Marvel Mayhem: Deadly Foes of Spiderman #3 (of 4)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Deadly Foes of Spiderman #3 (of 4)

All Characters are Owned by Marvel Comics

For Marvel Mayhem visit the Library or visit the Group’s Facebook Page

For the Previous Issue Follow the Link to Part 2

Peter walked down the corridor, aware that until he got into costume there was nothing he could do to stop Steeplejack or any of the other villains who had taken over the Daily Bugle building. As they neared the toilets the sound of My Little Cloud Land by Cherry Five sounded from deep in the tactical hard case Steeplejack wore on his thigh. With a deep sigh he pulled out the phone and looked at the number before glaring at Peter.

“It’s for you.” He groaned before throwing the phone at Peter, the receiver barley catching the device. Pressing the accept button he put the device to his ear and got ready for the bad news.

“Aunt May are you…” Peter asked before he heard a man’s deep sigh.

No Caption Provided

“Peter it’s me. We need to talk.”

“Uncle Ben?!” Peter spluttered before holding the phone at arms length and checking the number. “It can’t be you.”

“Oh but it is Peter or should I say Spiderman.” The man on the other end of the phone stated. “Don’t deny it, that buzzing sound you’ve been hearing, that was due to me following you, learning who you are, where you live and who you care about.”

“Chameleon!” Peter growled. “Listen if you so much as touch Aunt May I'm going to…”

“You’re going to what?” Chameleon snickered. “While I hold all the cards you will play by the rules I’ve set up for this game. Now listen because I hate repeating myself, this is a three player match; you, me and the mystery figure. Nobody else gets involved; you don’t call anyone about my little plan. No doubt the great city of New York will figure about the Bugle building in due time but for now those hostages are not your main concern.”

“I’m not going to do this Chameleon!” Peter snarled, “Not until I know that Aunt May is alive.”

“Proof of life, smart, very smart Spiderman or can I call you Peter?” Chameleon mocked. “That’s fair, once the rules are set then I will give you proof of life. Now onto rule two; this ‘game’ is timed, you have twenty minutes from when you put down the phone to get home or Aunt May dies. And that comes to rule three, should you beat me, an automatic signal will be sent to Menace and the boys with orders to kill everyone. And I assume you know that there isn’t enough time to defeat all five of my cronies and get to May in time. Now before we start do you have any questions?”

“Who is player three?” Peter asked aggressively as he glowered at Steeplejack. “And why are you doing this now?”

No Caption Provided

“Good Questions, ones that have an answer back home.” The Chameleon hissed. “Now I know you’re feeling unwell but do try you’re best, it would be a shame for dear old doddering May to die because the gas I had Smyth and AIM rig up was retarding your powers. Now as we say in Russia; ‘Dasvedanya’.” Before hanging up the phone and turning to the bound woman on the sofa. “Now, now my darling May, you shouldn’t be angry at me I’m just following orders. If you’re nephew had been more careful this would never have happened.” He added as a female figure dressed in a black leather corset, trousers and flowing cape, a wide brimmed hat pulled down over her face leaving nothing of her features visible save two glowing eyes. “Is the tech in your costume running at an optimum level?” He asked as May struggled against the bonds.

“Yes, I’m ready for this.” The woman stated, “Parker or Spiderman or whoever he is took revenge on my father and murdered him. “And now I get to do the same and see him watch as I kill the woman he loves most.”

“Good, and when Parker is crying broken in the corner I will deliver the final blow. I will become him, show the world what there hero really is, not the menace the Bugle publish, not the champion of the man on the street, not even the misunderstood loner that haunts the dreams of criminals. No the world will see him as you and I see him my dear Death-Stalker, they will see him as the monster he really is!!” Chameleon cackled only to be interrupted by May’s spluttering. “What you old crone, do you have something to say?!” He asked before removing May’s gag.

“My Peter would never hurt anyone, he’s a good man, it is people like you are the monsters!!!” May spat before the Chameleon reapplied the gag over her mouth.

“I will be so glad when she’s dead.” He snarled, “How long until the deadline expires?”

“Seventeen minutes.” Death-Stalker answered. “Can he make it here in time?”

“Of course not.” The Chameleon replied with a smile before tapping the earpiece. “Darrance do you have a visual? You do, okay then do what the boss is paying you for and cripple him. He must not make it here in time.”

42nd Street, New York City

Peter’s arms were killing him, without his superhuman endurance or strength the mere inertia from web swinging was draining all his energy fast. At this rate he was going to get home too late, and all other methods were out of the question. Aunt May is going to die. He mused, she’s going to die like Uncle Ben and it’s all because of me. And then there are the people back at the Daily Bugle, I just left them to die for my own selfish reasons. Perhaps the Chameleon is right and all the time I spent fighting freaks and monsters like him, Norman Osborne and Doctor Octopus was changing me into the worst version of myself. His thoughts came to an abrupt end as a high powered rifle shot sounded and a bullet slashed through his wrist, the force of the bullet shattering his bones, web shooter and concentration and sent him crashing into the pavement.

“Ow really…missing…my spider sense.” He moaned as he picked himself up before another round lanced out, the bullet ripping through his knee this time and sending him sprawling to the floor as the people milling about begun to flee in terror screaming. “Chameleon must get to Chameleon.” He groaned as he got up and staggered forward seconds before spotting the silvery glint of light bouncing off a sniper scope. Collapsing behind an off-duty taxi, it’s deformed almost duck like occupant sleeping in the front seat not noticing the commotion, he watched the bullet lance past into the sidewalk where he had been standing. Is this really how it ends, He thought, all those times I won against people like the Hobgoblin, Vulture, Shocker and Electro and I get taken out by a gun. And when it does end it will seal Aunt May’s and the others fates as well. He added as a man dressed in hunting leathers clutching a rifle propelled himself off the perch and landed safely on the ground.

“Spiderman!” He called out in a South African accent. “Come out and I’ll even out those knees!” He offered in a harsh sadistic tone.

No Caption Provided

“I don’t have time for this Crocodile Dundee!” Spiderman yelled back as the marksman got closer.

“Crocodile Dundee?! You bloody Yank I’m South African you idiot!” The Marksmen yelled. “Name’s Darrance but everyone calls me Deadshot when I’m working.”

“Deadshot, Deadpool, Dead Ringer. Why does there have to be so much ‘Dead’ people?” Spiderman asked. “Now let me go before I do something I regret.”

“You’re wounded Spiderman. I doubt you will be a threat to me.” Deadshot stated as he levelled his rifle at the crouched hero. “I wasn’t paid to kill you, just stall you. Comply and I’ll make your life easier for a time, work against me and I start targeting innocents.”

I can’t risk this psycho targeting random pedestrians. I need to take him out and quickly. Unfortunately most of my bad guys don’t carry guns and I’m usually not bleeding out on the street. That said this guy is more of an idiot then losers like Screwball and Grizzly. Wait Screwball, of course why didn’t I think of that, alright I found my way home within the time limit now I just need to loose Deadshot Peter mused before looking at Deadshot and holding his remaining good hand above his head “Okay, okay you win. I could really use some coffee”

“Coffee?” Deadshot stated in surprise as he turned to look at the Internet Café behind him. “But the Chameleon has your aunt hostage. Surely you should…”

“Should not anger the man with the rifle threatening to shoot people.” Spiderman answered. “I could use a hand getting there, you did put a round through my knee.” He sighed. Shaking his head Deadshot walked over and supported Peter on his shoulder and carried him over to the café. Sitting Peter down it didn’t take long for the assassin to get coffee.

“Why did you give up?” Deadshot asked as Peter winced and drank the coffee he had been brought.

“Give up?” Spiderman asked as he span round to face the mercenary. “No I’m just playing by the rules!” He snarled before throwing the coffee in Deadshot’s face causing him to rear back screaming as Spiderman jumped off the chair and kickied it into his legs, the seat hitting him in the groin and causing him to drop his rifle. Reaching out Spiderman caught the weapon and smacked Deadshot round the scarred and steaming face with the rifle’s butt, the blow flooring the assassin. Before Deadshot had even hit the floor Peter was back facing the computer and watching the connection as he sent a skype request to his home computer, hoping the Chameleon was smart enough to think of the loophole.

“Well, well, well.” A familiar voice sounded through the computer’s speakers. “Looks like you found a way here after all.”

“Jessica?” Peter gasped as the shadowed face of Death Stalker swam into view. “Where is the Chameleon?”

“Out!” Jessica answered before shifting the web cam to show a bound Aunt May on the sofa. “Luckily he left me the instructions for round two so we can continue playing.”

“Why Jessica, why do this you are not a bad person?” Peter asked. “Why help the Chameleon target my family?”

“Because you targeted mine! You hounded my father, scared him and then killed him! He was a good man before you started harassing him!” Jessica spat. “You took my family away from me and now…now I repay the favour.” She snarled before walking over to the bound scared Aunt May before removing the gag. “Talk to her, say goodbye, it’s more then you gave me.”

No Caption Provided

“Peter tell me it’s not true.” Aunt May cried. “Tell me you’re not that awful Spiderman, that you didn’t kill her father.”

“I can’t Aunt May.” Peter stated, his voice wavering, “I didn’t kill you father Jessica, he died of a heart attack now stop this your scaring her!”

“LIAR! You wanted him dead!!” Jessica cried.

“I…I don’t even know who you are.” Aunt May wheezed before attempting to clutch her chest. “Please Peter, you’re breaking my heart.”

“He can’t, he lied to you, brought this on you.” Jessica hissed in her ear as Peter got to his feet adrenaline taking over his body before knocking the computer off the table in a fit of rage. As the screen died he saw Death-Stalker close Aunt May’s scared eyes before hearing the scratchy audio devoid of images. “We’ll be seeing you soon.”

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese:

I'm just gonna say this feels like more then just a mini. I mean, I don't see how Spider-Man can resolve all this mess in one issue. Guess we'll find out.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Ding dong, the witch is soon to be dead! Adios May! 1912-2014, you've lived a good life.

Also, there's a Marvel Deadshot?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Cruel but I guess you hated her as much as myself. And yes Deadshot Darrance was a Black Widow foe. A former big game hunter who decided to graduate to even deadlier prey.

@wildvine: Oh trust me it can in a sense. It's more of a herald for something else. (Not Galactus though)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

DEADSHOT?! WHAT?! HOW?! WHEN?! ...I'm confused...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers