Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem - Hecate: The Five Day War #1 (of 11):

All Characters are Owned by Marvel Comics

For Marvel Mayhem visit the Library or visit the Group’s Facebook Page

This is a tale to rectify the comments I got from one person in my former wiccan group I was in. Hecate in mythology is a benevolent figure of protection and guidance. I plan to describe the transformation from the Athenian Hecate to the one running Miami as seen in Weird Sisters, Heros for Hire and Underworld Stories. I hope you guys enjoy.

Mount Olympus

The four women dressed in silk chiffons sat around the ornate ironwork table in the beautiful garden space laughing and chatting as a fifth woman dressed in purple skirt and brassiere sauntered over carrying a tray of glasses.

No Caption Provided

“Oh Aphrodite I must say you do keep pleasant company.” The tallest and slimiest of the women, her green chiffon barely covering her tanned skin, purred. “You even have them well trained.” She added as the serving girl handed the most regal of the women dressed in conservative purple chiffon a glass of white wine.

“Yes Artemis my hetaria are the best servants on Olympus.” The woman dressed in a pink chiffon that covered less than Artemis’s did as the serving hetaria handed her a glass of sparkling champagne.

“Truly we are blessed for withdrawing from Earth. More time to enjoy our lives then before when we toiled to keep the world in check. My husband is indeed wise.” The woman dressed in purple stated. “Join me in a toast to my husband Zeus.” She added as Artemis received a glass of sparkling water.

“To Zeus.” Three of the goddesses chanted, with Hera covertly sticking out her arm in a mockery of a cheer and knocking the last drink off the hetaria’s tray and sending her flying. “Best servants my ass.” She whispered as Aphrodite got to her feet, her body bloating with anger.

“You stupid girl, I elevate you, bless you and you still remain a clumsy oaf!” Aphrodite yelled, her voice causing the hetaria to quiver with fear. “For that I will feed on your love’s heart and make you watch you clumsy…”

“Enough!” A strong regal voice stated, the sound staying Aphrodite’s hand as the last goddess, this one dressed in a full length chiffon got to her feet and walked over to the hetaria and pulled her into a standing position. “It was an accident; nobody was harmed save my mug of Jack Daniels. There is no reason to punish this woman, not now and not ever.”

“Hecate, bleeding heart.” Artemis snorted. “Your love of the mortal animals is making you soft old one.”

“Maybe.” Hecate replied. “But I feel like we made a terrible mistake leaving Earth.”

“You've spent too long with Demeter’s daughter in that pit you call home.” Hera spat. “Why any goddess would choose to live in Hades when she could be here is a mystery to me.” She added.

“I hear all she can grow in her gardens is aconite and brambles.” Artemis chirped in as Hecate turned and surveyed the three goddesses as Aphrodite slimmed down and retook her seat.

“What you hear is correct.” Hecate answered. “As is what you here next. All three of you are horrible people which I suppose makes you excellent goddesses. I have other places to be.” She added stalking off into the garden.

“Well how rude.” Aphrodite gasped.

“She’s a titan and a traitor dear. What did you expect?” Hera answered as a flash of silver light illuminated the edge of the garden. “I must remind the bouncers to bar her entrance back up to Olympus next time we do this.”

Kent University, Canterbury, Kent – 25th October 2007

Caitlyn sat in the dorm room she shared with Eloise and watched as her roommate finished applying her lipstick and grabbed her bag before giving a mock salute and leaving for her nightly prowl around town. Knowing her roommates reputation as the campus flirt there would be plenty of time before she returned to get the answers that Caitlin was seeking. Removing the white board that hung on the back of the dorm room door she erased the picture of the pumpkin and drew a wonky pentagram in its place.

“Okay sacred sigil check.” Caitlyn whispered before unlocking the chest at the bottom of her bed looking inside. Pushing aside her stuffed toy ‘Sgt Quack’ she removed a small box scented like lavender and opened it to reveal purple flowers. Smiling she liberally sprinkled them around the sigil and then went back to the chest and brought out a pair pure black candles, tiny keys etched into the base of each one. Placing them on the east and west points of the pentagram Caitlyn closed the chest and lit both candles.

“Alter check. Now for the offerings.” She added as she prowled over to the fridge. As usual the inside was almost barren with a pot of honey wrapped in a bag labelled ‘Touch this Eloise and you lose a finger’. Removing the bag and taking the pot out Caitlyn removed the lid and laid it outside the circle in line with the north point. “And lastly the cleansing.” She added before removing a bottle of spring water from her bag and unscrewing the cap. Taking a deep breath she doused herself and the sigil with the contents, the exposure causing the symbol to glow violet before burning through the white board and onto the carpet.

“Hecate, virgin goddess of the moon I call thee. I stand at a crossroads lost in the dark. You guidance I require so please come before me.” Caitlyn chanted before repeating the summoning three times. Usually when called upon Hecate would animate the aconite petals to show a story or used the light of the candles to create a shadow show detailing directions. After the advice had been given the jar of honey would be left empty, the Goddess happy that payment was sufficient for her services. “Hecate I…I don’t know if I should stay at University. I love being here, love the people but I don’t think organic chemistry is the major I want to take. I need your guidance.” She added before opening her eyes only to see the petals still static, the candles still burning and the jar of honey gone. “Or you know don’t turn up at all.”

No Caption Provided

“Your problem is simple.” A voice came from behind Caitlyn causing her to spin round and see a woman dressed in a black chiffon, purple eyes boring through her beneath a crown of spikes poking out of the speakers ebony hair, sitting on the bed. “Or it should be.”

“You…your…you never have.”

“Do you have any cake?” Hecate asked as she threw the jar of honey into the bin. “No one offers me cake anymore it’s always honey.”

“I think there might be some cup-cakes in my roommates stash but she doesn’t…oh god.” Caitlyn sighed as Hecate stuck her head through the bed and pulled out a Tupperware box full of cakes. “Are you really her? I was expecting…you know the three heads thing.”

“Would that make you more comfortable?” Hecate asked as she removed a cup cake from the box. “Is there any peanut butter?”

“No. Now please help me.”

“You should change modules but you are worried about what your parents will say. Don’t your mothers is sleeping with her best friend Celeste and your father hired a PI to follow her. Wait a few days and when he finds out use the carnage to cover your switch in curriculum.” Hecate stated. “Now tell me, is America’s Next Top Model still on TV?”

“Uh yes?”

“Hmm well may as well make myself comfortable.” Hecate stated before relaxing back on the bed and throwing a cupcake in the air before catching it in her mouth. “What you summoned me?” She replied defensively as Caitlyn stared at her.

“Why are you here?” Caitlyn cried as Hecate clicked her fingers and turned the TV on, the screen revealing Clint Eastwood aiming a pistol at a robber carrying a shotgun.

No Caption Provided

“I need to get away from Olympus for a while. Not to be too rude but the other goddesses save for Demeter and Athena are a little spoilt especially since they are now all misanthropic and stuff.” Hecate explained before getting up and creating a gun with her finger. “I know what you're thinking, punk. ‘You're thinking did she fire six shots or only five?’ Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well, do ya, punk?” She asked before firing a bolt of violet light at the chest sat at the bottom of Caitlyn’s bed.

“Oh my god!!” Caitlyn cried as the box caught on fire. Running over the lid flew off and her ‘Sgt Quack’ toy leapt out before opening fire on Hecate, a dart embedding in her neck.

“Hey it’s a du…” Hecate giggled before collapsing on the floor.

“What’s going on?” Caitlyn gasped as the duck edged over to the sleeping goddess.

“A.R.M.O.R control this is Agent Howard. Dimensional intruder tagged and ready for teleportation back to base.” Howard announced as he activated the communicator in his watch. “One for a memory wipe, make sure that she remembers to wash her socks though, it smells worse in that hamper then my last apartment and that was downwind from Fresh Kills.” He added before a man dressed in gleaming armour stepped through a dark circle of light that had materialised in Caitlyn’s dorm room.

“See you later toots.” Howard called as Siege hefted Hecate onto his shoulder and carried her back through the dimensional gateway, the duck quickly following them. As the gateway closed Caitlyn blinked thrice before looking at her burning hamper before removing the fire extinguisher and blankly stating. “Oh it’s laundry day.” Squeezing the extinguishers trigger a cloud of foam putting out the flames saving the contents inside. “Must wash socks.”

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Howard the Duck, Aphrodite, and Hecate. Perfect combo 10/10

/life

But in all seriousness, this is a freaking amazing idea and you did it so well. Great job.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese

Sgt Quack still makes me giggle. Heehee. This may be my new fave series by you.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@wildvine: It gets dark later on. Howard is going to have some trouble in his hand

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese:

Dark can be just as entertaining. We'll have to liasion since this takes place in the Agents of A.R.M.O.R. era, but i can work around anything you do, so use him with my blessing.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImpurestCheese
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wildvine  Moderator

By Odin's beard, I declare bump!!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@wildvine: Thanks Issue 2 is scheduled for release soon alongside Silver Wasp and Weird Sisters.