Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Continues from: Marvel Mayhem: New York's Finest S2 #1

Marvel Mayhem: New York's Finest S2 #2 and Marvel Mayhem: New York's Finest S2 #3

Sunshine Estate, Bridgeport Connecticut

“What’s happened?” said James Riordan as he closed the door behind the policewoman. “Is she okay?”

The bald policewoman gazed the small home of the former New York City cop in his early seventies and smiled “Oh you’re daughter’s fine for now, Mr Riordan.”

“But you said there’d been an accident?” James looked at the woman intently.

In a quick motion she pulled out a taser and fired it into his chest sending him into an electric spasm. The old man gasped like a fish, flailing on the floor as his muscles shuddered from the voltage. “There has been an accident. It’s you.”

James attempted to grab his phone but the woman stomped down on his wrist, his forearm bone cracking from the force. A guttural scream started from his mouth only to be silenced by a rag doused in chloroform. Within a few seconds he was out. She then cuffed him and tossed him onto the lounge and made a call.

“What?” snapped the gruff voice on the end of the phone.

“This is Tanuta Umboth…”

“I KNOW WHO YOU ARE YOU SILLY BALD %$^#!”

Tanuta rubbed her ear “I have the woman’s…”

“SHUT UP! OH MY GOD! I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE PROFESSIONAL? NOTHING OVER THE PHONE YOU &^%$!”

The line went dead. Tanuta threw the phone against the wall in frustration. “Seems I’m going to him, stupid fat headed rock ape! Last time I freelance for him. Come on you.” She hauled the unconscious Riordan to his feet. “Normally I only teleport myself, this may go badly for you old man.”

And with that there was a bright explosion of light and they were gone.

Fireheart Hotel, Yonkers

“DON’T MOVE PASTE-POT!” yelled Rassitano as he spotted the fugitive sneaking away from the hotel room where Officer Z.E.R.O had just crashed through.

No Caption Provided

“I’M THE TRAPSTER!” yelled Pete as he threw the snacks into the air and ducked for cover.

“Code: Blue, I have eyes on the suspect.” Rassitano relayed to the team via comms “He’s in the car park on your right taking cover behind a white Chrysler Le Baron. Suspect appears unarmed and wearing love heart boxer shorts, I repeat love heart boxer shorts.”

“Copy that!” said Rigger as she moved back to the smashed door and scoped around the corner. “Z.E.R.O secure the room, Jackson follow me.”

Petruski looked at the snacks and confectionary on the ground, his mind doing acrobatic calculations. He was a genius level chemist but the items he’d chosen were for eating rather than self protection. “Call me Paste Pot one more time,” he grumbled as he popped the top on the soda bottle.

OCU, One Police Plaza

“This isn’t going to work,” said Dallas as she looked at Jessica. “Seriously it throws off the whole thing.”

No Caption Provided

“What thing?” Jessica asked.

“I know it’s only for today but who ever heard of a dynamic trio?”

“There was a Terrible Tri…oh,” said Molly before realising she was helping Dallas.

“My point exactly!” Dallas exclaimed “So Deputy Dre…”

“I’ve had just about enough!” Jessica snapped and walked right up into Dallas’ face “Do you want to fight me? Will that make you happy?”

“Okay girls, let’s just settle down,” Molly eased as she stepped between the two.

“Let her go Molly,” Dallas said confidently.

“I could knock you thro…” Jessica paused. She’d gone head to head with super powered Skrulls; she’d been tortured by HYDRA; she’d passed Nick Fury’s personal endurance tests to join SHIELD. And somehow this redheaded policewoman had gotten under her skin so badly in such a short space of time that she was about to blow her cover and punch her through several walls, maybe even Venom blast her. She was like a mean unfunny female Deadpool!

“That IS ENOUGH!” shouted Captain D’Angelo, the sound making all within earshot take notice. “Lieutenant Von Richthofen, would you kindly explain to me what is going on?”

Molly’s eyes flicked between the pair who were staring daggers at each other. “They were just debating whether…you’d take Bushmaster to prison or to an animal shelter if you arrested him, sir.”

“Really?” D’Angelo scratched his head, pondering the problem himself.

“Yes sir!” Dallas & Jessica said in unison.

“Is he under arrest right now?”

“No sir!” They all replied.

“Then let’s not worry about it shall we. Don’t you have some actual police work to do instead?” D’Angelo said pointing to the wall of open cases the OCU were dealing with.

Molly muttered out the corner of her mouth “If you two keep acting like this, I will knock your heads together. I’m a police officer not a baby sitter!” She smiled at Captain D’Angelo “We’re all good sir.”

New York Downtown Hospital, 170 William St

“So what’s the verdict doc?” Hobie Brown asked Dr Imogen Janssen who looked at the young man in the wheelchair.

Imogen shook her head and Hobie unconsciously slumped in the chair “Not good I’m afraid Mr Brown. It’s a miracle you’re alive. You fell off a fifteen storey building after having both your arms broken and something jammed into your spinal column. Add that to me hitting you with my car as you tried to escape whoe…”

“Bullseye,” stated Hobie coldly. “Bullseye did this.”

“Okay, well he did quite a number on you. Whatever he hit you in the spine knicked the spinal cord which is why your legs don’t work,” said Imogen. “Your arms have healed nicely, and you didn’t get an infection from the twelve units of blood we had to transfuse into you which is also good news, but I’m sorry to say…you’re paralysed from the waist down.”

Hobie screamed and thrashed his arms like a child. Dr Janssen felt nothing but sorry for him, especially since she was the one who hit him with her car but in doing so probably saved his life. That along with the remarkable life saving surgery Dr Elias Wirtham performed on him.

Imogen waited until the yelling and tears had subsided. “Mr Brown. Mr Brown. I am sorry.”

Hobie wiped his face “What about my…”

Dr Janssen pulled a large bag up from under her desk the contained his bloodied Prowler costume, “Your secret is safe Mr Brown. Both Dr Wirtham and I are bound by doctor patient confidentiality so whatever you chose to do at night is your business. All of your gear is here.”

“Burn it!” said Hobie coldly as he spun his wheelchair around towards the door. “Who ever heard of a crippled super hero?”

Fireheart Hotel, Yonkers

Pete Petruski aka The Trapster scavenged on the ground of the car park as Andrew Jackson came up on him.

“You’re under arrest glue boy!” said Jackson as he trained his Taser pistol on him.

“I don’t think so pig!” growled Trapster as he tossed the bottle of soda at him. Jackson instinctively caught it.

“You’re attacking me with fizzy cola?”

Trapster smiled as the bottle exploded on cue, the candies reacting with the carbonated sugar plus the rocks made for a sticky and effective IED. Jackson fell backwards. Trapster scooped up the loose gun when wham, he got hit in the face with a beanbag. He tried to steady himself when another collected him in the throat.

“On your knees!” yelled Rigger as she cocked her shotgun as she covered her partner. Coughing and spluttering Pete turned to run and was caught midway by Lieutenant Stone who back slammed the criminal onto the pavement in a textbook manoeuvre from Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation.

“You okay Jackson?” Stone asked as he flipped Pete over and cuffed him.

“Yes sir,” he replied as he wiped the soda from his eyes.

“SECURE THE AREA!” barked Stone as he hauled Petruski to his feet. “Now, where are your friends?”

OCU, One Police Plaza

“Is she just going to ignore me?” Jessica asked Molly.

The lieutenant nodded, “Probably. She’s a bit childish sometimes.”

“I heard that!” Dallas called from across the room as she rummaged through her desk. “And yes Jessica I’m ignoring you before I slap you and get suspended.”

No Caption Provided

-You and what army? Seriously I can bench press a truck and take a punch from The Grey Gargoyle. Unless you’re mainlining mutant growth hormone AND got super powers this morning, I’d knock your head off!-

Jessica just smiled at her inner monologue which only antagonised Dallas more. “Something funny, Deputy Drew?”

“Yeah, just wondering if you’ll land on your head or your butt if I kick you out a window.”

Dallas straightened up “I don’t know what your effing condition is, but I bet it’s hard to pronounce.”

Molly stifled a laugh at their spat that left both of them a tad stunned. Molly grabbed the keys Dallas was looking for off her desk where Dallas had tossed them and dangled them in the air. “We have to go pick by Dominic Barzalotti from Metro-General.”

“Shotgun!” yelled Dallas.

Store-It 4U, Warehouse 17D, Yonkers

Blue Streak sat on some crates of Aqirian dates as he watched his fellow escapees with a cold dead stare that was at times unnerving, like he was staring through them.

I hide in plain sight again.

This time I run with the dogs who do evil instead of sitting at my typewriter listening and recording their disgusting crimes. All of them WILL die by my hand, I just have to pick my moments as I am outnumbered and in close proximity to them.

Hobgoblin, Demogoblin, Oriole, Rhino, Indalli and Trapster. All escaped from The Raft, all deserve death for their crimes! Trapster should prove the easiest to pick off, but there are too many eyes. Until then I bide my time hiding as The Blue Streak as they make their plans.

And I make mine!

Hell’s Kitchen Motel

No Caption Provided

Daniel Jimenez paced the room back and forth in the filthy hotel. The whole place was held together by defect notices, rat faeces and sheer luck. He was undercover, taking up the identity of Slyde aka Jalome Beacher, and now on the run with Jasper Daniels aka Spear, who at the moment was having a shower. They’d broken out of The Raft and according to the news armed and extremely dangerous. He needed to make contact with someone, anyone at One PP, to advise them of the situation.

“That is the most disgusting thing,” said Spear as he emerged from the ensuite wrapped in a mangy towel. “It was like washing in a toilet. The showers at The Raft were cleaner and that’s saying something.”

“Can’t believe you went in there,” Daniel said pointing to the grime coated tiles and rust stained toilet. Daniel watched Spear bounce onto the squeaky bed that would only be clean if it was set on fire. Spear’s costume was lying in a pile at the foot of the bed. He wondered if he could take him out quick enough because if he couldn’t, Daniel would be on the wrong end of a sharp point stick.

“You gaying out on me?” asked Spear snapping Daniel out of his daydream.

“NO!” shouted Daniel.

“Well stop staring at me, you’re creeping me out.”

Daniel sat down on the dirty sofa car “Turn the TV on.”

Spear smiled and flicked the remote, the television slowly hummed to life. Images of a woman cradling something in her arms, as paramedics loaded someone else into an ambulance at JFK airport that was smouldering from some sort of attack.

“Holy $#!t that’s the Fantastic bitch!” Spear shouted at the screen.

“Is that…her kid?” Daniel asked as the camera wobbled and showed a large orange rock man thumping off towards the ambulance.

“Something big is going down,” said Spear and the pair watched the news in stunned silence.

To be continued....

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Well you've done it now. You've gone from the Brilliant Bat Kevin to the Bombastic Brilliant Bat Kevin. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this issue. Be it the Terrible Tri...oh, Trapster's IED, Spear bringing the filth or the return of Scourge this title is full of the amazing.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: To quote Inigo Montoya 'There will be blood tonight!'

I was going to send Code: Blue to JFK since it's a crime scene/superhero warzone thing next chapter but need to check with you so it doesn't infringe on your story, possibly even the girls aka Dallas, Molly & Jessica

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers