and started to dive in to finish him when he paused. He cocked his head to the side, as if listening.

“Lindy!” he gasped and shot off back to Earth a cracking pace.

No Caption Provided

“Fine, we do it the hard way,” groaned Emmerick as he got up and dusted himself off.

Ozzy entered the living room to see an old television set playing static. Sitting comfortably in an arm chair was the skeleton of presumably Lindy Reynolds. Mushrooms, mould and dust caked the floor, the walls seemingly alive with fungus. Ozzy took his hat off.

“Well isn’t this disturbing,” he said to himself. “Better call the CSI teams in and honestly get us some back up. Because if Mr Reynolds comes home and finds us here, I have a feeling…”

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?!?” yelled Sentry as he came in through the balcony window.

Ozzy pointed his gun at Sentry and reached for his badge “Take it easy now…Bob. Nice and slow. My name is Detective Clemons of the NYPD. I just have a couple of questions regarding the death of your wife Lindy Reynolds.”

To be continued....

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: No Bones about it, Sentry is in trouble and Oz is in even bigger trouble

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74
Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Delphic
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: Glad you liked it, let's see what you've got :)

@sophia89: Ozzy is way out of his league but he's in the right. Sentry has some 'splaining to do

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: @sophia89: you have to bug @delphic for the next chapter as he wanted it back so I wrapped my bit up and kicked it back to him

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@sophia89: I do not know when I will get back to this. Eventually I will, but for the time being my attention has been drawn elsewhere.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: People are waiting with baited breath for the next chapter mi amigo aka @sophia89

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By batkevin74

@delphic: Woops didn't see your previous comment, sorry. Go about your business...move along