#1 Posted by batkevin74 (10985 posts) - - Show Bio

Part 3 of 2? Yup. Also known as an epilogue or afterword or just coz a two-parter needed a little bit more without a whole new story.

Part 1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/howard-charles-vs-the-dimension-of-zombies-pt-1-of-1529302/

Part 2: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/wildvine/blog/howard-and-charles-vs-the-dimension-of-zombies-pt-/95973/

Latverian Bier Café, 221 5th Ave New York

Charles thumped down two ridiculously large steins of beer onto the table in front of Howard followed by a wad of notes.

“That’s for the fare,” said Charles taking a seat “I’ll get my work to replace the cab. Now did you get bitten?”

Howard checked his arms “Not a scratch. Got a question for you?”

“Shoot.”

“Where the hell did you send us?”

“It’s the zombie dimension I access to teleport through. It’s a horrible, horrible place!” Charles sipped his beer.

“What would you know, you were asleep!” said Howard. “And what kind of job will replace a cab that’s…hang on…you work for A.R.M.O.R!”

“I do”

“So did I. Glad I’m out. Too much weirdness”

“Too weird for a talking duck?” chuckled Charles.

“Are you a comedian?” Howard raised an eyebrow. “Yeah too weird. Zombies! Wild West! Nazi zombies! Middle age duels! Way too much weird. Plus paperwork, blood tests, no smoking signs; enough to make you crack up!”

“It’s not that…” Charles took a sip and had a think “Yeah its pretty rubbish. But I get to save the universe on a weekly basis and I don’t have to wear spandex”

Howard shrugged in agreement and sipped his beer. Charles looked up at the walls noticing the ever present pictures of Dr Victor Von Doom, ruler of Latveria. “Feels like he’s watching”

“Probably is,” said Howard “He’s a nutcase dictator!”

“Makes a good beer though”

Howard smiled “The idea of Doomsie brewin’ suds in his castle dungeon, maybe you are a comedian. Here’s to Victor!”

“To Victor!” They clinked glasses and drank.

John Kelly strode into the bar, poorly disguised in a trenchcoat and fedora to hide he was the cyborg known as Siege. He walked to the loudest table in the place to where Charles Little Sky and Howard the Duck were singing, poorly.

I GET KNOCKED DOWN! BUT I GET UP AGAIN!

“Charles. Charles! CHARLES!” John barked.

“Oh hey John!” slurred Charles “This, this is…”

“Howard. The Duck.” sneered John “We’ve met.”

“Oh look its Deathlok lite!” laughed Howard “Beer?”

John threw a yellow envelope onto the table “That’s for the cab. Let’s go Charles, there’s some Moloids coming out of the ground near Uluru in Australia.”

Charles wobbled to his feet using Howard to steady himself “You are a remarkable man-duck-person-thing! Thanks for saving my buttocks!”

“S’okay kid. Better go before Machine Man blows a circuit.” said Howard “I best make tracks myself. Want to call me a cab?”

Charles burst into peals of laughter, doubling over onto the table. Howard grabbed the envelope and looked up at Siege.

“You still mad?”

Siege death stared down at him menacingly.

“Of course you are! Bye Charles!”

The End

More Mayhem located here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-library-1459473/

#2 Posted by TommytheHitman (3304 posts) - - Show Bio

To Victor! Great stuff!

#3 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1703 posts) - - Show Bio

Howard smiled “The idea of Doomsie brewin’ suds in his castle dungeon, maybe you are a comedian. Here’s to Victor!”

Dr Doom's Home Brew Ale; you'll love it or die! :)

#4 Posted by ImpurestCheese (5527 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Part 3 of 2? Brain does not compute. Fortunately brain knows good writing so number pains are not a problem. Liked Siege's interaction with Howard as well as the Doom Beer (wonder if he has a wine to go with it)

#5 Edited by batkevin74 (10985 posts) - - Show Bio

@impurestcheese: Yeah we went with a two parter but it honestly needed an epilogue. I think Dr Doom has a range of spirits and a bit like @4donkeyjohnson: said "Dr Doom's Home Brew Ale; you'll love it or die! :)"

@tommythehitman: Vic's the man!

#6 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

Latverian Bier Cafe Promotional ad #1

On topic. I maybe a tad biased, but i loved this. The whole idea of them getting drunk together was very funny. And the "call me a cab?" line actually made me laugh. You really caught the mood Bats.

#7 Edited by ImpurestCheese (5527 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: I wonder what would happen in Overdrive stole Howard's Taxi Cab?

#8 Edited by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

@impurestcheese We may need to explore that idea.

Latverian Bier Cafe Promotional ad #2

#9 Posted by ImpurestCheese (5527 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: Still going with the perish. Give me a shot of Tequila any day

#10 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

@impurestcheese:

Okay, I give. I cannot find a pic of Doctor Doom in a sombreo.

#11 Edited by batkevin74 (10985 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: @impurestcheese: Bier Slogans

Dr Doom's Latverian Ales: It will kill...your thirst!

Doombrew: Bows to no one!

Doomwiser: High tech with a little bit of magic

Doomstadt Pilsner: Take the Richards!

#12 Edited by ImpurestCheese (5527 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by TommytheHitman (3304 posts) - - Show Bio

It shall be the new Ma and Pa's!

#14 Posted by batkevin74 (10985 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by ImpurestCheese (5527 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Huh okay it didn't send some how. Will try again.

#16 Edited by cbishop (8705 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

Latverian Bier Cafe Promotional ad #1

For all you do in my name, this beer's for you. Continue to serve me loyally, the antidote will be for you too.

@batkevin74: Nice epilogue.

Added to my FF Long Box - Groups. :)