Marvel Mayhem: New York's Finest S2 #7

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Continued from Parts 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 with more in the library.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

“Really?” scoffed Dallas as she calmly went to her bedside drawer for her gun.

“I’m not kidding,” snapped Tanata holding up Dallas’ firearm. “They’re going to kill him.”

“My father would punch the effin…” Dallas stopped as a familiar black square sailed through the air and she caught it. It was her father’s wallet. Faded black leather, tattered around the edges from a lifetime of use. Dallas remembered when she bought this for him almost two decades ago when her mother was still alive. Dallas gripped the wallet tightly.

Tanata folded her arms defiantly “So?”

“You start explaining right now or I will crack your bald head open like an egg!” Dallas said with a simmering rage that was almost electric.

“Money first.”

Dallas glared at the woman “I’m a public servant, do you think I have that kind of money lying around? Not only are you bald but you’re also stupid! Try Tony Stark if you want cash in a flash.”

“Clock’s ticking.”

Dallas looked at the woman and noticed the bruising on her neck. “That’s pretty nasty,” She pointed at the welt “Look like hand prints actually. Only a few people in town I know have fat hands like that. Kingpin is one, but if this was something Wilson did I’d be dead by now. The Wrecker is another but he’s not into shakedowns. There’s Hulk but you won’t have a head if he did that. Maybe that metallic Russian kid, nah he’s one of the X-Idiots…Hammerhead.” Dallas watched Tanata actually shudder at the sound of his name. “You working for Hammerhead?”

“Time’s about up.”

Dallas looked down at her bedside table and reached for the drawer “Will you take a cheque?”

“I’m not pl…” Tanata didn’t get to finish as the wooden drawer flew at her head. She easily dodge but it was merely a distraction as Dallas charged in, bounced off the bed and shoulder barged her into the wall with a thud, her head cracking off the concrete. Dallas drove her knees into Tanata’s solar plexus and pinned her to the ground. Then she broke her nose with a savage strike followed by a barrage of punches to the face.

“Where’s my dad?” Dallas roared at the semi conscious woman. “I swear to effing Christ I will end you!”

Tanata’s eyes rolled back into her head as blood seeped from her nose. Dallas grabbed her by the cheeks and shook her face. “Don’t you pass out on me bitch! WHERE’S MY DAD?!”

No Caption Provided

Apartment 2000, W 150th St, NYC

Molly sat up, stretched and kissed Amy on the forehead before getting out of bed. Amy groaned nonsensically burying her face into the pillow. As Molly looked down she noticed the odd, flesh coloured patch on Amy’s side.

“What’s…that?” Molly asked as she pulled back the covers. Amy woke up and pulled the sheets close.

“Nicotine patch”

Asides from being a detective, Molly wasn’t stupid. “The size of sandwich? It looks like medical gauze. Did y…”

“I’ve got to go.” Amy exited the bed wearing the sheet like a toga.

“Hey!” Molly blocked her path. “What’s going on?”

Amy sidestepped her, entered the bathroom and slammed the door “YOU WOULDN’T UNDERSTAND!”

Molly Von Richthofen stood there dumbfounded trying to process what was happening.

One Police Plaza

No Caption Provided

“I know you’re new here, and you got partnered up with Detective Riordan,” Captain Blake Burdick paused as he looked Jessica Drew up and down “But vanishing whilst on duty is a breach of procedure, protocol and totally unacceptable!”

“I’m sorry,” Jessica replied. She had gone to see if there was anything she could do for Susan Storm in the aftermath of her daughter getting killed. Trying to explain that and the fact she was Spider-Woman, undercover in the NYPD on orders from the President as part of his Super Crime policy rollout.

“I expect this kind of thing from Dallas, not newbie’s who have been on the job less than a day,” Burdick pointed to the chair. “Now sit and tell me.”

Jessica slowly got into the chair. She preferred it at SHIELD where she was her own boss. “My…brother had an overdose.”

Burdick folded his arms “Really? What’s his name?”

Jessica looked up at Blake blankly. He shook his head as he picked her file up off his desk. “According to this you’re an only child. Also I watched your eyes go up and to the right to access the part of your brain where we do our lying. So cut the b#!!$h!t and tell me!”

“My friend had a miscarriage okay!” Jessica blurted out; it was a lie but it pretty darn close to the truth. “She called and I went. It’s what friends do.”

“I understand,” Blake said offering over the box of tissues “But MY police officers don’t just go awol, they tell someone where they are going at least. I get that we have lives outside of the uniform but to walk off the job.”

“I’m sorry sir,” Jessica genuinely felt bad and hung her head. That along with the recent tragic events she stifled the tears welling in her eyes.

“It’s okay,” eased Burdick “But if you ever do it again you’ll be a crossing guard, do you understand?”

“Yes sir,”

“Now,” Blake moved over to make some coffee. “Where are your two chaperones?”

“I have rights!” declared Pete Petruski as he flew into the holding cell. Lieutenant Stone closed the cage behind him.

Stone checked it was locked. “Yes, yes you do. Which is why you are here in the cage instead of where I found you!”

“I’ll have your badge!” Pete snarled. Stone looked over the top of his glasses at Petruski who paced back and forward at the back of the small cage, eyeballing the leader of Code: Blue.

“Really?” With a deft click he opened the holding cell. “Anytime you’re ready Paste Pot.” Stone took two steps into the cage and Petruski stopped dead in his tracks. “Didn’t think so. A phone call will be provided for you shortly.”

Stone slammed the cage and stalked back to room seven where Detectives Ortega and Kucharsky were laying unconscious.

No Caption Provided

They are stupid, retarded children!

I nearly managed to kill Oriole by toppling a stack of crates onto him but all it did was manage to scare him. I don’t want to scare him.

I WANT HIM DEAD!

But bide my time I must.

To be continued…

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Love the bit about the X-Idiots, but what has Amy been up too? Also I wonder how much grief Oriole and Scourge could get in if it came down to it?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Well Amy's been in Mbangawi and got shot (see here) and then obviously come home.

As for Oriole Vs Scourge, my money's on Scourge

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: My money is on Oriole (remember the punishment he's been through before) and then tell me Scourge can keep him down indefinitely + he was at Diamondback and 8-Balls wedding in the future

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: That was Scourge dressed as Oriole to infiltrate the wedding and kill all the guests...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: No because he took a stilleto to the head and survived. Plus he warned Diamondback to run, Scourge doesn't do that.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump in the hopes of getting attention and the next issue

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm only a few chapters into this, but catching up is next on my to-do list. Loving the character interactions so far.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've finally caught up with this excellent series. It feels like in each installment there are at least 3 moments (whether an internal character beat, a detail of description, a zinging line of dialogue) that make me think "that is REALLY nicely done."

Paste Pot Pete and Code Blue are two oddball favorites of fine, so there is definitely a Reese's cup effect there. I'm not too familiar with Scourge or Oriole, so I struggle a bit with those pieces. But I'm very much looking forward to more of this story. Thanks!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wim_garnet: Glad you like it, gotta get back into this