Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

All Characters are owned by Marvel Comics

Hungry for more? Check out the library

Chapter 4: When Heads Collide

This was one of his favorite parts. When he could feel the cool, fresh breeze against him and he could smell that common scent of leaves. He didn't know why, but the forest's different scents became clearer when he was ant-sized. Maybe because the pollen was so large he could choke on them. But his absolute favorite part was seeing the ants work.

"The wakandian driver ants have been adapting to the new environment surprisingly fast." Ant-Man recorded. "Thanks to T'Challa I could borrow a colony for experimental purposes."

In front of him was a large ant-hill, with hundreds, maybe thousands, of driver ants walking around it, inside it and working to build it.

"Becuase of the ants digging underground they have been exposed to vribranium radiation, therefore they are usually considered stronger than regular driver ants. I will test that today. So far I've been using my helmet to keep them at a distance, but what if I turned it off..."

He reached for the helmet, pressed a button on the side and the almost undetectable humming stopped. Some of the ants stopped working, possibly the humming helped them keep at it. All of a sudden, Ant-Man walked up to the closest driver ant and punched him on the chin.

"Let the games begin." he said with a grin. The ant and several of the others charged at the tiny hero and almost tore him apart. But by using his agility he managed to dodge. He quickly turned around and kicked two of them before dodging the jaws of another.

"And that proves it." he said while starting the humming once again. "I can kick any insects butt any day of the week. That sounded kinda sad, didn't it?"

The ants quickly ignored him and once again started working to the soothing sound.

Former military base, now belonging to Elihas Starr, Before

"Every day plotting. Every day tinkering. I could get mad one day from all this. But today it will all be worth it." Elias Starr squawked. He sat silently on a chair and pressed different buttons in front of him. He was sitting on the other side of a glass window and watched as the android now known as Egghead-Prime was electrocuted from the virus that he had planted in his chest.

No Caption Provided

TTZZZ

TZ-TZZZ

"AAAARGH!" The android screamed.

"Thanks to the implanted virus, I can trigger a part of Egghead-Prime's mind that will make him respond to and obey to my voice alone."

"K-k-kill! Kill! KILL! AARGGH..." Egghead-Prime screamed before he once again turned emtionless. "I will kill Hank Pym."

"He is ready!" The mad doctor screamed of joy. He then pressed a last button which opened the wall behind the android. Strong gusts of air flowd through the opening and the android flew off into the distance.

Back at the forest

"Due to their increased strength they have been able to adapt far greater than a regular driver ant would."

Ant-Man once again reached for his helmet and adjusted the power of the humming. But all of a sudden the humming turned into a piercing screech. Pym fell to the ground, trying to gasp for air.

"GAH! GAH! Wh-what is hap-hap-happening?!"

The driver ants could feel it too. Just as his helmet was jammed they started going crazy. Their usual working pace was disrupted and they ran amok over the ant-hill, destroying some of it. Hank Pym could focus enough to turn off his helmet. Little did he know he would be ambushed just as he did. The possessed Egghead-Prime dived from the air and slammed into the ground.

He couldn't tell how long he was buried, maybe 30 minutes. 40 even. Maybe more if he had been unconscious, he couldn't tell if he was before. The darkness was scary, and the large parts of dirt hurt his eyes. Ant-Man reached for his helmet, but it was hard. He could barely move under the ground and if he did, underground roots kept grabbing him. After many minutes of pulling he managed to break the root only to be caught by the next. He hated not being able to see or hear. He kept pulling and pulling, hoping to reach his helmet so he could somehow call for help. At last he ripped the last root to shreds and activated his helmet. The humming started but this time louder. It didn't take long until a driver ant came charging through the dirt wall and picked the tired and hurt hero up. The ant started digging upwards in a quick pace. After a few seconds he could spot the sunshine through his dirtfilled eyes.

"I can...see you, Dr. Pym."

The emotionless android hovered above the ground as Ant-Man returned to the surface. Around him the trees that had towered above the ground had been ripped from the ground after the impact.

"Who-who are you?" Ant-Man asked as soon as he could focus.

"I...am not sure. I remember a sorceress...and...and a girl with many arms. But barely." Egghead-Prime looked frightened, almost like he knew something was wrong. "My name is Egghead-Prime."

He looked around at what he had done, he saw the trees on the ground, the crater he left behind after he slammed into the ground, the destroyed ant-hill and the frightened driver ants trying to dig downwards.

"Egghead-Prime?" Ant-Man said while he pressed a button on the helmet, a buzzing sound started but Egghead-Prime didn't seem to notice.

"Yes. I was rescued by a brilliant man. The best in his field of science."

"And is this 'brilliant man' listening right now?"

"He is always observant."

"Is he making you say these things?"

No Caption Provided

"Ye-No. I...yes, please, help me. GRRAAWGH!" Electric pulses shot from his chest and he shrieked in pain. His voice had suddenly gone more human-like. "Useless scrap metal!"

The electricy stopped and the hurt android hovered above the ground once again. During this time Hank Pym had been able to focus enough in order to grow into his Giant-Man size.

"Release him, Starr!"

"NEVER!" Now Egghead-Prime's voice sounded more like Elihas Starr's than before. The android started to lash out at the now sixty feet tall giant.

Giant-Man wasn't ready for the strength that Egghead-Prime possessed, which made him almost fall over.

"You know I will find you and stop you either way, Starr. Now release this android and stop torture him!" Giant-Man screamed as he pushed back the android. The android fell through a tree and broke it in half.

A similar mental screech started in Giant-Man's head again which took away his sight. Egghead-Prime quickly flew into Giant-Man as he rubbed his eyes, trying to see again. The impact pushed Giant-Man backwards, with large hills of dirt forming behind his heels as he tried to push Egghead-Prime away.

"You know you can't win. I will always stop you!" In his rage Giant-Man grabbed the android and held him in front of his face.

"Not this time, Pym! This time you are bound to lose!" Egghead-Prime's eyes started glowing. A strong surge of mental pain flowed through Giant-Man's head. Making him fall over backwards, crushing a large part of the forest.

KRA-ASH

"This time you are bound to lose."

To be continued...

Also, check out the Marvel Mayhem Facebook Page for more info about us...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Awesome job dude! I freaking love Hank Pym as a character!

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Meep it seems when an Ant Man falls in the forest he does make a sound. Blackheath is going to be royally peeved at this but he can go stuff it. A brilliant continuation to this story keep up the good work.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By TommytheHitman

@impurestcheese: Uh... Cheese? Could you check out issue 3 of New Warriors? Please?

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MakkyD

Now that's what I call hands-on science!!! ;)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@maccyd: Yes For Science and For More...oh why am I even bothering.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Thank you. Will have the next chapter ready tonight or hopefully not tomorrow. Next chapter of Avengers A.I. will be up before you know it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@themanintheshoe: Wakandan not wakandian, has a capital

Ant-Man walked up to the closest driver ant and punched him on the chin. Ha ha ha first ants then his wife! :)

Cool, onto 5. See we get around to things eventually. Patience young jedi-writer :)

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I'm quicker than you think. It's already up ;)