Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Irishlad

Chapter 4: Throne of Darkness

Previous chapters can be found by clicking AND other Mayhem series can be found by clicking HITHER

No Caption Provided

Unknown

A carriage rode harshly through a rock filled path.

Two Frost Giants breathed in and out mists of cold air as they watched over Balder, son of Odin as well as Althea, daughter of Eir within the musky transport.

"How much longer?" Althea spoke as she sat nervously across from Balder.

Balder's eyes jolted as he noted Althea's immobile mouth "How are you speaking?"

The two Frost giants maintained their stoic look "Enough talk Aesir."

Althea shifted her head towards Balder's disgruntled stare "Oh, the mind communication? sorry I guess I forgot there are powers not even you know about, don't worry I can't read your mind or anything it's just like every other form of communication."

Balder sat bemused as the two continued to interlock their minds "Other forms of communication?"

"Aye" Althea explained "I can only hear what you think when you think or speak loudly, for example I know that you're currently reciting an Aesir poem to calm your nerves because you hate carriages, especially ones as bumpy as this."

An intrigued grin began to sprout on Balder's face "And if I wish for you not to hear what I'm thinking?"

Althea reluctantly continued "Simple, once you know I'm reading your thoughts you can close the book, so to speak, opening it when ever you please. You still didn't answer my question how much longer?"

Balder leaned forward "I see...not much longer, I didn't realise you were looking forward to going to a Frost Giant's cave little one."

"IT'S NOT THAT!" Althea abruptly screeched outside her mind for a split second before rapidly biting her tongue and returning to her mind "It's just, where are we going? I tried listening to the thoughts of these two but it tends to waver between the thoughts of the fallen or Frost Giant...baby making."

Balder nodded "Now that is curious, based on the geography of the landscape alone it looks as though we're near Valhalla."

Althea scratched her head "Valhalla? but that's nowhere near Jotunheim it's closer to Asg..."

"ENOUGH STARING AESIR" an angered Frost Giant roared with a stamp on the frailly built carriage's floor.

Balder's head hung down as the carriage continued to stroll uneasily.

Althea hissed "Hey, why can't I hear your thoughts any more? you're not listening to him are you?...Balder?"

Balder failed to respond as his head continued to hang.

Althea nudged the guard nearby "Hey, I think there's something wrong with my friend he.."

The carriage creakily stopped to the two brutes dismay.

A grizzled moan emerged from the two Frost Giants "Why have we stopped? we have not arrived."

Balder's head rose with a pointed dagger as the opposing brute had nothing to do other than to watch with frozen arms and a regretful memory of the unknowing dagger that fell from his boot.

Balder's eyes peered back and forth between the two Giants "If either of you two reach for your blades, I will have your heads removed and served as ice cubes at the next Asgardian feast. Now tell me gentlemen where the Hel are we?"

----------------------------------------

Svartalfheim

"That's a good question Volstagg where are we Sif?" Fandral pondered as Sif marched on towards the altar accompanied by the Warrior's Three and Dark Elf chants that translated to nothing more than hate.

"We're at a council meeting of the Dark Elves" Sif stated.

The chants continued to be spat as the four arrived and stood anxiously.

"ENOUGH" Queen Alflyse roared and with every step she took the chants began to subside.

The Queen continued "I understand our grievances with the Asgardian scum but I have brought these four before you as allies and you will show them the respect I expect of every Dark Elf who isn't a bastard child of Malekith."

Mumbles began to swim through the crowd as the four Asgardian warriors remained uncomfortably still.

Alflyse curved her neck towards the Dark Elves that sat with disdain on the balconies "Yes, Malekith I speak his name for you will hear it more and more if you do not listen to my words. He lives and he travels with Odin's Slayer, Vili."

Heckled words escaped the crowd "BLASPHEMY" "LIAR" "ACCURSED"

Alflyse cautiously responded "Accursed? he is the accursed one, he is the one who burned down our realm to ash for having hope and broke the heart of each and everyone of you in this room. Please, I speak to you as both your Queen and woman of Svartalfheim, let us form an agreement with the representatives of the Asgardian resistance and they shall return it in double."

"What are you suggesting your Highness?" a council member eventually asked.

Alflyse pointed towards the four "The girl...Sif she is very much a capable warrior and quite the speaker. She will help train our men and lead the military."

Alflyse waved her finger towards the remaining three "Fandral, will accompany her, but the other two will travel with one of our finest Dark Elves to the mountain and retrieve the Casket of Ancient Winters an object so sacred and powerful, not even the Frost Giant's can stand it. We can use it to defend Svartalfheim by blinding our enemy in the blizzard of both snow and their blood."

Volstagg raised his hand "Excuse me a thousand times your majesty but how big of a mountain is this to say none of your men have retrieved it yet?"

Alflyse peered her eyes at the bulky man "It's not the length of the trip Asgardian, it's what guards the casket."

No Caption Provided

-------------------------------------------

Vili's Throne Room, Asgard

A blood soaked Vili let the red run down along Odin's golden throne.

A clobbering of footsteps emerged as a Frost Giant brought news “We have the girl Aesir”.

Vili Slammed his fist “I'm your King, bring her here”.

The Giant's frigid hands dragged the girl down along the wide hall and towards the throne where the new King of Asgard sat.

"NO, PLEASE!" Althea begged.

"Come closer and feel my face" Vili commanded.

A terrified gasp escaped the girl's mouth as she tried to scurry away but Vili's clasp remained around her frail wrists.

"Please..." she attempted before accepting that the only way he would let go is if she reached out.

The cuts began to heal and Vili's blood started to return, this made him pleased.

"There" Vili smiled as he rubbed the girl's cheeks "Now wipe away those tears child, tears are a sign of vulnerability and as my princess you must not show weakness.”

Althea's fears began to drift away as she bit her lip and turned to the dark King "You killed the All Father."

"I am the true All Father" Vili simply replied.

Althea retrieved her wrist "You're evil".

Vili slapped Althea with a wave of fury "DO NOT TEST ME CHILD!....I am not evil, I only wish to reinstate what my brother lost sight of. And for every battle wound I receive you will heal for if you do not there will be consequences do I make myself clear?"

No Caption Provided

Balder emerged down the hall that was drenched with tears and spatters of blood "Yes All Father, we shall serve you".

Vili patted Althea's head "Ah, Balder my God of Light and Althea my Goddess of Healing welcome to the Royal Family".

Vili, All Father
Vili, All Father

Ymir, God of Ice & War
Ymir, God of Ice & War

Enchantress, Queen of Asgard
Enchantress, Queen of Asgard

Malekith, God of Darkness
Malekith, God of Darkness

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Caption Provided

Next Chapter: UNRAVELLED MYSTERIES AND THE RETURN OF THOR

Want More? Want Less? Please, COMMENT BELOW AND LET ME KNOW.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@irishlad: Uh oh. Looks like Ice is shielded by Fire if the form of Suther King of Musphilheim (Going from the Image). Nice to see Asgard get ready for some Ragnarok & Roll. I wonder what other dark powers will join Vili's Royal Family. I doubt we will be waiting long.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@irishlad: The carriage ride was very good, very strange also.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Loved it. Things sure seem to be ramping up although. And more, please. I want more. :)

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Bump, chapter 5 should be on its way over the next couple of days, hopefully we can get some more comments before then.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Avatar image for artemisthehuntress
ArtemistheHuntress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@irishlad: I was AWESOME! I loved it...a lot! I would like more! super good!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@irishlad said:

Bump, chapter 5 should be on its way over the next couple of days,

:) Days, months, whatevers :)

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points