Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Delphic

Two Weeks after “The Golden Man Incident”

As Dallas sifted through file after file, the more frustrated she became, and that frustration caused her wounds to throb more. Her right arm was in a sling, broken in two places. She had three cracked ribs, her left ankle had been twisted, and her head felt like it was still recovering from the concussion she had sustained when Aleksei had rammed into the patrol car.

Aleksei, the Rhino, she had to admit though she was faring far better than that poor bastard. Aleksei Sytsevich, the Rhino, a monster of a man, who admittedly was more brawn than brains, but against that beast’s muscle a persons brain would normally be squashed. Though she had only seen the aftermath, she could have never believed that such a being could have been thrashed so badly.

Aleksei was currently on Ryker’s Island in an intensive care ward, eating through tubes. Nearly every bone in the man’s body had been either broken or crushed entirely. He had suffered a punctured lung, a ruptured spleen, the fracture on his skull made Dallas’s look like she had just bumped her head. There were several spots of internal hemorrhaging, and Dallas could only surmise that the only way the man was alive was from being too stubborn, or stupid, to die. Then the coup de grace, that man...that man had lifted the rhino above him like he was a toy, and brought him down on his knee and broke the rhino’s back. Aleksei Sytsevich, the Rhino, would never walk, let alone charge anyone, ever again.

It had all been because of that man...the golden man: Robert Reynolds. It had to be him, it couldn’t have been anyone else. There was no way anyone could have made it there that fast, and not to mention Reynolds was nowhere to be found afterwards. He hadn’t been in the car, and there had been no sign of him in the city for the past two weeks. Though most people thought Dallas had imagined the whole thing. All of New York had seen the Golden Man toss the Rhino around like an unwanted rag, but to the NYPD there was no way in hell that a scrawny junkie from one of the poorest districts in Manhattan could ever be the same man.

Dallas had attempted to dig into Reynolds past, hoping to find something to link him to the mysterious Golden Man, but all she could find in their records were several arrests for public intoxication, a short stint in prison for possession of controlled substance, and then he had been released early due to “good behavior”. The latest thing that she had found on the man had been that he was currently going through a divorce with his wife: Lindy Reynolds. Dallas had decided that sometime later she would attempt to contact the former Mrs. Reynolds for any possible information, but other than that there were no leads on who Robert Reynolds was. Judging from what she was looking at Robert Reynolds was your typical bum with no potential or hope for the future. As a matter of fact, guys like Reynolds normally ended up on the mortician’s table having died from overdose.

Everyone else, but Dallas had mostly forgotten about the Golden Man. They all remembered what happened, but most were no longer concerned with who this guys was. They all chalked him up as another “hero type”. Though in a world where you couldn’t walk two blocks without seeing one of those “hero types”, it made sense to just forget about it. All it meant is more manics trying to screw things up, and one more person to save them from said maniacs. It also meant more paperwork for the police to deal with.

“Ahem.” a voice came from over Dallas’s shoulder as she turned to see Molly, her partner, “Shouldn’t you be at home resting Dallas? Also didn’t D’Angleo tell you to drop the manhunt for this Reynolds guy?”

“Screw that prick, There’s something to this Reynolds, I just know it, and I’ll rest when I’m damn good and ready.”

“Well in that case, having any luck?”

“Not in the slightest. There’s nothing here other than your basic rap sheet for your typical bum. The only thing that barely qualifies as a lead is his ex-wife, I’ve already sent an email down to records to get me an address, or at the least a phone number.”

“You think Reynolds went to her?”

“I doubt it, but she might can give me some kind of hint to just what the hell is going on with that guy.” Molly looked down at the files on Dallas’s desk, when one caught her eye. She picked it up and began reading it.

“Hold on, it says here that Reynolds was treated for Paranoid Schizophrenia when he was sixteen. Strange there’s no name for who treated him or what he was treated with. Apparently there was some kind of incident where he attacked a student at his school. You think this could have anything to do with your Golden Man?”

“I would bet money on it, and if so, it means that our new local hero is just another psycho in tights, and you saw what he did to Aleksei. If turns out I’m right, which I am, then if Reynolds has a fit in the middle of downtown Manhattan it’s going to be bad.”

“This sounds a bit above yours and my pay grade. Perhaps SHIELD or the Avengers should handle this?”

“Reynolds was my arrest, so I’m going after him.” Dallas declared staring straight at Molly, who knew at this point that there was no point in trying to change her mind. There was a ‘bleep’ from Dallas’s computer, and Dallas’s turned just briefly enough to see that the email that she had been waiting for arrive.

“Okay, we have a hit on Lindy Reynolds.” Dallas stood from her desk and headed toward the door, but stopped, turned to Molly, then tossed her the keys, “You drive, My arm is killing me.”

~Somewhere~

“Bob” she said, “It’s time to wake up Bob” Her voice was like that of an angel. The sweetest thing Robert Reynolds had ever had the privilege of experiencing in his sad excuse for a life. He opened his eyes to a bright light, and had to raise his hand up to shield his eyes long enough for him to see. Once his vision cleared he realized where he was. He was back in the Bahamas. Lindy and he had managed to save up enough money when they had married to have their honeymoon in this place. It had been the happiest time in Bob’s life.

It was a small beach house. The rooms were painted white, and the silk curtains fluttered from breeze blowing in off the ocean. He could hear the waves crashing on the beach just outside the house. Then he smelled the sweetest smell. He always loved it when she wore that perfume; Lavender with a small hint of vanilla. It was his favorite, and she always wore it for special occasions.

He was almost afraid to turn his head, for fear that this was some horrible trick or another drunken stupor he had dreamed up. He fought the fear, and turned his head, and then he saw her.

He felt all his fears and doubt just melt away in a single instant. She was here. She was actually here. Her blonde hair her, blue eyes. and the most amazing smile that only God’s grace would allow such a being to even exist. She was Lindy Reynolds, and she was his wife.

Bob took hold of her, and held her tight to him. He pressed his lips against her kissing her with the greatest of passion. As he pulled away, there were tears in his eyes.

“Lindy, my God, I’ve missed you so damn much. You have no idea how much I’ve missed you.” Bob cried. Lindy said nothing, and only smiled. “What happened to us, Lindy? God, what happened? It used be just you and me. We were happy. God, I have missed you. I’m so glad you’re back.”

“Bob” Lindy said, and took Bob’s hand, “It’s time to wake up.”

“What do you mean?” he asked, “I”m awake now, and if this is a dream I don’t want to wake up. I want you here with me.”

“I’m sorry, Bob.” Lindy sighed, “, but you it can’t be. The world needs you. The world needs the Sentry again. It’s time to wake up Bob.”

“No. Please no. I don’t want to wake up. Please Lindy don’t let me go again.” He pleaded.

“Goodbye Bob.” Lindy leaned forward and kissed Bob’s forehead and things began to fade as Bob fell deep down into the abyss, as he fell Lindy’s voice echoed in his mind, floating as a feather does on the wind.

“Robert, it’s time to wake up.”

Wake up Sentry

Bob violently awoke, breathing heavily. He felt like he had been electrocuted. His skin was on fire. The sun was bright and he had to close his eyes, but as his eyes quickly adjusted he was met with a sight that he could not in his wildest dreams have expected. As far as his eyes could see, he was surrounded by desert, as he looked down he realized he was on standing on what looked like a small mountain.

“Where the hell am I?” Robert asked,

talking to yourself?

“Monument Valley. Arizona. West Mitten Butte. 36.99083° North by 110.09624° West. Elevation 5597 feet. Approximately 1705.97 meters above sea level.” Bob shook his head, shaking off the babbling that seemed to be spilling from his mouth, though he understood every bit of it, but he couldn’t for the life of him remember how he had gotten here.

Insane…

No, he wasn’t insane. This had happened to him before. Back in Manhattan. When he had woke up on the roof of that church. When he had woke up then he had found a blue towel clothespinned to his shirt. Looking down now though, things were really strange. His clothes were gone, replaced with some strange uniform. Gold and blue. A large belt was at his waist with the letter S printed in the center.

A million exploding suns....

The Sentry. Why was he dressed like an old cartoon character? Did this have to do with everything that was happening? Just what was happening. Yesterday he was a nobody. Just another drunk on street, and today he was The Sentry, and standing in the middle of the freakin desert over two thousand miles away from home. This was just nuts.

Peanuts or Cashews?

“Oh for the love of God would you please shut the hell up, all that thinking you’re doing is giving me a headache.” A gruff voice slurred from behind Bob, who turned around sharply to see a scrawny man sitting on the edge of the drop. The man had long dirty blond hair, his face was unshaven, and his skin was so pale it was almost blue. He wore all black. His button up shirt was left unbuttoned halfway down, and a raggedy fedora with a faded red feather in it’s band was perched on his head at lopsided angle. In his right hand the man clutched a bottle of Johnnie Walker black label

Your favorite…

“Who are you?” Robert demanded of the man, who grinned from ear to ear, as he leaped up from his seat on bowed being sure to not spill his drink.

Showoff…

“The name’s Eddie Emerick” The man declared hoisting his arms high into the air as if displaying himself to an auditorium full of eager spectators. Emerick then brought his head down and stared directly into Bob’s eyes. His devilish grin seemed to grow even more impossibly wide as he let loose a growl, “and I am your enemy, Sentry.”

To be continued

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@delphic: Oh no an enemy for Bob. Not good (for him)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@delphic: You are in so much trouble Bob :) “Reynolds was my arrest, so I’m going after him.” Dallas declared staring straight at Molly, who knew at this point that there was no point in trying to change her mind.

Dallas has arrested Cyclops, interrogated Songbird, gotten knocked out by the Punisher while trying to arrest him...she's going to lock you up and throw the book at you as well :)

And who pray tell is this Eddie?

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: LOL. I literally started playing that song after I posted this :P

@impurestcheese: Usually an enemy for Bob is never a good sign for Earth.

@batkevin74: One of the Sentry's obscure (yet not very obscure) rogues.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: I tried looking him up but got nothing...hmmmm anyway looking forward to part 4. Have also started writing new New York's Finest and will post it soon

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 I know you're a Sentry fan so maybe you'll like this.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for bumpy_macediton
Bumpy_MacEditon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers