Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese
No Caption Provided

For more Marvel Mayhem make sure to Check out The Library

Missed Last Issue? Check it out HERE

Unknown Place, Unknown Time

Birds sung as they flitted through the ruins of the deserted abbey, its walls long since abandoned to the creeping honeysuckle and the gleam of the glow-worms just illuminating themselves as the sun set on the idyllic scene. Spreading out on the grass the man dressed in a striped shirt and shorts looked up at the first star in the sky and smiled.

“I always love it here Spot.” He told the dark haired pale skinned blonde haired woman lying next to him. “I always love seeing you.”

No Caption Provided

“I love you too.” Spot said as she stroked his cheek. “And I don’t want our picnic to end,” she added gesturing to the half filled basket sitting on a classic Jaguar XK sitting in the shadow of the ruined church, “but he is coming, and I won’t go back to the hell he created, not after you rescued me. You must stop him, stop him for me Milos.”

Getting to his feet Milo rubbed his forehead a bright shining light forming on the skin. “Spot I won’t let him take you…”

Green Lake Refugee Camp, Seattle

“…NOT AGAIN!!!” Unicorn roared as he got to his feet and blasted the nearest of the Marauders, an obese man throwing bolts of energy carelessly around, the energy discharge simply arching up the man’s arms and into his mouth.

“Critical Mass won’t go down like that.” The fat man snorted as Whiplash sliced open Gypsy Moth’s cheek behind him. “I’m gonna do the world a favour and put you down like the mad dog you…umph.” Before he could finish Unicorn had covered the fifteen meters to his position and slammed his horn into Critical Mass’s gut, energy spilling from the open wound. “Wah!!” The obese mutant cried as he removed Unicorn and threw him away just as a glowing green fist replaced the horn in his wound. “Who the hell are you meant to be?” He spat.

“Truly the ignorance of young super villains is staggering.” Chen told Blackheath as he sent a tangle of roots at the reptilian mutant, his claws slicing through the greenery as he advanced.

“Quite Dr Lu.” Blackheath replied as Critical Mass blasted the Radioactive Man at close range, the glowing Thunderbolt staggering back a few steps laughing. “Then again I never was well known as anything but a joke unlike you.” He added as he created a massive leaf pitcher around Savage Fin before rising up on a vine to look down at the trapped mutant. “You know some plants eat animals, if you stay still you might just avoid being digested.” He added as a living ram of dark-force energy pinned Foxbat against the wall of one of the huts.

No Caption Provided

“Please have mercy.” Foxbat cried as Shroud advanced on him, the inhuman cowering as the dark force energy pinned him to the wall. “I’ll…I’ll tell you anything?”

“Foxbat you coward!!” Whiplash spat as her whip fell to tatters. “You think me defenceless without this witch?” She asked Gypsy Moth as the mutant Thunderbolt pulled the remaining strands of her weapon towards her, the fabric morphing into a set of ties to bind her foe. “Do you even know why they call me Whiplash?”

“Because you dress and arm yourself like a dominatrix.” Gypsy Moth answered before blushing under her mask slightly. “Then again I used to wear some pretty scanty costumes so I can hardly…” Before she could finish she was struck by a blast of energy akin to a freight train hitting her, the bones in her spine cracking under the increased G-Force.

“That’s why they call me Whiplash!!” Whiplash explained before firing a wave of energy at Shroud, the blast sending him sprawling to the floor, his defeat giving Foxbat time to scramble away into the house where the refugees were hiding, “So who’s next!!”

“I am.” Blackheath told her in a low, calm voice even as the G-Force sliced through his chest like a knife through butter. “I am part of the Green and we are unimpressed with the way you treat both the mortal animals and the ground you stand on.” He added as another beam of energy slashed through him just as a scream came up from inside the hut. “You have troubled us too long Whiplash!” He snarled as barbed thorns sprung from the ground, scratching at his opponents exposed legs as Kona disarmed Joust before sprinting towards the hut. As she got inside a horrible sight was there to great here, standing in the middle of the room was Foxbat, his teeth in the neck of a victim and blood on his lips.

“Stand down now!!” Kona barked as she aimed her pistol at Foxbat’s head, a red dot dancing across his scalp.

“You can’t shoot and risk hitting the hostage.” Foxbat hissed, specks of blood splattering over Kona, his words almost drowned out by a massive explosion outside.

“I’m not a hero though,” Kona told him a smirk spreading across her face as she detached a grenade from her belt. “Not even a Thunderbolt really, I’m a soldier and I will do anything to get my goals achieved.” She added as she tossed the grenade into the crowd of hostages causing Foxbat to panic and dart for the door, the inhuman colliding with her as they both rolled out the door.

“You killed them all.” Foxbat hissed as he dislocated his jaw, ready to take a bite out of Kona’s shoulder. “The master would welcome you into his service.” He added as Kona jammed a knife into his shoulder.

“Just one problem.” Kona grunted as she twisted the handle of the blade. “No bang,” She added as Foxbat recoiled in pain and panic before looking around at his allies. Joust was down, Critical Mass had stopped fighting and Savage Fin was trapped in a flower. With a mocking smile he took to the wing and flew off leaving his sole remaining team-mate Whiplash, to fight the Thunderbolts alone.

No Caption Provided

“Coward!!” Whiplash yelled up at him as an energy blast fired from Unicorn slammed her in the chest, leaving a massive burn mark behind. “You are all so…” Before she could finish a second blast knocked her unconscious as the remaining Thunderbolts crowded round where Shroud and Gypsy Moth laid.

“They both have spinal fractures.” Chen stated as he ran a hand over them. “They were lucky that Whiplash didn’t amp up the power, if she did they might have been ripped in two.” He added as Blackheath grew a pair of stretchers for them, before turning to the four villains, binding vines wrapping round them to keep them immobilised.

“I’ll head back to the Living Fortress, see if the sensors can pick up a trail on Foxbat.” Blackheath announced as a portal in the ground opened up before him and his patients and prisoners.

“No need, I cut him with a Kree ‘Fly-Bite’ Dagger, its uses microwave pulses to cause extreme pain. While usually used for torture, Mr Korral forced me to lower the Becquerel output in my weapon, it should however, leave enough of a trail to track the Inhuman back to his lair.” Kona explained.

“What about the monster and the hole?” Shroud asked as vines dragged Gypsy Moth’s stretcher through the portal back to the Living Fortress.

“Let us worry about that.” Chen told him as he shot a glance at the hole. “You just get some rest.” He added as Blackheath’s vines dragged the prisoners into the portal back to the Living Fortress leaving Chen alone with Kona and Unicorn. As the remaining Thunderbolts checked the wounded from the Marauders attack none of them noticed the tiny figure watching from behind a stack of crates, its barbed tongue licking its lips. With a shrill rattling hiss it used its four arms to crawl up the wall, before squeezing under the eaves of the roof until only a tiny pair of blood red eyes could be seen, watching and waiting for night to fall.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

And a good slice it was, very filling

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This was cool. I forgot about Thunderbolts.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: You forgot about Thunderbolts. Well I never, this is my baby 27+ Issues and counting

@johnjo719: Cool thanks for the comment

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Storm's brewin so I may lose power, will read this on morrow

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImpurestCheese
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Don't forget the promise you made...

Storm's brewin so I may lose power, will read this on morrow

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: “Critical Mass won’t go down like that.” Yes you will you fat f%$# yes you will! :)

Good chapter, Short, sharp, well done

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Cool thanks. Expect more from Critical Mass. He and his crew are down....

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268