Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Irishlad
No Caption Provided

PREVIOUS CHAPTERS HERE: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-library-1459473/#13/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Caption Provided

"It's been a while Cable" a red haired woman said with a hint of joy.

Cable nodded to reveal the glow of his left yellow eye "Come in."

The woman dragged her boots across the mat with a ponderous look in Cable's direction "So?"

Cable's eyebrow spun up "So, what?"

A knowing smile escaped the woman's grasp "It's been a long time since we've worked together...or even spoken. What's so urgent?"

KRSSHHH

"What was that?" the woman asked anxiously.

"Mission number one" Cable explained as the woman stumbled towards the crashing sound that emitted from someone she never thought she'd see again.

"Wade?" the woman halted and asked nervously as she observed the room filled with broken shards of glass that led to a shattered man lying on the ground.

"SIIIIIIIIIRYNNNNNNNN" Deadpool mumbled loudly into his chest, unable to fully raise his chin.

"Is he drunk?" Siryn whispered back.

"Uh-huh" Cable hummed in reply.

Siryn scratched her head "I thought his metabolism wouldn't allow for..."

Cable's arm clung against the wall as Wade sang Whiskey In the Jar "He ran for a long time."

♫ Musha ringum duram da,

Whack fol the daddy-o,

Whack fol the daddy-o,

There's whiskey in the jar. ♫

"How long?" Siryn inquired.

Cable huffed and puffed "Sixty-two days."

Siryn tiptoed around the broken glass and crouched down within view of Deadpool "Hey...what happened?"

Deadpool pointed towards Cable "Me and Doc Brown went back in time...to find it."

Siryn edged closer "To find what?"

No Caption Provided

Wade's head raised with a smirk as if he was about to tell a joke but decided to skip it altogether "My voices."

-------------------------------

Seven Years Ago, Imaya

No Caption Provided

"How are you feeling?" a grizzled voice spoke over Wade's radio.

"A little out of place in red spandex" Wade replied as he noted the local Imayan people's disdain and confusion as he edged closer to the warehouse.

"Just one more mission and this will all be over" the voice replied.

A group of bullets fizzled through the streets.

Wade's head twitched an inch in order to avoid the bullet, his body acrobatically avoided the rest as he made his way through the blazing bullets in order to get to the door.

Two sniper rifle bullets flung into the enemies skulls.

"What the hell are you doing Wade? start shooting" the voice demanded.

Wade replied with a knee to the man's head standing between him and the door.

"Alright, at least shoot the f@#;# lock" the voice pleaded as Wade reluctantly followed.

"What are you doing?" the voice pondered as a moment of hesitation struck Wade as his feet remained planted in the sand.

It was a mistake, he shouldn't be there.

It's a set up.

He's going to die.

They'll know.

Run.

The paranoiac conclusions as to what was behind the door circled around his head with every ray of beaming hot sunlight on his cheek until the voice from the radio ushered in the order "Get in there...now".

He creaked the rusted door open and the room seemed empty but the smell felt like it was lived in for a long time.

It was pitch dark with only a poorly wired light bulb swinging back and forth over the targets head.

Wade spoke as the tenseness of his body gradually unwound "Target acquired."

"Wait" Siryn interrupted.

---------------------------------------------------------

Deadpool's HQ

"What did you do with target?"

No Caption Provided

Wade chugged a bit of his whiskey "Search, rescue and make sure it didn't lay eggs."

"Lay eggs?" Siryn asked confused at Wade's seemingly drunken babbles.

"That's what hens do" Deadpool responded casually.

Siryn peered "Your target was a hen?"

"Not just any hen" Wade dismissed.

----------------------------------------------------

Imaya, Seven Years Ago

The car knocked over a stop sign as it sped through the streets of Imaya.

"We're dead" the hen anxiously informed as Wade attempted to avoid a crash.

No Caption Provided

He was a hyper intelligent talking hen.

"Wade you've two hostile planes above your head" the voice informed.

No Caption Provided

"I noticed...it reminds me of a joke, why did the chicken cross the road?" Wade yelled in return.

The voice continued "You need to find a way of....did you just drive into Imaya's central shopping centre? Why did you?"

"To get to the other side" Wade responded as the car wailed through the shopping stands.

The voice snarled as he placed the RPG into position "For a guy who doesn't want to kill anyone today you really seem to be getting yourself into a lot of homicidal situations."

"Not quite, luckily this is the hour where every worker in Imaya takes a break due to extreme heat conditions" the hen took over as the car drifted around the fountain.

"Then you have no advantage, they'll blow you up regardless" the voice explained.

The hen acknowledged "It's only commonly known in Imaya and these men are not from Imaya...we'll drive around until you get a clear shot."

"Here" the hen handed Wade an object.

A rippling sound exuded over the radio.

"No need, it's already taken care of, hostiles down, you're welcome and oh, watch your heads boys" the voice chimed in with a broken melody of two crashing helicopters descending into the ground.

The car swerved from left to right as the broken pieces of the planes sprinkled impolitely across the building.

"Client ahead" the voice observed as the heavily damaged car drove within view of the driveway of the man who wished for the safe capture of the hen.

"Chicooooo" the client clapped in appreciation with the arrival of the hen.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Deadpool's HQ

"How's Jamie?" Deadpool wondered.

"He's fine" Siryn replied with a bit lip.

"Damn it" Deadpool groaned.

Siryn's frustration increased before ignoring Wade's attempts "So you caused almost irrepairable damage to Imaya all for a hen named Chico?"

Deadpool shrugged "What can I say? the client, Mr. Sanders was really passionate about hens and passion rubs off on me in more ways than one."

---------------------------------------------------------

Imaya, Seven Years Ago

Mr. Sanders held the hen in his arms "I missed you so much, now tell me...where is it?"

"I...don't have it" the hen informed.

The man's grip switched to the hens neck "Don't play with me Chico, I don't like it when hens play with me....they get broken."

"Could I've my money now?" Wade interrupted.

Mr. Sanders reluctantly removed his focus on the hen's neck before signalling one of his men "Yes...yes of course"

Wade glanced inside the briefcase and started to walk before hearing the hen scream.

"Enough already" Wade pleaded.

"I SAID ENOUGH" Wade demanded.

All the man did was grit his teeth and squeeze tighter "Enough? you have no idea the information this hen possesses"

A tear rolled down the hen's cheek as the air began to escape.

"What was that?" Mr. Sanders leaned in to hear the hen whisper the information he desired.

"I do belie..." the man attempted.

The gunshot came before the man could finish his sentence, the hen was dead with another bullet for Sanders.

---------------------------

Deadpool's HQ

"And that's where my voice came from" Deadpool explained.

"Wade...none of that makes any sense." Siryn insisted.

"That can happen" Wade nodded in response.

"No you don't understand, I've been to Imaya with X-Factor and there was never any report of a red ninja in an African country. In fact they were pretty afraid when they saw us in our costumes. Lastly, say what you will, hen's don't cry...what happened?"

Deadpool's hand started to shake again as he painfully accepted the truth.

He flung his bottle of whiskey at the wall "He was eleven years old."

Siryn's eyes started to swell before her face could convert to anger.

Siryn slapped Wade "Why would you let him die? why didn't you go back?"

------------------------------

Wade stood in shock as the boy lay in a pool of blood, he couldn't hear his partner screaming over the radio "GET OUT OF THERE NOW".

Cable stood in to speak Wade's unspeakable words "He tried going back, to fix what he did...but no matter how many times he tried to stop it...no matter how many times he went back in time...Chico died one way or the other."

"He cut and bruised me in the hopes that I would be provoked and wipe him from existence...so the boy could live"

No Caption Provided

"But without the boy's death, Wade wouldn't exist...he needed the money from the mission to go to Weapon X and to cure his cancer."

No Caption Provided

"But the toll would be too high if Wade was wiped from existence and the boy lived. His voice continues in Wade's head however whether real or not."

A dead silence fell on the room, there was no witty remarks or one-liners to be made, only questions.

"Where's Katie?" Deadpool intervened.

"Who?" Cable asked before having a chance to receive the answer as Deadpool dashed out the door.

"Wade, wait!" Siryn reached out before being caught by Cable.

"Don't" Cable stated "He's moving, which is a much bigger improvement than how he was for the past three hours and I also need you for one more mission."

"Mission? what mission?"

--------------------------------------

Wade switched on his phone as he dashed through the streets of New York City "KAAAAATIEEEEE...where"

RING RING

"About time you turned on your damn phone, the girl's with me...we need to talk" Bullseye commanded.

No Caption Provided

-------------------------------------------------------

Cable slotted in a memory stick into the computer "Chico was codenamed Hen for a reason. His job was to be hidden in plain sight and to find out as much information as possible for a group no one seems to knows the name of. Unfortunately he found out too much information which cost him his life."

No Caption Provided

Siryn crossed her arms neatly "How do you know all of this?"

Cable stroked his chin "In the car chase Wade told you about, the Hen placed the memory stick in Wade's pocket and told him that the men were to never get it no matter how much money or threats they offered...he's been keeping it safe ever since without knowing in his locker at Weapon X."

Siryn noted "Why didn't Wade look at it before?"

Cable skulked "He didn't...he still hasn't, the files were encrypted from the future."

Siryn made her way over to the monitor "The future? who would be able to? what's on that drive?"

"Information" Cable said.

"How big?" Siryn inquired.

Cable clicked on one of the files "Big information."

No Caption Provided

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Chapter: The List

LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2 batkevin74  Online

@irishlad: New Deadpool! Will get to this soon :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@irishlad: Cool nice to see you back. Writing wasn't that rusty :-)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4 batkevin74  Online

@irishlad: Bullseye has Katie Power...oh she's dead! And that'll make Wade annoyed and then they'll have a fight that will make the GW Bridge rumble look like an argument at a church bake sale!

A bit jumpy but that goes with the story. Well done

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5 wildvine  Moderator

So weird. But you made it make sense in the end. So great job.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter!!! I loved the talking hen reference!