Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Space, 28 Thousand Miles above Argentina

No Caption Provided

The Earth seemed small in comparison to the rest of the universe. Just a small little white dot in a sleek black sky. A sky that never ended, to the other beings that were aware of the small planet's existence it must have seemed like a small insignificant mudball that caused the odd amount of trouble on occasion, to be honest it was surprising they hadn't decided to destroy the place yet with the amount of times people like Thanos or Galactus had tried to use it in one way or another... a small little dot that most people would ignore if they knew any better.

"Sarah!" Chief Engineer Jackson yelled over the intercom snapping Sarah back to reality. "You mind paying attention darlin'?" He asked. Sarah shook her head clear of distractions before returning to her main focus, sixteen weeks ago the omnipotent being known as Ego the Living Planet had decided to brush by to check up on things. Over the years the Planet had learned how to decrease the damage his arrival would cause to the Solar System... but his arrival had STILL caused the odd tidal wave or earthquake. Ego had been asked to leave after his business with the Planet had ended. Luckily nobody had been seriously injured during the visit. Just a load of commotion on the ground.

Space was another matter, when Ego had arrived he'd caused the layer of Space Debris covering the planet to shift and go spiraling out of control, luckily Earth's Superhuman Population had again been there to help out and managed to avert most of the damage due to the minds of Tony Stark and Reed Richards. Unfortunately nothing was ever safe from being damaged. The Satellite that Sarah was currently clinging to was an example of that. A piece of metal from the Kree/Skrull War had smashed into the side greatly damaging both the Cosmetic and Internal workings of the once proud satellite. This was purely a Salvage Operation, something Sarah had been told multiple times. Her mission was to plant the Recovery Beacon and let the Government Agency known as SWORD handle the rest.

"Sorry sir!" She yelled before continuing her slow climb up the safety ladder leading to the Satellite's damaged section. The beacon was attached to her back, thanks to her top of the line Stark Tech Gear. This way she didn't have to worry about carrying the thing, just getting the job done. After a few moments she made it to the top and clicker her safety harness to the railing. "Attached sir!" She yelled, her heart hadn't stopped beating since she'd been assigned this mission, she could see the piece of Alien Metal in the Satellite's side now. It looked much larger then it did in the pictures. "Beacon connected!" She yelled as she planted the device firmly on the Hull's side. The green light told her it had been successful. "Transmission sent!"

"Alright Sarah!" Jackson yelled up at her, he watched her from the relative safety of the Craft they'd arrived in. "Now you just need t-" Sarah didn't hear the rest of Jackson's sentence. It was her fault really, she was easily distracted, one of her many weak points. But the Silver Flash of light in the distance had gained her attention... and her attention it would get. It seemed to be moving past at an incredibly fast speed, relatively close in fact.

"Did you see that?" Sarah asked, her eyes still locked on the light.

"Probably just a comet or a meteorite." Jackson commented.

"I hope not..." Sarah muttered. She heard Jackson's words but couldn't understand them over her horror. "It's heading right towards Earth!" Without thinking... and in her desperation, she clicked her Safety Harness off. Just as the Recovery Drone arrived from the SWORD Fortress. The shake of the Drone attaching to the Satellite almost immediately sent her tumbling over the edge... and in her horror she screamed. Jackson was too far below to help her, all he could do was watch her in horror as she slowly drifted away into endless oblivion. She wasn't sure how much Oxygen her suit had left, she'd known she'd had enough to make it back to the base in one piece... but that seemed irrelevant now. Now that she was pretty much dead. You could imagine her horror when something gripped her by the wrist.

"Don't be afraid." A calm voice said. "I'm here to help." Sarah could feel her weightless body being pulled towards something... and her feet slowly were planted atop of a solid object. She turned to see a figure she'd only heard stories about... she'd never seen him in person, but there was only one person that he could be.

The Silver Surfer

No Caption Provided

Gently but firmly, the Silver Surfer planted Sarah on top of his board and held her in place. Sarah had never been good at surfing, she half expected the board to rock under their combined weight... but surprisingly it didn't.

"Are you injured?" He asked, his eyes were empty, but his face was etched with concern. "If so the board should heal you in a moment." Sarah could only stare in amazement at him.

"You're... the Silver Surfer?" She stammered as the board beneath their feet floated next to the Satellite. Jackson stared at them in surprise before stepping on carefully.

"I prefer Norrin." He admitted, Jackson seemed to be unsure about where to place his feet. However the board didn't seem to wait for him, as it silently began to move towards the flying fortress that was SWORD Headquarters.

"What the hell is going on?!" Jackson yelled in frustration, behind them the normally loud Drone carted the gigantic Satellite towards its destination.

SWORD Headquarters

"What the hell is going on?!" Abigail Brand yelled as she stared at the monitors in frustration. "Where's my Salvage team?!" She asked one of the Ensigns sat by her feet. Ensign North to her right turned towards her.

"Ma'am there seems to be a strange energy signature heading this way!" He yelled nervously. It was his second week on the job. And the first major crisis that SWORD had been involved in since the Skrull's Incursion several months back. Ego the Living Planet's 'visit' sixteen weeks ago had been an incident. Not a crisis.

"On screen!" Brand ordered, the Ensign nodded and soon one of the Monitors flashed onto the big screen before her. It showed three tiny people riding what appeared to be a tiny stream of light. When Brand looked again she noticed that one of the people riding the stream of light was made of Silver. "Oh crap..." Brand leaned back in her chair slightly. "It's HIM." Ensign North stared up at her in confusion.

"Ma'am?"

"Ensign!" She barked at the Ensign to North's left. "Get a squad of Soldiers to Hanger Bay 12 now!" The Ensign nodded before tapping away at his Console. "And make sure that our 'guest' knows that 12 is the one we WANT him to go to!" She added before standing up from her seat. "North! I want everything you've got on the Silver Surfer!" She pulled her sidearm from its holster, North stood up quickly and dashed after her before stopping at the emergency elevator. Brand hit the button to level 120 and the doors quickly opened. "Go." She ordered as North stepped in beside her. North opened her mouth to speak only for Brand to stop him. She pulled her wrist communicator to her mouth and clicked the announcement button on the small panel's side. "Sorry. Everyone! This is Director Abigail Brand declaring an Emergency Yellow alert! Everyone be prepared for possible structural damage! I want Med Teams and Engineering at the ready! Brand out!" The alarm bells started to ring just as Brand clicked the device off. "Continue." She sighed. North nodded.

"Silver Surfer AKA Norrin Radd. Power Level: 9. Claims to be from a planet known as... 'Zenn La'?" Brand nodded. "Anyway Radd apparently accepted an offer from the Planet Eater known as Galactus to be his Herald in exchange for his home planet being spared from destruction. Radd would seek out planets for Galactus before allowing him to strip the planet down for the Energy Matter he needs to survive. Anyway so eventually the Surfer came to Earth where h-"

"I already know this stuff." Brand interrupted. The Elevator whirring down at an incredibly fast speed. "Give me something more recent. Something I DON'T know off the top of my head." North looked nervous. "...please?" Brand added. She wasn't very good at making people feel better.

"Uh.... around 2 years ago the Silver Surfer returned from a voyage into deep space. He'd disappeared for several months to places unknown. His visit this time was very short. This time he had an Armada of Alien Badoon Soldiers chasing after him. As soon as they arrived above New York he disappeared, leaving the Aliens to invade the Planet."

"Why did he leave?" Brand asked. Ensign North shrugged. That was answer enough. The Elevator dinged as the doors slowly rolled open, armed troops rushed past carrying semi automatic weapons. "Alright North." She turned towards the Ensign. "I need you to make a c-" She was interrupted by the sound of a loud explosion from one the nearby hanger. Without another word she turned and started to run for the entrance. North close behind her.

"Are you certain you're alright?" Norrin Radd asked as he helped the strangely dressed human female down from the board. "I understand that interplanetary travel can be disorientating for some members of your race."

"I'm fine!" Sarah yelled as she jumped to the floor, she pulled her helmet away from her suit and placed it under her arm. "Please stop asking!" Jackson jumped down behind her.

"What the hell are you?!" Jackson asked, he pulled his helmet off as well.

"My name is Norr-"

"No. We know that it's just... WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" He yelled. "Didn't you try to destroy the planet the last time you visited?!"

"I-"

"FREEZE!" A voice rang out. Norrin turned to see over a dozen armed guards running towards him with weapons aimed towards his chest.

"Please. There is no need t-" Norrin started to say.

"PUT YOUR HANDS OVER YOUR HEAD AND KNEEL ON THE GROUND!" The Squad Leader yelled. "PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE GR-" He was interrupted by the sound of the Drone carrying the Satellite clanging against the side of the wall before smashing to the ground, the Satellite and Drone both exploding together. Luckily nobody was hurt by the damage.

"IS EVERYONE ALRIGHT?!" Abigail Brand yelled as she ran into the Hanger Bay. Ensign North right behind her. "Please stop blowing up my space station!" She begged. "It's the 3rd one in 2 years!" She stopped when she noticed nobody was injured. The man she had came to see was busy repairing the damage done to both the Drone and the Satellite. Bright Yellow energy wrapping around his hands as the damage done to the hull slowly seemed to repair itself. Brand simply watched in amazement. "Is there anything the Power Cosmic CAN'T do?!" She asked after both the Satellite and the Drone returned to being completely functional. The Silver Surfer turned towards her and smiled. "Director Abigail Brand of SWORD." She said, just so he knew who he was dealing with.

"Greetings." The Silver Surfer said calmly. "I don't believe we've met. My name i-"

"I know who you are." Brand interrupted. "I think everyone knows who you are." She continued. The Guards surrounding her seemed nervous. It was her job to make it seem like she was in control of the situation. "Or we know your name at least." She added. "What we want to know is... why are you here?"

"I'm visiting an Old Friend." The Surfer said.

"Who? Reed Richards? Bruce Banner? Stephen Strange?"

"Nobody you'll know."

"Try me." The Surfer frowned slightly at her last comment. He turned towards his board and planted his right foot on the very edge of it. Quickly a Medical Team ran over, taking both of the Astronauts away on a Stretcher. "The last time you... 'visited' Earth, Surfer you brought an Invasion with you." Brand pointed out. "I have to be certain you're not a Threat to the Planet before letting you socialize with one of our residents."

"I'm not a threat." The Surfer stated coldly. All the emotion that had once been in his voice had disappeared. "Earth of all places should know that. After all I've done for this planet I should be allowed to come and go as I please."

Brand smiled slightly. "See... it doesn't work like that." She said. Her tone getting a bit dark. "You don't get to go an inch past this space station until I SAY you can."

"Don't presume you can tell me what to do, Agent Brand. I've come to handle some personal business. And there's nothing you can do to stop me from doing that." Before Brand could say another word, the Surfer's board turned almost flawlessly before dashing through the Shielding over the Hanger Doors. The answer was clear, for whatever reason the Silver Surfer didn't seem to be in the best of moods.

"Son of a..." Brand bit her tongue before turning towards her men. "What are you waiting for?!" She yelled angrily. "Get after him!" The Squad Leader nodded before leading his Squad towards the Emergency Troop Transport. Ensign North was all that remained. "North." She said, annoyance filling her voice. "Those people I told you to call..."

"What about them Ma'am?"

"Tell them to Assemble."

To be Continued in Issue 1 of the Silver Surfer!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: Hmm Assemble huh and Abigail Brand too. Wonder what long forgotten Marel Mayhem Team that could be? Few typos near the beginning but then I can hardly comment on that. All in all it's nice to see the Mayhem back and this adds to the interest.

Remember to consult with me if you need Avengers help :-)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#6 wildvine  Moderator

About a third of this doesn't need to be capitalized. Not sure how I feel about casual Ego use. I guess if IC is cool with it, then its fine.

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Poor Norrin. Humanity just doesn't 'get' him. Has number 1 come out? Curious to see where this went. Thanks!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TommytheHitman

@wim_garnet: It didn't really go anywhere.

I apologize.

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tommythehitman: No reason to apologize. False starts are natural to the writing process, I think.