Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jatoe48er

Chapter 1 & Chapter 2

Chapter 3 – Aspirin lids

So, things in our little brownstone in Brooklyn suddenly went from ya average single father and son relationship to former super powered Pa and aspiring super hero son in one evening. Sure I lost my best friends (for reasons I can’t explain). Lori split town and Huey socked me good, but hey, I ate sour cream and salami bagels on my own before and I’ll eat em alone again. It’s probably for the best with that ‘great responsibility with power ‘stick I’m planning on.

Pa started working for Uncle Marvin on an evening. Uncle Marv hadda small tailor shop down in Hell’s Kitchen and with Pa’s past skills in engineering and toy making, he was ideal help for Uncle Marv in putting together his ‘custom suits’ and the what nots. He hadda do his shifts at night for the ‘special clientele’ which worked perfect for me to begin my own plan. Training ta rid the streets of villainy.

First few nights was what you’d say a bust, onna account that I didn’t even make it out the door. First night there was a great show on the tube and the second night I fell asleep after over indulging in homemade lasagne with fresh baked sough dough bread. But night three, I made it outta the door and my destiny began.

The Suit fit like a glove. It hadda look of a dark green wet suit, but on the inside it was layered with cables and gears in a skeleton thingy ma jig. It was all in one and you slid in from the top. The helmet kinda popped on like a jar top of aspirin. Although the two ruby eye sockets looked onna outside like the view point, but from the inside it felt like looking into a computer screen, with all kinda dials and fancy wave lengths onna display .It really opened up ya peripheral vision.

I’d never actually tried moving in the Suit before. I just would stand there and feel awesome. When moving the inner skeleton it tightened and gripped around my muscles and was like wading in h2o. I finally got down the stairs of the brownstone and headed out the back door on night three. I stopped to bask out in the yard for a while feeling pretty good about myself when I was suddenly startled by a familiar voice.

“Vinnie what the hell are ya doing for Christs sake”

Cranberry sauce. It was Uncle Wilbur. “I understand making dresses that shoot lasers may not be ideal, but Marv has given you a chance at going straight”. Uncle Wilbur sounded kinda ticked off. I thought best to run with mistaken identity, I can’t have Pa finding out this early in the piece. “Ummpppr grrrr,” I replied for reasons I can’t explain other than the loss of bodily function control.

What are ya, drunk Vinnie?” Retorted Uncle Wilbur. “Yrrruurrrr” (nailed it).

Well get ya green ass inside before the Kimble’s or worse, ya son, sees you”. It was at this point moving around in a simulated h2o environment can become quite difficult to manoeuvre and, in short, I tumbled over. Had I mentioned previously that I was never great at fixing those dang lids back onna top of aspirin jars? Push, pop and twist all very tricky stuff. Well in my graceful tumble the helmet lid blew off and so did Uncle Wilber’s.

I’m not going to go into great detail of the colourful display of Uncle Wilbur vocabulary, but in a nut shell, he wasn’t impressed to see me inside the Suit. Once the colour had returned to his face and he was able to articulate without sounding like a taxi driver, he helped me inside and back up to the workshop an outta the Suit. I gingerly made it down ta the kitchen where Uncle Wilbur had helped himself to one a Pa’s beers and atta Uncle Wilbur’s request I began fixing us up a sour cream an salami bagel whilst I explained my actions tonight.

It was hard to explain to him. This guy had been always been there for me. He’d helped me take on the dang horse and been family. I only wanted Pa ta be proud of me and maybe to right some of the wrongs he and my uncles may have caused. Ya know, balance the cosmic scales and make the Patilio name great again. My gymnastics made me more agile than ya average joe. I’m determined, and if some guy can run around Harlem wearing a tiara and yellow blouse, heck a kid from Brooklyn can make a difference in a mechanically enhanced assisted dark green suit.

If ya going to do this kid, we do it right, but it isn’t going to be easy. You’ve got to train harder than you ever have. We start training tomorrow night at my place. We keep this between us and if I say it’s over, it’s over. You walk away. But if you work hard enough, and I think you can do it … you get to wear the Suit.”

I don’t care what people think or read in the Bugle. My Uncle Wilbur doesn’t need stilts to be a bigger man.

No Caption Provided

Chapter 4 : Legs Eleven

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@jatoe48er: LOVE IT! The accented writing makes a difference, doesn't always work with writing but with this and your previous chapters, works magically. And your ending with Stilt-Man going to be his trainer...poor Eugene, he's doomed! But this

I don’t care what people think or read in the Bugle. My Uncle Wilbur doesn’t need stilts to be a bigger man.

A little kick in the heart! It's all about perception. To the rest of the universe Stilt-Man is a one trick loser pony, to Eugene he's a person; his uncle who cares about him. Well done!

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 Thanks dude! Who knows, maybe they'll surprise the Mayhem Universe..............or not.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jatoe48er: I'm imagining him on the Avengers as we speak, side by side with Iron Man & Cap :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Stiltman = Awesome. Don't let anyone tell you differently. Nice to see this coming along. Great things will come from this humble tadpole methinks.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter!!! I'm really loving the idea about Stiltman teaching Eugene to be a super hero! I really can't wait to see where this goes!

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: thanks dude , I'm quite attached to Eugene good to see his readers are feeling the same!

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jatoe48er

@rabbitearsblog: Wilbur will be playing a huge part in the next 2 chapters. I'm glad your enjoying it! More to come soon.....

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@rabbitearsblog: Wilbur will be playing a huge part in the next 2 chapters. I'm glad your enjoying it! More to come soon.....

That's great to hear! :D

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jatoe48er
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jatoe48er: Oh no it looks like he has croaked. Ah toad puns for the win.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74
jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese he really hopped at the chance to draw him. The other visitors was green with envy at my choice.......

@batkevin74 It was cool, but he generally had no idea who Frog-Man was. His words " You want a sketch of a man, whose a frog?" So I showed the reference, he retorted "Ow, so he is a real character" ...........

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jatoe48er: ha ha ha the man who draws everything doesn't know Frog-Man, that's kinda funny.

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 Exactly !!! May be I should have asked for a Leap-Frog.....

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jatoe48er: <kribbit> Where you toad away by security? And if so was it a newt situation for you?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

I met George Perez recently at a Con. He did a quick sketch of Frog-Man for me, it's not very good but I thought I could do with a bump @batkevin74@rabbitearsblog@cbishop@impurestcheese

You have a sketch by Perez, and say, "it's not very good?" Gah! Lol, for not knowing the character and only just seeing the reference, I think it's cool. But seriously dude, you had the chance to have George Perez draw something, and you asked for Frog-Man? I would've had to have asked him for one of the 80's Teen Titans. You are a truly dedicated fan of that Frog-Man, sir. ;)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

This continues to be awesome. Your passion for the character comes through on the page, and it is pure, frog-legged delight! I love the bits about why he didn't make it out of the house the first two nights. Very much looking forward to chapter 4.

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jatoe48er

@cbishop: Thanks dude !!! I'm glad you like my little pal Eugene, I'm glad my soft spot is showing !!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another great installment and wow -- that Perez sketch! O_O

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers