ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: New Thunderbolts #26 - One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

All characters are owned by Marvel Comics apart from Ossuary.

For more Marvel Mayhem try checking out the Library or the Group's Facebook Page

Missed Last Issue? Check it out here

Abe opened his eyes and watched as the ‘low residual charge’ warning flashed on his visor. His armour had been frozen by Paralyzer’s residual blast and the Madripoorian guards had taken the opportunity to contain him. Standing across from him, his head drooped and an intravenous drip plugged into his arm was Orka, it was clear from his lack of movement that his captors had taken extra precautions to keep the Atlantean Super Soldier contained.

“You awaken,” A Hispanic voice stated sadly, “then it is almost time.” It added as a man dressed in forest camouflage combats overlaid with a silver and gold breastplate, his hand gripping a shield that glowed purple in the low light.

No Caption Provided

“You, you're the Defender of something like that.” Abe groaned as he looked the man up and down. “You’re meant to be a hero right?”

“I am Defensor or I was before I brought shame to my friends and my country.” Defensor replied. “I was in battle with a local crime boss known as the Black Tarantula when it happened; one of his energy blasts hit my shield and caused a sonic feedback. Seven people died because of me and now I seek to repay their families with my own demise.”

“Why? Accidents happen, their deaths, while tragic are not your fault.” Abe lectured, “And killing yourself is not the answer.”

“Ah but that is the job of my foe in the next bout, a massive brute by the name of Ossuary.” Defensor answered glumly. “I would aid you but both you and your friend are too heavy to move. All I can offer is a prayer for your souls after your executions and before my own.” He added as he walked to the open portcullis leaving Abe and Orka alone in their cells.

“He’s a little glum.” A voice stated as Ghost stuck his head out of Abe’s chest. “Fear not help is here. Right now I'm boosting you're armour’s internal charge, in just a few minutes you should be able to move again.”

“How long have you been here Ghost?” Abe asked harshly as Ghost drifted over to Orka and placed a hand on the Atlantean’s chest.

“Long enough to see Grindhouse and Caiman double-team the pair of you.” Ghost answered. “Hmm, Orka won’t be awake soon, better we leave him here when we make our escape.”

“Not a chance!” Abe snapped as the charging bar slowly crept past 20%. “I fail to believe that Zemo didn’t send Songbird with you as well. Either we all get out or none of us do.” He added before flexing his muscles and breaking the chains, with a loud clang.

“That could have gone more smoothly.” Ghost sighed as he phased into the floor. “Ah and here comes one of the fighters.” He added as a tall man dressed in ornate Asian armour and holding a long handled scythe walked in. Within twelve paces the MACH V armour was already screaming an inaudible warning about increased mystical and cosmic energy.

”What is going on here?” The man with the scythe asked. “Why are you awake?”

“Good questions Sickle.” A cold voice stated from behind the warrior. “Did the Mandarin teach you to be that stupid or are you just a natural.” Ghost hissed as he plunged a hand through Sickle’s chest and sent a massive electrical discharge up the man’s spine. Within seconds the man was convulsing on the floor, occasional sparks running up and down his body.

No Caption Provided

“Now who’s being loud?” Abe asked snidely. “Is he going to be okay?”

“As soon as his neurons stop misfiring he will be.” Ghost answered. “We still have several more fighters to deal with, but none are more hazardous then the Paralyzer, luckily for you I placed your armour’s energy network on an oscillating frequency to prevent power blackout’s again.”

Abe nodded before stiffly walking out into the arena where the remaining fighters were assembled, all looking up at the Dragoness as she hyped up the crowd for the coming blood bath. Rolling his eyes Abe watched as Ghost vanished before walking up behind the reptilian form of Caiman and slugging the villain in the face, the blow sending him rolling into the assembled fighter’s in-front of him. “That was for Orka!”

“Well looks like someone is back for round two!” The Dragoness boomed through the microphone she was holding. “Paralyzer end this now.” She bellowed as the crab clawed mutant stepped forward and fired a beam of energy at Abe only to see a mini missile come flying back towards him, the blast knocking him back into the wall. The other fighters just stood there slack jawed for a few seconds before coming to their senses and charging Abe. Taking to the air Abe watched as the majority stopped and looked up at him with a mixture of annoyance and anger, their faces causing Abe to release a short chuckle before watching as a purple fireball flew up at him.

“Look out MACH V.” A voice screamed as a sonic shield formed around the ball of fire.

“Thanks Mel.” Abe stated as he and Songbird landed in the middle of the arena. “Okay so you take the three on the left and I’ll take the three on the right.” He stated as Caiman came charging in at him.

“Only if you think you can handle it.” Songbird answered playfully as Grindhouse and a teenage woman wearing torn leathered clothes charged her. Deftly Songbird spun past Grindhouse before kicking the knife the second woman held out of her hand. With a primal scream the woman jumped on her back and removed a second knife only to be shook off.

“Damm it Kraven-ette.” Grindhouse hissed as she swung a barbed wire whip at Songbird. “If you can’t even handle the b***h let me have a go.”

“Please Grindhouse you must be joking.” Abe snorted as he jabbed Caiman in the gut. “Your no threat, not against serious players.” He added as the Headhunter came running at him armed with his usual cleaver and sword only for Abe to knock Caiman back, the reptilian mutant crushing the smaller man under his weight. “Mel you okay?”

“Fine!” Songbird snorted as she kicked Grindhouse in the face. “Okay who’s next?” She asked as Ossuary charged at the pair of Thunderbolts, his body glowing with purple flame. Rolling their eyes Abe and Melissa fired a flurry of missiles and sonic daggers at the charging golem, only for their projectiles to bounce off or explode harmlessly off his thick hide. Seconds later the pair were diving for cover as Ossuary charged past like a freight train, before colliding with the arena wall, the whole building swaying precariously.

“Any ideas?” Melissa asked as Ghost reappeared next to Defensor, the former hero watching the fight with interest.

“Hmm just one.” Ghost murmured as Ana Kraven and Headhunter looked at each other before throwing their weapons at the intangible Thunderbolt. “Both of you had better get behind cover.” He added as Defensor blocked the thrown knives.

“Use my shield.” He stated as he ran over to Abe and Melissa, stopping only to smash Caiman in the face as he stirred on the floor.

“Why the charge in heart?” Abe asked as Ossuary charged towards them again. Defensor didn't answer and only pointed to where Ghost was holding Paralyzer’s arm, electricity arcing up and down the pair of them before with a crackle a blast of energy lanced out, the beam striking Ossuary and freezing him in place.

No Caption Provided

“Your actions remind me of what I was before my shame.” Defensor stated as the remaining few fighters retreated towards the exits.

“We appear to be victorious.” Ghost stated as the Dragoness stood on the edge of her box gasping in anger. Before he could continue, a mace flew past the Thunderbolt before landing in front of him. “Hmm curious it appears to have reverse…argh.” Before he could finish the mace’s head exploded with enough energy to cause Ghost to ‘pop’ out of intangibility. “How did…” He never got an answer as Flag Smasher leapt from the box and landed on him with a sickening crunch before recovering his weapon.

“It isn't over yet Thunderbolts.” Flag Smasher hissed as he swung the weapon at Defensor, the feedback sending a shockwave out from his shield that caused Songbird to fall to the floor with a thud, her hard sound wings shattered. “I beat you before.” He added as Abe fired a hail of mercy rounds at the ULTIMATUM commander, only for his foe to dodge them all and slam a disc like device onto Abe’s chest. Seconds later a stream of binary overloaded the armour’s processors causing the entire MACH V armour to catch alight as Abe ejected from the rear of the suit. “No wait now it’s over.” He sneered as he advanced on Songbird before slamming his boot down on her neck. “Nobody can stop me now.” He added as the mangled remains of the portcullis went flying past him.

“I beg to differ!!” Orka roared. “Now step away from my friends!!”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Hmm, the interaction in this is pretty fun and you've built up a hell of a cast. I do have to hold firm though to the fact that your dialogue needs to be broken up a bit more, which I mentioned a while ago to you. Like this, "Accidents happen, their deaths while tragic are not your fault.” would probably flow a bit more naturally as, say, "Accidents happen. Their deaths, while tragic, were not your fault." Dialogue can make a big difference in how you read a story.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Okay will look into it and do some editing later. Thanks for reading and commenting

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: Now I always thought it was Madripoorean like Singaporean? Anyways thats a long discussion on a geography website about what you call someone from somewhere. Defensor...I love the randoms you manage to dig up and put to good use

So how is this MMU? Is it just you now?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Perhaps, it may indeed be just me. And yes when you read anything T-Bolts related expect randomness

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm a bad person. I truly enjoy Ossuary torturing and destroying heroes. Can he be beaten physically? Like, at all?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: You're not a bad person at all, it's always fun to see an OC running riot. Ossuary can be beaten physically if you can shatter his rocky outer skin but the strength required is on par with the Hulk. In addition Geo-Kinetics and high powered shockwaves cause him a problem because they can shatter his form. Besides that the only way to take him down is to use magic or in this case the Paralyzer's stun powers.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he was shattered..would he just reform later? How did you think of him? Does he like Butterfingers?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Yes he was shattered in Miami Vice and reconstituted himself, until Mephisto removes the curse from him he will always survive. And no he doesn't like Butterfingers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#17 wildvine  Moderator

@joygirl: And that's even weirder

That's her way of being affectionate. She and Luna have... interesting ways of expressing themselves. Also I laughed at your reactions. Sorry. heehee.

I'll read this and the next chapter in a bit.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: No that's fine. I was taught long ago to laugh at yourself before you can laugh at others. And yes it is hilarious

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#19 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese:

That is awesome. Best ending I've read in a while I think.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers