MARVEL MAYHEM SPECIAL: Astonishing X-Men Part 1

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

To catch up on past Astonishing X-Men stories for Marvel Mayhem, check out the "Astonishing X-Men" library HERE.

*NOTE: This is just a short little story about the X-Men celebrating Christmas while dealing with an unknown force for the holidays and it doesn't tie in with the current events for Marvel Mayhem. This is written for the purpose of having a fun story for the holidays!*

Astonishing X-Men: One Sweet X-Mas!

Chapter 1: Not a Creature was stirring…

It was the night before Christmas and the Xavier Institute was brewing with activity as the X-Men members were getting ready to celebrate the holiday season.In the middle of the main room, the Christmas tree was being put up by the students.The students were clambering around the tree, putting up the decorations as they were determined to make the tree as beautiful as can be.

The senior X-Men members meanwhile, were busy setting up the party games, the food and the drinks for the students and for themselves as well.

“It is great to see the students enjoying themselves this holiday,” said Ororo as she put up the Christmas reefs around the fireplace.

“That is why I always loved the Christmas holidays!So much good cheer and celebration for everyone,” said Kurt as he prepared the cakes and punch around the table.

“You said it Kurt! I’m just ready to get this party started!” said Kitty brightly.

Kitty then sat down at the table and she realized that everyone was staring at her.

“What? Is there a Brood on me or something?” Kitty asked worriedly.

“No,” said Scott as he adjusted his ruby quartz glasses. “It’s just, um…well…”

Kitty smirked at everyone and said, “Just because I’m Jewish, doesn’t mean I’m anti-Christmas, you guys.I like to party and hanging out with my friends, especially during the holidays!”

No Caption Provided

“Mazel tov, pumpkin!” said Logan, raising his beer up in the air.

Everyone started laughing at that and Piotr said to Kitty, “And speaking of starting off the party, I would like to start by doing this.”

Piotr grabbed mistletoe from the ceiling put it over himself and he kissed Kitty with such passion that even she was taken aback by it.

“Whoa! Now that’s one kiss that I will never forget, sexy,” said Kitty, kissing Piotr back.

No Caption Provided

“It seems Ruskie got the right idea.Christmas is the time of giving, no?” said Remy as he grabbed some mistletoe and looked longingly at Rogue.

No Caption Provided

“Ya gotta catch me first, sugah,” said Rogue as she started running around the table, with Remy on her heels.Just as Remy was about to kiss Rogue from behind the table, Rogue quickly jumped out of the way and Remy accidentally kissed Kurt instead.

Everyone started laughing when Kurt and Remy wiped their mouths hastily in disgust.

“Well, I’ll say you got the kiss that you deserved, Remy,” said Hank laughing.

“Yeah, yeah. Don’t push your luck, mon ami,” said Remy, still wiping his mouth.

“Well, now that everyone is in good spirits, let’s get the students over here so they can celebrate the holiday cheer!” said Scott smiling.

The senior X-Men staff then summoned the students from the Christmas tree and everyone started eating the food and having a good time at the party until midnight when everyone went to bed to rest for the night.

Later that night…

After the senior X-Men staff and the students went to bed, everything was quiet in the Xavier Institute.Suddenly, a bright light shone through the fireplace of the main room and a mysterious figure stepped out of the fireplace.The figure was growling deeply as spittle dribbled from its mouth and it started sniffing around the room, searching for its prey.

Then, it reared its head up as it finally caught a scent of mutants in the building and it took off like a shot, determined to make a meal out of the unsuspecting mutants.

No Caption Provided

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@rabbitearsblog: Really nice and festive. Is the figure the Krampus (the Celtic Evil Santa) coming to punish the X-Men for being bad over 2013 or is it something even more sinister. Can't wait to find out...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Awesome! I look forward to writing the New Warriors Christmas special... :)

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@rabbitearsblog: This was a fun read, I really enjoy you're way of writing! But just one thing (sorry about that), after sentences (or more correctly, after the dot) make space between the dot and the new sentence. Sometimes your new sentence starts right after the dot. Hope that helps and I'm looking forward to your next chapter.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Ewwwww X-Men kissing X-Men...that's how mutants are made! :) Nice story

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Really nice and festive. Is the figure the Krampus (the Celtic Evil Santa) coming to punish the X-Men for being bad over 2013 or is it something even more sinister. Can't wait to find out...

Thanks!!! Hmm... maybe it could be the Krampus...we'll have to wait and see!

Awesome! I look forward to writing the New Warriors Christmas special... :)

Thanks!! I'll check out your New Warriors Christmas special!!! :D

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: This was a fun read, I really enjoy you're way of writing! But just one thing (sorry about that), after sentences (or more correctly, after the dot) make space between the dot and the new sentence. Sometimes your new sentence starts right after the dot. Hope that helps and I'm looking forward to your next chapter.

Thanks!!! I'll have to fix those errors!

Ewwwww X-Men kissing X-Men...that's how mutants are made! :) Nice story

LOL!!! Thanks!!! That's what the X-Men are here for! :D

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Yeah on the Czech side of my family my grandmother would tell me and my sisters that if we weren't good girls all year round the Krampus would take us away and eat us on Christmas Eve.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@rabbitearsblog: Yeah on the Czech side of my family my grandmother would tell me and my sisters that if we weren't good girls all year round the Krampus would take us away and eat us on Christmas Eve.

Wow...that's terrible...I remember my dad used to tell us that there was a goblin that lived inside one of the dressers in our house and we never went near it for years...until we realized that there were no goblins in the dresser! :D

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: I wised up to Krampus when I was ten after surviving a fearful Christmas Eve after kicking a rugby ball through a greenhouse a few months prior. I was so frightened that night that I made a 'fort' under my dad's desk and conscripted my cat to help protect me. As for the Goblin...that's awesome I would have been in their in a flash.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@rabbitearsblog: I wised up to Krampus when I was ten after surviving a fearful Christmas Eve after kicking a rugby ball through a greenhouse a few months prior. I was so frightened that night that I made a 'fort' under my dad's desk and conscripted my cat to help protect me. As for the Goblin...that's awesome I would have been in their in a flash.

Yeah, now looking back on it, it would have been pretty cool if a goblin actually existed!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: I was thinking more of Christina Rossi's poem 'the Goblin Market'

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@rabbitearsblog: Have you read it? Scared the hell out of me first time I did. (Was Nine at the time)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Have you read it? Scared the hell out of me first time I did. (Was Nine at the time)

No, I haven't read it yet, but it sounds interesting!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: It's available online. Just take it in individual verses it can be a wee bit confusing

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: It's available online. Just take it in individual verses it can be a wee bit confusing

Alright! I'll check it out!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers