Marvel Mayhem: Operation Whitewater #4 (of 5)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Impurest Cheese & Marvel Mayhem Presents: Operation Whitewater #4 (of 5)

For Marvel Mayhem visit the Library or visit the Group’s Facebook Page

Forgot to read Issue #3? - Click Here to Catch Up

Blackwell and the remains of his team stopped halfway down the staircase as the sound of a door being kicked open above them rung up and down the room. Seconds later a guttural scream sounded and a man dressed in blue jetted off the top of the stairwell and flew towards them, knives duct taped to his hands. Calmly Blackwell drew his pistol and fired twice, the first shot blowing up the man’s left rocket boot and the second drilling through his head, the force of the bullet sending him ricocheting off the stairs all the way to the bottom of the shaft.

”Which one was that?” Blackwell asked as the remaining members chortled as the sound of a broken body hitting the floor radiated up the staircase.

“Blue Streak judging by the costume.” Lee answered as T’Kana cut through a door marked to In-Patient processing. “Although he’s not on the lists.”

No Caption Provided

“Then we don't have to worry about recriminations for killing the little s**t.” Blackwell reassured the rest of his team. “From what the Orb told us we don't have much time before this AIDS cartel awakens the Raft’s deadliest inmate from cold storage.”

“We can deal with whatever this prison throws at us.” T’Kana snorted. “It’s why Code Black exists. To deal with the problems Blue is too weak to complete and that the capes are too moral to end.” She announced as the team left the stairwell not noticing the open door on the landing below them and the three criminals gathered around Blue Streak’s fallen body.

“Blue Streak?” The armoured figure of the Raider asked confusion creeping into his voice. “Wasn't he killed by Scourge?”

“He was.” A second voice added as the bald man dressed in purple placed his gatling gun on the ground. “But no name hacks like this always inspire someone new to pick up the costume and keep the name alive. This guy looks as if was forced into the suit however.”

“How do you know that Trapster?” The burning form of Firebrand asked, wisps of smoke and cinders radiating off the armour he wore.

“This dart belongs to Mindstorm, that creep that works for Klaw and his science squad.” The Trapster announced as he removed a barbed dart from Blue Streak’s neck. “The guy would be rabid and brain dead within twenty minutes of being dosed up. Cops did him a favour.”

“Well let’s make sure that they don’t offer the same courtesy to us.” Raider hissed. “You heard the Devil Spider these guys need to be taken out and soon.”

“Amen to that brother.” Firebrand wheezed. “Bad enough what MACH IV did to my mentor but it'd be worse to be killed by those p****s. Let’s light them up and get out of here before reinforcements arrive.”

“Curd!!” Spear yelled as the group of villains slipped into the medical ward and slammed the reinforced door shut and placed there weight against it, the room shaking as the monstrous form of ‘Cuda tried to force his way in.

“There’s an automatic door lock.” Longbow grunted as the door shifted a fraction only for Dreadknight to stick his lance out the door and fire an energy blast into Cuda’s chest. “Okay let’s get security up and running again.” She stated as she typed rapidly on the keyboard, the sound of tapping drowned out by a feral roar from outside.

No Caption Provided

“Any time now would be good Lady Hawkeye.” Oriole hissed as he and the other villains shuddered as Cuda head butted the door.

“It’s not activating!!” Longbow screamed as Cuda pushed the door open only to be jabbed in the hand by Spear. “Someone is…is actively locking us out of the system.”

“Speaking of locking.” Slyde grunted as he tried to force the automatic lock to move. “Lock and Load.” He ordered as Cuda threw the door open knocking the other aside like nine pins. Before he could advance further a shot rang out and Cuda slammed into the floor, blood welling up from the wound in the back of his head.

“Who?” Oriole asked as Slyde peered round the door before slamming it shut. “Well that was rude!”

“That was Scourge.” Slyde stated, the other villains faces turning sheet white. “He’s hunting us. Something about stealing equipment and resources from AIDS to use back on the main land.”

“Yeah about that.” Oriole chirped. “I kind of promised an outside source that I'd get her a weapon from inside the Raft. It’s why I joined up with the Jester in the first place, it was a sure fire way to get inside this prison.”

“What weapons?!” Slyde snarled as he and the others turned to face Oriole.

“The Ultra-Adaptoid.” Oriole replied, a forced smile across his face.

“Wait isn't it just the Super-Adaptoid?” Longbow asked.

“Nah Super is so 1966.” Oriole hissed, “Doesn't matter Klaw and AIDS has it in their possession and are doing who knows what to it.”

No Caption Provided

“If that gets off the island then it’s going to cause a lot of damage.” Slyde stated. “We need to stop these guys. Now who is with me?”

“I’m with you.” Spear answered. “I've got no grudge against Klaw, no love for the authorities and can’t give a dam about what AIM or anyone else is doing but I don’t want innocent people to get hurt by this thing. Not if we could stop this Ultra Adaptoid here.”

“So am I.” Longbow added. “But we're going to have to hit them hard and fast.”

“Looks like we're lost.” Lee sighed. “We haven't seen a prisoner for hours.” She stated as Blackwell walked down into a processing corridor covered with a thin layer of sand.

“Wait.” T’Kana whispered as she looked down at the sand. “This is wrong.”

“Form up!!” Blackwell bellowed. “Defensive circle now!” He ordered as the ground shook to the sound of footsteps. Seconds later the reinforced door at the end of the hall buckled before being thrown across the room towards the Code Black team, the heavy projectile scattering them as a torrent of super criminals poured into the room.

“Be careful what you wish for.” T’Kana snarled as the Rhino charged in and slashed out with his axe only for T’Kana to meet him blade to blade, her arms buckling as her opponent overpowered her before backhanding her away. Spinning around Lee fired a shot with her anti-material round into the monster’s arm, the bullet ripping through armour, flesh and bone before exiting at the elbow and flying into the wall behind. In response the Rhino just snorted and vectored in on her, steam venting from the breach in his armoured exoskeleton.

“That….that did nothing.” Lee gasped as Cockroach Hamilton leapt from the side railings and tackled Blackwell to the floor before being pushed away as the Code Black Officer struggled to his feet.

“We have other problems.” Blackwell yelled as Firebrand pushed past the Rhino and ignited the railings, a ring of fire boxing the Code Black team in. “Head’s up we have more incoming.” He added as the Trapster climbed up the wall and adhered his boots to the ceiling. With a grunt Blackwell fired a riot control round at the thug, the thick heavy grenade impacting with the villain’s head and sending him flailing to the floor.

No Caption Provided

“We must get out of the fire.” T’Kana stated as Deathshield barrelled through the wall of flames and slammed into her, the force of the impact staggering her for a second until she slammed her axe down on the villain’s shield. As the Vibranium of each item collided; a concussive wave of sound ringing out from the blow throwing both T’Kana and Deathshield to opposite ends of the room from each other. Blackwell shook his head, his ears ringing as he spotted a door to his right slide open. Taking a deep breath he jumped through the fire and barrelled into the next room with T’Kana taking the same route as him seconds later. As she got inside the door slammed shut leaving Lee alone with the assorted super criminals.

“What about Lee?” T’Kana asked as Blackwell shook his head and started down the maintenance corridor.

“Leave her.” Blackwell ordered as Lee’s screams broke through the silence. “The mission is more important than her life.”

Devil Spider counted his troops as they arrived back as they dragged what remained of Lee’s corpse into the room. He noticed that the Red Vulture had blood around his face suggesting he had won the rites to the Code Black officer’s body.

“You all have come to me from somewhere!!” Devil Spider boomed as he turned his gaze on the Rhino and the Trapster. “Some were loyal from the beginning,” he said before turning to where Indali reclined on a bench, a lusty smile spread across her lips as she ran her hand down a hooded figure standing among the crowd of villains. “Others joined later but when it comes down to it only one of you is a traitor!!”

“But boss none of us would never…” Rhino grunted as Devil Spider removed the bayonet mine from his eye to reveal a gaping empty socket where the blade had been.

“You wouldn't but I can't say the same to you.” He hissed coldly as he threw the mine at the hooded figure who caught the weapon in mid-flight. “Last time we met you tried to kill me.”

“This time I will.” Demogoblin hissed as he shucked his cloak. “There’s only room for one of us to live on this world. And that one is me!!!”

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Poor Lee :(

I anxiously look forward to chapter 4!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: “Leave her.” Blackwell ordered as Lee’s screams broke through the silence. “The mission is more important than her life.”

Cold. Ice water in his veins.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers