Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Marvel Mayhem: The Sentry 1

Marvel Mayhem: The Sentry 2

Marvel Mayhem: The Sentry #3

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-the-sentry-4-1606383/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-the-sentry-s2-5-1608545/#16

Detective Ozzy Clemons drove slowly through New York as he headed to the address of Lindy Reynolds. It was an apartment on Crosby Street in Little Italy, not far from One Police Plaza and at the rate the traffic was moving it would’ve been quicker to walk. He contemplated hitting the siren but all that would do, would be to cause an even bigger traffic jam. Ozzy turned on the radio.

“…other thing WHEN, I mean WHEN are they going to rebuild the George Washington Bridge huh?”

Ozzy shook his head as the distinct tone of Chucky Diamond filled the squad car. “Someone’s been messing with my stations.”

“I know Rome wasn’t built in a day but C’MON!” said the firebrand talk show host “If these SUPER heroes, and I use both words lightly, were actually either, they could finish it TODAY! But NOOOOOO! Just like the steaming cesspool that is Seattle, which wasn’t all that great to begi…”

“Oh shut up!” Ozzy snapped at the radio as he snapped it off. He was about to rant when he caught a glimpse of something, a dot in the sky above the city and possibly the cause of the traffic congestion since everyone was rubbernecking to see it.

Bob looked up at Lindy. Her gaze never left the television. He patted her leg partly for attention and partly for reassurance.

MORON!

Bob shot to his feet, hands grabbing his golden hair trying to shake the voice form his mind. “SHUT UP!”

WEAK!

“I swear I’ll…” Bob stopped as he saw a speck in the sky out the window. “What is that?”

“It’s just a distraction,” said Emmerick as his image appeared on the television. “It’s a pointless hero fight to keep you from…well you know.”

Bob shot across the room and picked up the TV but the image faded away back to the static. He placed the TV back on the ground.

“I’m sorry Lindy,” Bob said as he adjusted the rabbit ear antennas on top of the TV “I didn’t mean to touch the TV.”

Lindy sat motionless, emotionless, staring ahead at the static as she completely ignored him.

“I better go check that out,” said Bob pointing to the speck which was now a dot. “Wish me luck.”

Lindy continued to stare into oblivion.

“Tokkots has breached the void of time and space; to rightly take up his unholy place!” rhymed Tokkots as he plummeted towards Earth. “To bring fire and pain and death to all, whence Tokkots the Dark God completes his fall!”

No Caption Provided

The mahogany winged god fell closer and closer when it spotted a yellowy blue streak coming up towards it. Tokkots unfurled his long broomstick like fingers as the ignited with fire.

“Tokkots falls to rend and tear, as someone comes up to meet me here?”

Bob flew a quick circle around Tokkots and then flew alongside him “Hi! My name is Sentry. Welcome to Earth. Can I help you?”

No Caption Provided

“Hello?” Detective Clemons rapped on the door of Lindy Reynolds which was something from the 50’s. He paused from a second knocking as he noticed the dust in the slight gap under the door. Clemons walked down the hall and knocked on the apartment next door. There were sounds of shuffling and scraping and within five minutes the door clicked open. A pair of old eyes peered around the door edge as the faded gold chain kept them apart.

“Yes?” croaked a woman’s voice.

“I beg your pardon ma’am,” said Ozzy as he removed his hat “I’m from…the lottery commission.”

“Did I win?”

“Yes ma’am,” said Ozzy “You won a random…fifty dollar cash prize that I’m here to deliver in person.”

The door closed and the sounds of unlocking occurred and the door opened fully. A woman in her twilight years stood there resting heavily on a cane. “Oh!” she exclaimed.

“Ma’am?”

“You’re black.”

“All my life ma’am,” replied Ozzy with a smile. “May I come in? Or would you prefer…”

The old woman thought about the statement before beckoning him inside, “Quickly before the neighbours see you. Can’t have them knowing I’ve won the lottery.”

“You will be the first my friend,” rhymed Tokkots as he fired two handfuls of hellish fire at Sentry. “To come unto a grisly end!” The orangey flame washed over him like he was being attacked by a hose full of bubbles.

Bob shook his head “I was hoping to resolve this without violence, but I will happily oblige as I’ve had a really, really strange day.”

Sentry backhanded Tokkots sending him hurtling towards space, the sonic boom rattling the buildings below.

Ozzy looked at the plates on the old woman’s wall as the shook gently from some kind of explosion or possible earthquake or another UFO that SHIELD denies ever happened. The place was like a time capsule from Ozzy’s childhood when he’d visit his grandma in Alabama.

“How long have you lived here Mrs…?” he asked as he took out his notebook.

“Greenwater. Doreen Greenwater.” She appeared from the kitchen with a tray laden with tea and biscuits. “Since nineteen forty nine Mr…what was your name again?”

“Ozzy ma’am, please call me Ozzy.”

“It’s so nice to see people of colour working for the lottery,” she said as she placed the tray on the table. Ozzy wanted to be angry at her casual racism but she was in her eighties and it would do neither of them any good. Besides he was lying to her to get information so he took it in his stride.

“How do you take your tea?”

Ozzy smiled. “Black ma’am.”

“Just like me,” said Doreen as she shakily poured two cups. He wanted to help but Ozzy just watched her do it guessing it was the first time in a long time she’d had company.

“Yes ma’am,” said Ozzy.

“You will die where you stand!” yelled Tokkots in the thinning atmosphere “I shall spray your guts across the land!”

Bob barely listened as he flew up and slammed two fists into Tokkots midsection sending him into space. Bob took a breath and flew after him, easily catching him and raining a dozen more blows into him as they headed past the moon.

Tokkots foolishly tried to speak in the vacuum only to receive a twofold surprise of one, no sound and two, a fist in his mouth that shattered all his ivory teeth. If there were any oxygen nearby to transmit sound, it would’ve sounded like a dropped chandelier.

“And the people next door?” said Ozzy as he walked towards the balcony, moving the conversation away from Mrs Greenwater’s late, and seemingly perfect, husband.

“The Reynolds’s?”

“Yes, Lindy and…”

“Robert!” Mrs Greenwater said with a tone in her voice “Lousy drunk, no good so and so.”

“Do you see them often?”

Mrs Greenwater stopped mid sip of her tea which made Detective Clemon’s turn around.

To be continued...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I'll excise the typo as you're kayaking; which isn't a pallendrome unlike kayak which is. Along with rise to vote sir and Glenelg :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Okay you grammer galah. Looks like the force of a thousand exploding suns is about to meet the long arm of the law

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Hopefully in a most unexpected and interesting way

@sophia89: Thanks, and don't feel sorry for Tokkots as he's a right royal bastard!

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@batkevin74: You and I have worked together for a long time, and in a way I see the way you are going with the Sentry as I did with Corrupted. Seriously, in just two chapters, you have already, in my opinion, done better with Reynolds than I have. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to where you keep going. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@delphic: That's a massive complement, thank you! I will endeavour to keep up the high standard set by yourself

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers