Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Irishlad
No Caption Provided

Marvel Mayhem Library

---------------------------------------------

Client's Forge's Bunker

A moment of respite trickled up and down along Deadpool's spine like an army of ants as he weighed up his choices and consequences.

"TO KILL OR NOT TO KILL, THAT IS THE QUESTION" his second voice uttered in a shakespearian tone.

"I'd say we kill him" the first voice enthusiastically suggested.

"I'D SAY WE DON'T...WE COULD USE AN EVIL MANIPULATIVE BAD GUY WITH ACCESS TO EVERY SURVEILLANCE CAMERA ON EARTH" the second voice followed.

"But..."

Forge slowly raised his back and metallic arm as he began to stand up.

"You can put the gun down Wade, I just want you to think."

No Caption Provided

"Think?" Deadpool clicked the trigger into place.

"I need you" Forge stated. "I could have called any one of the X-Men, but they just wouldn't understand what I need you to do. At the same time however I understand that you're not the for the greater good type, so I made...preparations."

"PREPARATIONS?" the second voice gasped.

Forge continued "Every assassin has a calling card, as a means of credit, Bullseye's ace, Hit-Monkey's banana skin. The people who clean up after you and erase all of that evidence are then paid ten percent of what you make am I correct? but there's a problem. They haven't been paid yet because I've frozen your bank account. And your calling card? The six DP engraved golden pieces of metal in that decoy's skull and..."

Deadpool remained silent to try and cling to his composure as now both of his voices were chanting for him to fire the bullet.

Forge's left hand started to shiver as his mind began to remember how it all began.

----------------------------------------------

Four years ago, Krakoa

The Blackbird pulsed forward as the four brand new X-Men suited up into their new attire.

"This is really itchy" a blonde girl with a green domino mask commented with a furious wave of scratches.

A girl with dark hair allowed a smile "Don't worry, our first mission should be over in no time."

"You'll need to get used to being uncomfortable if you want to be X-Men" the pilot shouted back over the loud purring of the engine.

"Well you..." a slightly older woman with red hair entered before a response could be made by the girl with dark hair "role call everyone."

Petra

Kid Vulcan

Darwin

Sway

"My name is Moira" the red haired woman revealed a picture of their target "Welcome to Krakoa, Professor Xavier discovered a high energy of mutant activity from this location and sent the first X-Men in led by this man, Cyclops."

"He's cute" the blonde girl revealed to an awkward silence.

Moira flicked on as she recited the plan "Since then, all five of the original X-Men have gone off the radar and have been missing for the last week."

"So what's the plan of attack?" Vulcan asked as his eyes lit up into a glowing yellow.

"No attack. We defend and we rescue" Moira emphasised "Because we have no idea what's down there"

No Caption Provided

------------------------------------

Forge's Bunker

"YOU DID WHAT?" a ferocious smack from the pistol walloped off the client's head knocking him to the floor.

No Caption Provided

Deadpool's folded arms turned to clenched fists as every sentence resulted in a strike and a comment from Deadpool's voices.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA THE PEOPLE YOU'RE PISSING OFF? AND IF YOU EXPECT ME TO SIT BY AND LET YOU TAKE MY MONEY AND BLACKMAIL ME"

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN LET'S GET READY TO RUMB...OH NICE PUNCH TO THE SPLEEN"

"THEN YOU"

"oooooh that's a bowel busting kick there voice number two"

"ARE"

"YOU SAID IT VOICE ONE, WADE IS IN HIS PRIME HERE."

"AN IDIOT"

"AND HE'S OUT FOR THE COUNT FOLKS DING DING"

Deadpool could feel his heart knocking against his ribs as he watched the heavily bruised man shuffle back up from the ground.

"You're angry" Forge roughly inhaled "I get that, use it. Because whether you like it or not you need to deal with Sway."

Forge limped over towards his desk and searched through his drawer "Here, take these bullets, you could do without decorating your name for at least tonight."

Deadpool reloaded as Forge continued "She'll be hunting you down once she finds out I'm not really dead, go to the address I sent" Forge explained "Go there and you can find a way to stop her."

Forge returned to his office chair "I'll send a distress signal to the old X-Men receiver, I checked the pockets of the jacket she left, she kept it which probably means she'll be listening in. Here are the conditions, since you're so passionate... I'll raise your pay by twenty percent and erase any evidence that can be pinned against you once the job is done. Until then the police will be hot on your trail so be careful and if at all possible try to avoid killing her I don't want to lose her again."

-------------------------------------

Four years ago, Krakoa

No Caption Provided

"Krakoa's monster has fallen I repeat the monster has fallen" Vulcan reinstated over the radio commission to the pilot.

"Good" the pilot responded "I'll lower the Blackbird and we'll search for the others."

"Do you think we'll find them?" Darwin pondered.

Vulcan pulled the monster's tooth from his fist "Knowing our luck they're probably in that beast's stomach."

"You don't know that" Darwin informed with an abrupt shove.

Vulcan's eyes peered "do not push me."

Sway placed her hands on Vulcan's chest "That's enough fighting for today, I think we all just need some rest."

The blonde girl gazed upon the flowing green trees.

"The trees" Petra whispered to herself "They're so beautiful, the colour isn't half bad either."

Darwin shifted his head left and right "You're right, I wonder how they managed to survive with a monster like that running around."

Almost on key the trees began to move as Sway pulled Petra away "What's going on?" Petra asked observing Sway's disjointed look.

"I...I" Sway attempted.

"WHAT IS IT?" Petra yelled as the Blackbird began to dock.

"Krakoa is the monster, the mutant is the planet we're standing on we have to get out of here" Sway concluded as the planet began to ripple around them.

"Come on" Kid Vulcan dashed towards the jet with Darwin trailing behind but Petra remained still.

"What are you doing?" Sway grunted.

Petra waved her fist as Darwin and Vulcan entered the ship "I'm an X-Men and the people on this planet could still be alive, I won't give up, I can't."

-----------------------

Hank Pym's Lab

Deadpool scuffled through the vacant lab for the object "Let's see...Pym particles no, possible schematics for a robot android no, AH...here we go, nullifier that allows me to completely de-power a time manipulating psychopath, perfect!"

A dark figure emerged from the shadows and placed its shadowy hands on Deadpool's shoulders "Who?" Deadpool quickly turned but there was nothing.

"I've been following you, ever since you killed that man" it announced.

Deadpool flung his katanas left and right into the darkness of the room "Is that so?"

"Your sword swings are strong ninja" it commended.

"Who are you?" Deadpool said with an anxious tone as he could feel the breeze circulate around him due to the speed of the hostile.

"I am the door to freedom" the figure declared.

"That's ominous" Deadpool replied with yet another swing from his blade.

"I am the man of opportunity" the figure revealed.

Deadpool scratched his head "so you're a predator?"

The figure lashed out yanking Deadpool's katanas from his grasp "No..I am...DOORMAN!"

No Caption Provided

----------------------

Forge's Bunker

The woman's heels clattered against the steel pavement as she admired the row of television screens "I'm disappointed Forge, I thought you would at least try to run."

A guilt ridden Forge turned his chair towards Sway "I'm done running, I'm sorry."

Sway chuckled "No you're not, you're just disappointed too, that's why all this is here, it's who you really are in secret."

Forge proclaimed "I built all of this for you...to find you."

A serious look returned to the woman's face "Sure, I believe you. I believe that was your intention from the beginning but all it did was reveal who you truly are. You're obsessed with information, you stopped caring about me and Petra getting killed in that rescue mission a long, long time ago and the thing is you aren't even truly sorry."

"I..." Forge attempted before having his chin caught by Sway's glove "You erased your part in the rescue mission...which leads me to ask why? because you want to forget that you were young and foolish just like I was. You saved Vulcan, Darwin and Moira but you couldn't wait for Petra and I because we wanted to save the world...we wanted to defeat that monster and save the day. But you couldn't...if you had seen our faces on that day."

A flash of the past returned to Sway.

"From the beginning."

No Caption Provided

"To the end."

No Caption Provided

A pause hung in the room as Forge's eyes shifted down before a gentle touch from Sway's palm alerted him once more "We thought we were heroes, we thought we were saving you, but in the end we died on a false hope. It's alright however, I'm done being foolish."

------------------------------------------

No Caption Provided

A surprised look crinkled Deadpool's mask as he looked at his opponent.

"What say you villain are you prepared to be brought to justice?" Doorman demanded in a lunged position.

"I...I can't do this." Deadpool disclosed.

"What?" Doorman asked.

A chuckle turned to a laugh and a laugh turned to a myriad of emotions as Deadpool's laughter bursted out from within him.

Doorman stood bemused "Why are you laughing?"

"No, seriously stop it" Doorman begged trying to shake the mad man into some form of stability.

Deadpool inhaled "ahhh...you're alright kiddo but lesson number one in the manual of dealing with bad guys that do not have Thor's golden silky hair."

No Caption Provided

"If thou hast teleportation powers, do not stop for the guy with the gun."

----------------------------------------

Forge's Bunker

"What now?" Forge muttered.

Sway licked her lips "What do you think?"

"You're going to kill me" Forge accepted.

Sway waved her finger "No, no... not yet anyway. I don't want to kill a coward, I want to kill a man. I've been keeping an eye out for you over the years myself, let's see what's on the Storm channel shall we?"

Forge reluctantly changed one of the screens to Storm's room before changing the other twenty five to confirm what his eyes were seeing.

Sway whispered softly "She's fast asleep now, but do you see the other half of her room? that's right, it's caught up in time and if she were to wake up during the night for a midnight snack, well I think we both know what would happen."

Anxiety engulfed Forge's face as the woman placed a digital camera on the table "now I know you two haven't seen each other for a while but If you don't speak into that camera right there and tell the good citizens of the world what you did, I'll freeze her heart until her pulse rate trickles down to zero and both of you love birds can see what I saw. To put it simply Forge, I'll kill the only woman you ever loved."

No Caption Provided

---------------------------

Next Chapter: Secrets

THANK YOU FOR READING

No Caption Provided

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@irishlad: Oh Nos Doorman. What with Grasshopper turning up and Wildvine threatening to write Squirrel Girl it's like the GLA has assembled in Marvel Mayhem. And Forge's interaction with Sway is intense. Can't wait to see what happens next.

#shehasbeenunleashed

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese that GLA team-up would be amazing actually xD glad you liked it much appreciated :D

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Yeah I pretty much like everything the group does. PS Grasshopper is dead, he got killed by Buzz-Saw

#thetombliesbroken

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@irishlad: Doesn't @rabbitearsblog have Storm?

Anyways, asides from the edit it needs to correct punctuation and grammar, good story. Like the calling cards idea...

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: not to make you my editor or anything but for future reference so I can keep an eye out is there anything you can point to that was a reoccurring problem? Also yes, yes he does but there'll be a workaround.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishlad: Last paragraph example:

"What now?" Forge muttered.

Sway licked her lips "what do you think?"

"You're going to kill me" Forge accepted.

Sway waved her finger "no, no... not yet anyway. I don't want to kill a coward, I want to kill a man. I've been keeping an eye out for you over the years myself, let's see what's on the Storm channel shall we?"

Forge reluctantly changed one of the screens to Storm's room before changing the other twenty five to confirm what his eyes were seeing.

Sway whispered softly "she's fast asleep now, but do you see the other half of her room? that's right it's caught up in time and if she were to wake up during the night for a midnight snack, well I think we both know what would happen."

Anxiety engulfed Forge's face as the woman placed a digital camera on the table "now I know you two haven't seen each other for a while but If you don't speak into that camera right there and tell the good citizens of the world what you did, I'll freeze her heart until the rate trickles down to zero and both of you love birds can see what I saw. To put it simply Forge, I'll kill the only woman you ever loved."

Everything in bold needs a capital! Quite a lot of your sentences in speech don't start with capitals.

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Irishlad

@batkevin74: ironically enough I was told to not have capitals in the speeches by someone else so in the edit I tried locking my habit of putting capitals in the speeches. Based on a quick Google search you seem to be the one who's right so ill change that in the edit. Thanks for the help and reading.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishlad: Whoever gave you that piece of advice should be beaten with a book! :) Check out Howard & Charles when you get a chance and also.....Bullseye in a few minutes! Tick tick tick....get ready for the

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

I enjoyed this. Still wanna know why Forge is keeping tabs on everyone. Maybe next issue.

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine Glad you liked it, I will warn you there's no big jaw dropping reason for Forge doing it but there is an interesting one which will be revealed in the next issue :P

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#13  Edited By cbishop

I'm not familiar with Sway and the X-Men you used for the Krakoa mission, so that part wasn't as interesting to me. The Deadpool/ Doorman scene was cool though. Liked it.

Added to my FF Long Box - Groups. :)

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop No worries, this should be wrapped up in the next chapter but if you're interested before the "New X-Men" (Storm, Wolverine etc.)

Those four were supposed to be the new ones and were sent to rescue the original five, but it went horribly wrong and Petra and Sway both died with Vulcan (third Summers brother) and Darwin escaping.

Thank you very much for the comment :D.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@irishlad: So the first class were rescued by the second class of X-Men and they all died? Is this correct? I'm trying to work that bit out...or is..I'll wait for the explanation. Story is quite good especially Forge going all Howard Hughes/Mr Burns watching everyone on monitors :)

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson: the original version professor x gets Moira to teach a new group of x men since the original five cyclops, jean grey, beast, angel and iceman went missing on the island of krakoa but it ended up being a living planet and they were held captive. The second team which is in this story went to rescue but Petra and Sway died in the island. Vulcan and Darwin escaped on the ship. Thanks for the comment and kind words its much appreciated

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter! It was pretty interesting that you mentioned the first mission in rescuing the original 5 X-Men from Krakoa since most people don't mention that event. As for the Storm and Forge relationship, do you think it might result in a crossover with Astonishing X-Men?