#1 Edited by batkevin74 (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

Continued from Parts 1-7: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-library-1459473/#17

Marvel Mayhem: Scourge 2

Marvel Mayhem: Scourge 3

Marvel Mayhem: Scourge 4

Marvel Mayhem: Scourge 5

Marvel Mayhem: Scourge 6

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-scourge-7-1463788/#0

Links in with: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-astonishing-x-men-3-1467387/#6

More stories here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-library-1459473/#19

“See now would be a great time to have a jetpack!” remarked Detective Riordan as she sat next to Agent DePaul in the police cruiser in bumper to bumper traffic “Or a teleporter! Or a flying carpet!”

Agent DePaul gritted his teeth quietly and gripped the steering wheel to save himself from yelling at her.

“I bet S.H.I.E.L.D has all those kinda toys just sitting on that flying bathtub, but for some reason you think people are too stupid to use it properly!” said Dallas as she fished her phone out of her pocket “And yes, a lot of people are stupid! But who put you in charge of that?”

“The President!” growled DePaul.

“And we voted for the President! So when we get back, you’re going to go get my jetpack!” smiled Dallas as she answered her phone “Hello!”

“So am I moving on Chalmers or what?” asked Molly.

“No idea Molly” replied Dallas “Hasn’t Captain Burdick gotten back to you?”

“Not yet? Something’s happened in the city”

“I think a plane went down or something” said Dallas “But it’s part of the reason I’m sitting in traffic, other part is its New York and traffic is a way of life”

“Well there’s been nothing strange, odd or anything going on at the judges house today” said Molly “Think we’ve missed a perfect opportunity to search his house”

“You could…” Dallas looked over at DePaul “But every suggestion I have is illegal, so just sit tight”

Dallas hung up and turned on the police radio {Code Blue is down! I repeat Code Blue is down!}

Dallas and DePaul looked at each other, then exploded into action. Though most of the department knew Code Blue were headline chasers, but they were cops first, and cops looked after cops. Dallas flipped the sirens and half climbed out the window. DePaul rammed the car in front and then barged his way through the small gap, paint scraping all the way as the occupants yelled abuse.

“MOVE!” yelled Dallas at the angry drivers as DePaul basically rammed his way into a clear path.

I watch the news as I wait to get out of the airport. The X-Men are fighting somebody. Good! Let them, because when the dust clears I will strike again! But because of their fighting, the city is choked with traffic…no matter; I am nothing if not patient.

Dallas and DePaul arrived at the scene. A large ship like thing smashed into the road, a giant black ship similar to the S.H.I.E.L.D aircraft ‘parked’ in midair, police and ambulance officers everywhere. Standing in a group were the X-Men.

DePaul marched over towards the ship “I am Special Agent Alex DePaul of S.H.I.E.L.D! This area is now under quarantine effective immediately!”

Dallas grabbed a patrolman by the shoulders “Explain!”

“Some super freak killed two of our guys, the show pony brigade stepped up and it killed one of theirs as well. The mutant society jumped in and the woman,” he pointed at Storm “Threw him away with a tornado thing”

“What?”

“She waved her hand and whoosh; he flew off like a plastic bag in an updraft”

“Effing idiots!” growled Dallas as she stormed over to them.

“Ororo’s right” said Cyclops “We might have gotten lucky this time around, but Kruun will definitely be looking for blood the next time we meet up with him”

“Hey! HEY! Which one of you idiots is in charge here?” barked Dallas.

“Looks like a job for you, Slim” scoffed Wolverine.

“I am officer” said Cyclops “My…”

“Its detective, shades!” snapped Dallas “Mind telling me what the hell is going on here?”

Cyclops was a little taken aback by her anger “You should calm down detective”

Dallas looked straight at the leader of the X-Men “I beg your pardon? Did you tell me to calm down?”

Beast raised his hand and calmly said “Detective, if you allow me to ex…”

“JESUS!” yelped Dallas “You’ve got a talking dog!”

Beast shook his head. Wolverine stifled a chuckled. Cyclops placed a hand on Dallas’ shoulder.

“We have the matter under control detective” said Scott firmly “I understand you have a job to do, but we have it under control”

Dallas looked at the hand then back at Cyclops “Under control? We have three dead police officers, nobody in custody, god knows how much property damage and now you’ve just committed a common law misdemeanour. What’s your name?”

“Cyclops”

“Real name idiot! I don’t think your mother called you Cyclops, or did she?” said Dallas.

“Scott Summers”

“Was that so hard?”

“I’m glad we’ve cleared this all up” said Scott.

“Not quite,” Dallas clamped a handcuff onto Cyclops’ wrist and quickly twisted it behind his back “Scott Summers you’re under arrest for battery upon a police officer”

SNIKT! SNIKT! Wolverine popped his claws “Not a good idea lady”

“You’re making a mistake detective” said Cyclops firmly “A big mistake”

“You have the right to remain silent” stated Dallas as she tightened the cuffs “Anything you say or do may be used against you in a court of law”

“This does not seem correct” said Colossus slightly bemused by the proceedings.

“You’re next you little ferret!” snapped Dallas “Pulling a knife on a police officer will get you six months!”

“They’re not knives darlin’” growled Wolverine “They’re claws!”

“So I need animal control down here too?” quipped Dallas “You have the right to consult an attorney…”

“Cyclops?” Storm looked to the leader of the X-Men.

“Its fine” said Cyclops as he tensed against the arrest.

“Like hell it is!” snarled Wolverine.

“Oh my stars!” exclaimed Beast “Wolverine…”

“Little busy Hank!”

“Look this way please”

Wolverine turned to see twenty police officers pointing a range of weaponry at the X-Men. The Canadian mutant let out an audible growl.

“We don’t fight the police” said Cyclops “Even when they’re wrong!”

“…answer any questions now, without an attorney present, you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney” continued Dallas with the Miranda Warning “Do you understand?”

Cyclops looked at the situation, if they fought, they ultimately lost. Mutants fighting humans, police officers to boot, in the middle of New York meant that mutants would come off second best. The arresting officer meant well but was going about it the wrong way.

“Stand down!” ordered Scott “I’ll go, the rest of you go track Kruun. Ororo, please get Jack White”

Dallas shoved the cuffed X-Men leader towards a wagon as the other police nervously stood watching the other X-Men.

I know all your secrets. I know where you hide.

I will find you, and I will kill you!

Scourge of the Underworld

“ARE YOU TRYING TO GET FIRED!??” yelled Captain Burdick, the office once again shaking with his all too familiar yelling at Detective Riordan “JESUS DALLAS!”

“Sorry captain” muttered Dallas.

“No Dallas, sorry doesn’t cut it this time!” barked Burdick “You’ve possibly sent human mutant relations back twenty years! Are you a racist?”

“NO!”

“Then why in god’s name did you call Henry McCoy, DOCTOR Henry McCoy a DOG? You arrested the leader of the X-Men for what; he touched you on the arm? Yesterday was a trying day for everyone but to arbitrarily take your frustrations out on not only a mutant but a super hero you’ve put it back to being us and them”

“It is us and them”

“What?”

“It is us and them Captain. They’re not the law…”

“And neither are you Dallas! You’re a servant of, an upholder of! I expect this nonsense from rookies!”

“Since when is vigilantism accepted Captain?” snapped Dallas.

The captain and the detective glared at each other, the tension palpable. Captain Burdick inhaled deeply and slowly exhaled through his teeth “Gun and badge”

“You’re effing kidding me!” yelled Dallas “For arresting a guy who spent less than forty minutes behind bars?”

“Yes and no” replied Burdick “Your error is the icing on the cake, the cake being you haven’t reported to your mandatory counselling sessions, as ordered!”

“I’ve been trying to catch a serial killer! I get hauled across the country by that idiot…”

“ENOUGH!” roared Captain Burdick “Gun and badge. You’re suspended for a week on full pay!”

“Why not make it two!” snapped Dallas slamming her gun on the desk.

“Don’t press me Dallas” warned Burdick.

“I’m going to call the union!” growled Dallas “I’m doing my effing job and this is how I get rewarded. Maybe I should put on a mask and swing about the city; you’ll probably give me a medal!”

“GO HOME!” yelled Burdick. Dallas stormed out of his office, slamming the door behind her causing the glass the shatter.

Molly Von Richtofen sat beside Dallas at The Fallen Angel Tavern; several glasses of wine in various stages of emptiness filled the table.

“It’s a joke!” laughed Dallas “An effing joke!”

“A week off at full pay, oh the hardships” replied Molly.

“When have I had time to go see the shrink huh?”

Molly shrugged and poured Dallas another glass “I get it. Now, what was it like?”

“What was what like?” asked Dallas.

“Arresting one of the pyjama people” smiled Molly.

“Felt good, felt right” stated Dallas as she sipped her glass “I wish it was the Punisher though. I know he’s an ex-cop but…”

“Like you could actually stop crime by shooting it!” laughed Molly “People like Castle think the second amendment is a way of life!”

“Someone should go down to the Kingpin’s penthouse and shoot him in the face!” declared Dallas “Hey Frank! FRANK! Where are you Frank? Fisk Tower! Go do something useful instead of shooting pimps and gangbangers!”

“Okay” said Molly “Time to go home, you’ve had enough”

“Two in the back of the head! BOOM! BOOM!” yelled Dallas as Molly half dragged; half carried her to the door “Take out the source!”

Molly and Dallas got out to the street, Molly waving for a cab “Is that a zombie?” asked Dallas as five people entered the tavern. A cab pulled up and Molly bundled Dallas into it.

“Zombies huh?” smiled Molly “Most people see elephants when they’re drunk. See you in a week”

#2 Posted by ImpurestCheese (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrest the ferret. LOL. Have always wanted to see somebody stand up to the clawed menace, thanks for making what has frankly been a miserable day a little brighter.

#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome story!! I loved the way you wrote Cyclops and Wolverine!!!

#4 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: “You’re next you little ferret!” snapped Dallas “Pulling a knife on a police officer will get you six months!”

“They’re not knives darlin’” growled Wolverine “They’re claws!”

“So I need animal control down here too?” quipped Dallas “You have the right to consult an attorney…”

Bwhahahahahahaha! That is priceless

#5 Posted by batkevin74 (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

@impurestcheese: @4donkeyjohnson: Thanks, I felt it was about time someone stood up and told Canada's finest where he can stick it! Something tells me Dallas could take him! :)

@rabbitearsblog: Thanks for letting me borrow your guys for a cameo...now go get Kruun!

#6 Posted by ImpurestCheese (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Dallas for the win!!! :-)

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog: Thanks for letting me borrow your guys for a cameo...now go get Kruun!

You're welcome and don't worry, the X-Men will get him!

#8 Posted by batkevin74 (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

@impurestcheese: My goal is to have Dallas interract with every Mayhem character in some way. She interviewed Melissa, called Kingpin fat, arrested an X-Men, a subtle spotting of the Secret Defenders...may have her take down Frank Castle :) But first she has to catch Scourge!

#9 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by batkevin74 (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog: Yeah, Dallas complains he spent less than 40mins behind bars

#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog: Yeah, Dallas complains he spent less than 40mins behind bars

Oh! So now I could explain this in my next chapter! :D

#12 Posted by batkevin74 (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, easy enough to do.

"Were they gentle?" sniggered Wolverine as Cyclops joined the X-Men aboard the Blackbird after his brush with the law.

"Grow up" groaned Cyclops "Have you located Kruun?"

"Not yet Scott," said Beast as he analysed data on the Blackbird's computers "Though calculating trajectory, windspeed and estimated maximum movement of a bipedal such as Kruun and point of impact, our target range is...eighty miles"

"We've lost time thanks to that woman" said Cyclops "Wolverine, hit the ground and see if you can track his scent; Beast we need radar, sonar any kind of tracking; Storm in the air, Peter try and get a hold of Emma"

"What are you going to do?" asked Wolverine as he suited up.

"Someone's gotta fly the ship"

“You’re effing kidding me!” yelled Dallas “For arresting a guy who spent less than forty minutes behind bars?”

#13 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, easy enough to do.

"Were they gentle?" sniggered Wolverine as Cyclops joined the X-Men aboard the Blackbird after his brush with the law.

"Grow up" groaned Cyclops "Have you located Kruun?"

"Not yet Scott," said Beast as he analysed data on the Blackbird's computers "Though calculating trajectory, windspeed and estimated maximum movement of a bipedal such as Kruun and point of impact, our target range is...eighty miles"

"We've lost time thanks to that woman" said Cyclops "Wolverine, hit the ground and see if you can track his scent; Beast we need radar, sonar any kind of tracking; Storm in the air, Peter try and get a hold of Emma"

"What are you going to do?" asked Wolverine as he suited up.

"Someone's gotta fly the ship"

@batkevin74 said:

Thanks!!

#14 Edited by batkevin74 (10868 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by ekrolo (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Haven't had the time lately but Ill read it as soon as I can and tell you what I think.

#17 Posted by ekrolo (434 posts) - - Show Bio

This series feels very 90s or 80s Cop TV show or movie in the way some of the characters act and talk here, I like the way you incorporate big stuff like the X-Men and SHIELD into what usually would be a small scale detective story. Dallas however comes off as a hot headed idiot and her personality seems very... erratic to me. One minute she seems like shes doing her job and the next shes screwing around during an investigation.

#18 Edited by batkevin74 (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

@ekrolo: Dallas is human, hence the mistakes. She gets a bee in her bonnet about super people

Thanks for reading

#19 Posted by wildvine (9938 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 I gotta ask about the zombie ref. That was not Garth was it?

#20 Edited by batkevin74 (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

@batkevin74 I gotta ask about the zombie ref. That was not Garth was it?

No that is a ref to Secret Defenders. Cody looks like zombie and Molly & Dallas are drinking in the same bar where Secret Defenders...I like to try to subtly cross and tie all things together, sometimes no a direct cameo but nods to what is happening in and around the universe, tying it all together