Marvel Mayhem: Micromax #3

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Want More From Marvel Mayhem? Check out the Library or the Group's Facebook Page

All Characters are Owned by Marvel Comics

Missed Last Issue? Check it Out Here.

Labyrinth Supermax Prison Facility, Seattle

Peter nodded at Shift who pulled a large rifle cannon out of extradimensional space and pointed it at Micromax. Scott’s hand hovered over the root dangling from the ceiling.

“I’ll bring the house down,” warned Micromax as his fingers slowly closed around the root. “If yo…”

Shift pulled the trigger hitting Micromax in the chest, bathing him in light. Suddenly he was gone.

No Caption Provided

“He’s not dead,” asked Peter “Is he?”

“No!” Shift scoffed “It’s a T-D pulse. It shunts him out of time and dimension for eleven minutes. He comes back like nothing ever happened. By then we’re gone. Could leave a land mine where he was if you really want him dead.”

“No, he’s a good guy,” said Peter as he turned his attention to Dredmund “Just leave an image inducer. Now Dredmund, lets deal with you.”

“Is everything okay Peter,” asked Blackheath as the British M.I-13 agent stepped onto the platform “I detected Pym Particles and got a strange energy surge from…”

“Were you spying on me?”

“No, but as a living organism I feel things and something didn't feel right.”

“To be honest,” Peter held up his hand to show a bruised knuckle “I punched Dredmund in the face…several times actually. He didn’t respond to my line of questions and I lost my temper.”

“Oh…”

“Hopefully we can keep my loss of composure between us?” asked Peter as the platform began its rise to the surface.

“His vitals did seem a little elevated when I hooked him back into the system.”

No Caption Provided

“Several years ago Dredmund turned my sister, Amanda, into a werewolf. She was transformed back thanks to Captain America but she never really recovered from the trauma.” Peter rubbed his forehead “I requested this mission specifically and took the opportunity to extract some revenge. I am sorry…actually I’m not, but I…” Peter covered his face.

“Umm,” Blackheath muttered “Hey, don’t cry, um. Look you're only huma…”

AWOOOGAH! AWOOGAH!

“What is that?” asked Peter looking around as the platform stopped.

“I have an intruder in my lower system, where you were located,” said Blackheath.

“Is Dredmund escaping?” asked Peter.

“No, he’s still locked up. Hold on, I'm rushing you to the top as I deal with this.” Peter smiled as the platform shot up to the surface.

“…u shoot me…” Micromax yelled as he yanked the root and flinched. But there was no impact. He was alone. Dredmund was back on his “vine”. The echoing sounds of awoogah rattled through the prison as everything green near him suddenly became animated and alive.

“Okay, this isn't good,” Micromax watched a green leafy blob pour out of a vine and onto the floor and began morphing into a human form.

“You have broken into a Federal prison,” it said as it came to life before him “You wil…”

“I don’t think so!” Scott lashed out with his foot hitting the tree creature in the face; its head exploding like someone had run through a pile of leaves. “Oh god!” Blackheath chuckled as another blob hit the floor “Showing remorse Mystique, that’s a bit out of character. They're simuloids and not technically alive.”

No Caption Provided

“Mystique?” Micromax ran up the tunnel ducking and dodging through vines and crawlers that attempted to snare him as another simuloid grew near him. “Would you believe I was on a government mission?”

“Freedom Force has been shut down for years, lady” said a simuloid that looked like a riot squad officer.

“Look, there’s been a misunderstanding!” shouted Micromax as he ducked under the leafy riot shield and ran as another simuloid grew.

“Then surrender Mystique”

“My name is M…” Scott’s rant was cut short as a plant baton cracked him across the throat. He staggered back as three simuloids advanced on him. He gagged as he tried to breathe and suddenly he was enveloped by the trio in a gang tackle soon joined by four more. Scott found himself in a flora cocoon.

“Everyone back up,” Blackheath’s voice said to the pile of writhing leaves and vegetation. The simuloids dispersed to reveal…nothing. “Oh this isn’t good.”

Peter stepped out the door as the Labyrinth went into total lock down. He breathed a sigh of relief as he headed to the pickup point. He didn’t like hanging Micromax out to dry but in the spy game you don’t have friends, you have objectives.

“This is Albion, package secured.”

Micromax clung to the underside of a leaf. For some reason they thought he was the mutant terrorist Mystique and weren’t really listening. He gulped trying to ease the pain of his swelling throat as he hid. When he got back to England he was going to punch Wisdom in the face! If he got back, he first had to escape an ultra secure living prison full of plants.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3 wildvine  Moderator

Nice to see Blackheath keeping busy. I'm curious, was this always your plans for the living fortress?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Thanks. And as always my Machiavellian brain is working away

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: You were the one who called me that. So I'm both

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@4donkeyjohnson: This should explain it - “No, he’s a good guy,” said Peter as he turned his attention to Dredmund “Just leave an image inducer. Now Dredmund, lets deal with you.”

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0