Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Doubt #2

All characters are owned by Marvel Comics

For Marvel Mayhem visit theLibraryor visit theGroup’s Facebook Page

It took Karen and Rick fifteen minutes to reach base camp, the little girl they had rescued barely breathing wrapped up in the massive jacket, snow biting at the three figures. It was almost as if the weather was trying to prevent them from reaching camp but undeterred the trio pushed through the wall of snow into the cleared area of cabins, the work lights blazing like a beacon as their colleagues rushed to get sensitive research equipment under cover.

“In here.” Rick stated opening a door into the kitchen cabin, “Let’s get you some food.” He told the little girl as Karen closed the door behind them. “Chef, chef you here?”

“I’m coming.” A voice groaned as a massive dark skinned man dressed in jeans and a thick jumper topped by an arctic parker moved into view. “Now who is that?” He asked in a thick Louisiana accent. “I thought we were surveying for wildlife not kids Fredrick?”

“It’s complicated.” Karen stated. “She needs food, I'll see if I can get her some clothes from Anna there about the same size.”

“It’s about to get worse Clark was sniffing around.” Chef told them pointing to the jeep half buried in the snow. “He’s displeased on the progress we're making and he brought a heavy with him.”

“Clark can wait right now my little girl needs to get warm.” Karen cooed. “You have beautiful raven hair; I'm going to call you Raven since you don't have a name.” She added stroking ‘Raven’s’ hair. “I will never let you go.”

Duncan Clark - Agent of Roxxon
Duncan Clark - Agent of Roxxon

“Uh Rick sidebar in the mess.” Chef grunted before walking into the mess hall that was adjoined to the kitchen. “I know you and Karen uh can't have children after that explosion while we were on survey in New Mexico but she seems awfully attached to a kid she barely knows. I mean that little girl must have family out there right?”

“Chef, Walter we've been friends for years but…” Rick sighed looking down at the floor before looking back at Chef, something malicious stirring in his eyes. “But I expect you to do your job and not worry about what my wife does for my daughter! Do you understand!?”

“Yeah I do.” Chef answered cautiously.

“Good.” Rick replied. “Go ask Billy and Kai to get some clothes from Anna, as soon as the storm clears we'll go into town and get her something of her own to wear.”

“Sure whatever.” Chef mumbled before Rick put his hands on the larger man’s shoulders. “I appreciate this Chef. I’m sorry I just…had this feeling come over me, it was like my vision was soaked in blood.”

“Just watch your temper around Clark okay.” Chef stated before heading outside. “That guy is just looking for a reason to shut us down.” Rick nodded before walking back to where Karen and Raven were sitting down, the later chewing on a massive cookie as her mother stroked her hair. Rick blinked there was another woman there; one dressed in a black brassiere, cape and thigh high boots, her hair so dark it shown against the shadows as she stroked Raven’s cheek. Blinking again Rick realised that she had vanished, that the mystery woman was gone.

“What did Chef want?” Karen asked absently as Raven continued her ‘first meal’.

“Oh he was just worried that Clark may try something.” Rick stated as there was a knock on the door. “Speak of the devil.” He added before opening the door and letting the man dressed impeccably in a suit and tie into the kitchen followed by a man wearing similar clothes save for the purple double pronged bladed gauntlets attached to his wrists. “Mr Clark what do we owe this pleasure too?” Rick asked as Karen held Raven tight against her, the child securely wrapped up in the big coat she had been given.

“Don't try and sweet talk me Donahue,” Clark snapped, “the senior partners are displeased with the apparent lack of progress! How long could it possibly take for you to survey this god forsaken wasteland! You have a week to finish up or Roxxon will sue you for negligence!”

“We were promised a year to survey the site, to get a full seasonal account of the fauna and flora in the area.” Karen stated. “You have given us four months and you are demanding we finish up. Several species are still in hibernation and there are migratory birds that won’t appear in the area until the fall. What you are asking is…”

“...Is totally reasonable.” Clark finished, “But tell me what that is?” He asked before ripping the coat out of Karen’s hands to reveal Raven shivering as she sat uncovered in the cold. “You people amaze me! If this isn't a sign of your non committal to responsibility I don't know what is. I’m calling child services and having the girl put into care.” Clark snarled.

“Wait she’s not our daughter, I mean she is but we found her only half an hour ago!” Karen screamed. “Don’t take her please!”

“If she was found on Roxxon property so she is Roxxon property.” Clark stated. “I’m sure we can find a place for her, perhaps in Indonesia, they are always looking for short workers for the sulphur mines. What do you say about that?”

No Caption Provided

“I don't like you.” Raven answered, her voice causing snow to whip around the cabin and the walls to vibrate ominously. “I don't like you at all.”

“Well don't you have a mouth on you?” Clark snarled at her. “You heard my ultimatum; I'll see you in a week.” He added before leaving the cabin, his thuggish bodyguard following him. Getting into their jeep, the two men drove away, Clark fuming as he thundered down the highway back towards down. “Tonight come back in your Angleman costume kill those hippies and bring me the girl.”

“It’s Angler not Angleman sir and I think you should keep your eyes on the road.” Angler told him before receiving a glare from Clark. Seconds later the engine died despite the fuel gauge reading more then half full. “That’s what you get for bad karma.” Angler announced as Clark got out of his jeep and kicked the car.

“You’d better not tell anyone back at the field office!” He warned Angler. “Useless thing almost makes me wish Roxxon hadn't put the kibosh on the hybrid fuel cells Stark’s being trying to sell.” He added as the sky darkened. “What in the…” Before he could finish the skies came alive with crows, each of the birds dive-bombing Clark, pecking at him and ripping flesh from his body.

“Boss you okay?” Angler asked as he peered out the window as his employer collapsed. “Jesus Christ what did this?” He asked as he walked through the crows, the birds vanishing like phantoms in the mist. “What the hell do I do?” He asked as the car’s engine spluttered to life. Narrowing his eyes he picked up Clark and threw him into the snow bank on the side of the road. Angler didn't know what happened, but he knew one thing he wasn't going back to the ecologist camp ever again, not on the orders of a deadman at any rate.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@irishlad, @wildvine, @tommythehitman, @themanintheshoe, @richgenx, @rabbitearsblog,@batkevin74, @catalinaic, @cbishop, @thespiritstalker and @youngjustice. Do you feel Doubt?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@cbishop, Do you feel Doubt?

I've never touched Doubt! If Doubt said I did, Doubt's a danged liar! And I resent your implication!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cbishop: Yep comes with the territory. You and your dirty mind. :-)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Will check it out soon.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Dirty mind? Moi? Nay! I was not the one who asked the question, you bloody perv! ;) ..."Bloody," get it? Because the guy made you sick with a glass of...ah, forget it.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

This is starting to get interesting (not that it wasn't already interesting). You tease us with bits of Raven's powers and true nature, seems like it's gonna get worse too. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespiritstalker: It always gets worse. :-) Thanks for the comment

@cbishop: Yes please the agonising...exfiltration of said hemological snack is well agonising. Also the tense suggests the emotion rather then a person.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#9 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese

First day comment! And... I don't know what to say beyond great job and I enjoyed this a lot.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@wildvine: Thanks. I always do my best writing when vomiting down the toilet. :-)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#11 wildvine  Moderator
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Well, that explains the green complexion on your avatar. ;}

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cbishop: Ha ha ha. Go drink some cow blood and we'll see how you like it? Had an unsympathetic doctor poking me with needles for half an hour this morning so they could check if it was just toxification or if I'd caught a disease.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cbishop

@impurestcheese: I'll pass. I was wondering what you might have caught from it. Glad they're checking on it. If you get mad cow, I'm calling The Inquirer. (For real though: I hope it all checks out clean) ...Okay, back to working on my entry. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Hopefully it's just my body saying 'hell no' to the vampire diet.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wooh! Sorry it took me so long! Anyway really nice stuff! It does seem kinda dark but whatever! Just cause it's dark doesn't mean it's bad! I've never heard of Angler. You truly are queen of the Z-List.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Thanks. Don't expect to see him any time soon although...he was a foe to Quasar at one time I think

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Don't be mean. The same thing could be said about 8-Ball but here on Marvel Mayhem he's the villain (along with Overrider) that's appeared in the most issues. It shows that Z-Listers can be A-Listers here

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@impurestcheese: Again, not really sure of the cannon details but Doubt sort of strikes me as the best of both worlds when it comes to supervillains. She can most likely handle herself well in a fight but prefers to manipulate others to their own destruction.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Yep she's the kind of person whose silver tongue is lined red with the blood of those who she manipulates