Marvel Mayhem: Dr Strange

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

This story takes place after Villain’s Tale #3 but before New York’s Finest #6 for continuity purposes. Will edit names if group consensus deems it so. More stories are located in our Mayhem library which is: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-library-1459473/#92 )

This isn't numbered as it is initially a one shot...but that can change. Rated M. Enjoy, let me know

No Caption Provided

Stephen Strange’s eyes ripped open from his meditative trance as he hovered above the floor in his Sanctum Sanctorum. His skin had a fine layer of beaded sweat that wasn’t from the jasmine burning in the censer Wong had lit. He unfurled his legs from the lotus position and stood up out of the levitation, gesturing into the air and summoning forth the Eye of Agamotto and his cloak which fastened themselves around his neck.

“Mosquitor…” he said not really understanding why. He crossed the room to the wall of books and clicked his fingers. Three large leather bound tomes floated down from the top shelves and opened themselves in front of him. Stephen perused them before spotting what he was looking for.

“Mosquitor,” he read aloud. “Evil energy-draining insectoid from the Hyborian ages.” Stephen waved the books back to the shelves.

“Wong! Wong?”

It took him a few moments to remember he’d given his friend the evening off to watch some ridiculous new sport at Madison Square Garden: Mixed Ice Martial Arts. Stephen’s hands glowed with yellow mystical energy as he formed up a spell By the seven rings of Raggadorr. By Cyttorak's crimson bands! Send me through the unseen door, to where Mosquitor did make land!”

Ma & Pa’s Pancake Plaza

Dr Strange appeared amongst the crowd of onlookers who had crowded around the well known restaurant. Police had cordoned off the area, ambulances and fire crews were on scene as well as three SHIELD agents. Sitting in the back of an ambulance he spied the owners Ma & Pa, wrapped in thermal blankets sipping tea.

“Oh look its Stephen!” said Ma nudging her husband as he came over. Pa tried to look happy but his mind was elsewhere.

“What happened?” asked Dr Strange as he waved his hand.

“Hey! You can’t b…” A police officer started to block his path and then shook his head “Sorry, go ahead.”

“What did you do to that nice young man?” asked Ma as she pecked him on the cheek.

“A simple illusionary glamour to make him believe I’m an EMT” said Dr Strange “Now are you both alright?”

“Fine!” growled Pa as he tipped the tea onto the road. Dr Strange looked at the old man who didn’t look nor act his age. He was a proud man, a veteran from several wars and having a hard time at watching his lively hood go up in smoke. He put his hand reassuringly on Pa’s shoulder.

“I’ll fix this.”

Ma and Pa both looked at the Sorcerer Supreme. Ma hopped up and waggled a finger in his face “Stephen Vincent Strange! Don’t you dare magic this problem away! This is why we pay ridiculous amounts in insurance every month!”

Dr Strange looked down at the feisty woman he’d known for decades and raised his hands in surrender “I swear Tabitha, I will not magic this. I promise”

“To what do we owe the pleasure Stephen?” said Beast as he invited Dr Strange into the X-Mansion.

“I need your help actually.”

Dr Strange, Quicksilver and Northstar stood across the street from the Pancake Place. It’d been boarded up for a few weeks as the assessors, the police, SHIELD and even the IRS went through the remains to work out what had happened. Stephen had been true to his word and hadn’t “magic’d” up a remedy though he had made a call to the people who Ma & Pa had been essentially sponsoring since the first class at Westchester began.

“Can you do this?” asked Dr Strange.

Quicksilver rolled his eyes “Please! I have no idea why you even bothered calling him.”

“I have a name Pietro!” said Northstar indignantly.

Dr Strange waved his hands and cloaked the building in an illusion. “You gentlemen have three hours.”

“Two hours fifty minutes too long!” scoffed Quicksilver as he shot away at speed followed by Northstar.

Kennedy Plaza Apartments, 15515 North Conduit Ave, Jamaica, New York

Tabitha opened the door to see Cyclops of the X-Men standing there, in full costume holding a large bunch of flowers.

No Caption Provided

“These are long overdue.” he said with a smile.

Tabitha’s face erupted into a beaming smile, her eyes filled with tears of joy. Scott handed the bunch over.

“Thank you” he said. “Without the support of you and Ivo over the years…”

“Shush you silly boy. Come in have some tea.” She urged. Scott resisted and handed over a set of keys.

“I can’t but we’ll all be in for breakfast tomorrow,” he said “And I do mean all of us.” Scott leant in and kissed her on the cheek. “Thank you.”

Ma & Pa’s Pancake Plaza

Ivo opened the door at 4am to see it was back to how it was. He smiled as the neon lights plinked on and he made his way to the kitchen.

“That big Russian boy will be in,” he said as he rolled up his sleeves and turned on the oven.

Dr Strange waved his hand and mist filled the crystal ball he’d been viewing into, leaving Pa to get on with his day. Stephen took a quill from a floating inkpot and wrote on the levitating scroll in front of him.

Ai Apaec. Black Talon. Hooded Haunt. Mephisto. Mosquitor.

The end for now…

Notes:

Ma & Pa’s Pancake Plaza has appeared these 6 Mayhem titles:

Howard the Duck: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/wildvine/blog/marvel-mayhem-howard-the-duck-4/94157/

Avengers A.I: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-avengers-a-i-3-1508337/

Punisher: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-punisher-5-1515112/#5

New Warriors: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-new-warriors-6-1506797/

The Villains Tale: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-the-villain-s-tale-3-1516949/

New Yorks Finest: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-new-york-s-finest-issue-6-1530354/

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Really liked this. Nice to see a super-hero using their powers for every day heroics. Have no problems with Ma and Pa being named Tabitha and Ivo. I wonder how Dr Strange will deal with all those dark souls especially since one is a god, another is the devil and a third is the avatar of a goddess. Add in Black Talon and Mosquitor and then he's in serious trouble.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Well he is the Sorcerer Supreme, dealing with gods & devils & avatars & zombie makers & blood suckers is all part 'n' parcel of the job! Why is he writing a list? No idea! What's he going to do with it? Even less of an idea!

Most of this was simply to fix up Ma & Pa's again, but it kinda got a life of its own. Thanks to @rabbitearsblog for lending me the X-Men for a cameo

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: True I guess. But anyone of them could cause trouble for him especially the big bad Mephisto. Gods help him if they ever team up.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@batkevin74

Very cool. The way you write Ma and Pa, I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvel co opt them. : P

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: I'm happy with that! Just so long as I can write them :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By TommytheHitman

Awesomeness of awesome! Although to be fair Doc Strange didn't appear that much in it. Still awesome!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: And yet you still haven't noticed that I blew up your restaurant.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: No just thought you might be angry at the Hooded Haunt for her destructive tendancies

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter!!! Loved the brief appearance of the X-Men!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By batkevin74
Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@batkevin74 said:

@rabbitearsblog: Thnaks for letting me borrow them to do something nice :)

You're welcome! Are you making another chapter of this?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By batkevin74

@rabbitearsblog: No for the moment. I'll have the Doc pop up in some stuff I'm writing but as an ongoing title with just him, no. I've got NYF, Punisher, Bullseye and Underworld Stories which is enough. Maybe another one shot though :)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@batkevin74 said:

@rabbitearsblog: No for the moment. I'll have the Doc pop up in some stuff I'm writing but as an ongoing title with just him, no. I've got NYF, Punisher, Bullseye and Underworld Stories which is enough. Maybe another one shot though :)

Oh all right. I'll have to check out your other fan fics!!!

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@batkevin74: Quicksilver rolled his eyes “Please! I have no idea why you even bothered calling him.”

Ha ha ha. Quicksilver's arrogance down to a tee!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Quicksilver rolled his eyes “Please! I have no idea why you even bothered calling him.”

Ha ha ha. Quicksilver's arrogance down to a tee!

It's easy, I just write him like myself

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By Wim_Garnet

I'm new to the Fan Fic board in general. Starting here in Marvel Mayhem where I have the greatest interest. This piece was a lot of fun. Looking forward to reading more from you and your collaborators. Thanks!

"Don't you dare magic this problem away!" What a great line.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

I like the idea of someone sponsoring the X-school. Nice chapter.

Re: the comments (because my phone won't let me quote for some reason): You seem to be a very self-assured person, but nothing like Pietro's arrogance. ;)