Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Crossed Wires #1 - Villains United Achievement

All characters are owned by Marvel Comics

For more Marvel Mayhem check out the Library and the Group's Facebook Page

Silently the man tip-toed out of the room, glancing back over his shoulder at the woman he was leaving behind snored loudly and stirred slightly in her sleep. Wearing nothing but a pair of socks, boxers and a goofy looking visor he reached the door and opened it slightly before slipping through. “Sorry Allison but my princess is in another castle.” He whispered before coming face to face with a pot bellied old woman clutching a pair of shopping bags. “No please don’t…” He stammered only to be interrupted by a scream.

“You filthy pervert!” The woman screamed. “Put some clothes on you disgusting man!!” The man cringed as he heard the sound of movement behind him, and smelt the odour of burning linen.

No Caption Provided

“Great lady.” He hissed as he formed a hard light uniform around him. “I got so close to getting the ‘Silent Exfil’ Achievement but you had to ruin it.” He stated as he pushed past her and headed for the stairs, as seconds later the door exploded open and a blonde woman emerged wearing nothing but her brassiere and a thong.

“Wirehead you d**k” The woman yelled as she chased after him, electricity arching along the hall as she ran. “What the hell did you do to me?”

“I defragged the system.” Wirehead yelled back as he reached the window and leapt the five stories to the pavement below, a hastily summoned hard light crash-mat breaking his fall. “It’s just a glitch in the programming, call tech support not me.” He added as the woman reached the window and glowered at him as he sprinted across the road and merged with the crowd.

“You’d better run freak!!” She screamed. “I’m calling daddy.” She moaned before looking down at the cheat codes etched into her arm. “This isn’t over. Nobody uses techno voodoo on Aftershock and gets away with it.”

Wirehead hummed as he walked down the street, occasionally shooting a smile at people as they walked past. Not that they smiled back, walking around in costume; be it that of a super hero or, as he was more often then not typecast a villain, always attracted the wrong kind of attention.

“Excuse me.” An Arizonan accented voice called from behind. “You in the helmet.” Wirehead turned and located the source of the call as a red headed woman clad in an urban cowgirl outfit with glasses framing her forest green eyes.

“Sorry we’re only allowing single player mode this morning.” Wirehead stated as he quickened the pace. “Online multiplayer is down for maintenance.”

“Mr Wirehead please.” The woman stated as they reached the street corner. “It’s an emergency.”

“Not interested, I prefer going with the renegade option in RPG type situations like this.” Wirehead answered as he hastily summoned a set of hard light Tetris blocks and slotted them into the alley between two buildings. “Go buy Heroes for Hire: Cage Rage if you want a dashing white knight.” He added as he hopped up the blocks to an open window and climbed in. “Man these costume chasers are getting insane.” He added as he turned the light on and collapsed onto the pile of pizza boxes covering the bed.

“Mr Wirehead please I need to speak to you about…” Before she could finish Wirehead blocked the window with more Tetris blocks before closing his eyes.

”Time to recharge the batteries.” He added as he switched off his visor and got up from the bed. “Man that’s painful, the real world stinks…kind of like half eaten pizza.” He stated as there was a knock on the door. Without even looking around he crept over to the door and looked through the peep hole to see the woman from earlier standing outside.

No Caption Provided

“You have to talk to me please?” She pleaded. “My name is Jaime Slade, and I…” She stopped as Wirehead opened the door.

“You want to play a game right?” He asked as he switched his visor back on. “I guess I could have an NPC sidekick in my new adventure.” He added. “Costume has to change though, the Weird West is so Late 90s.”

“Oh I can handle that.” Jaime stated as her entire apparel turned ghostly white. “Thanks for taking this off the street; it’ll make taking that visor from you a lot easier.”

“But…I thought.” Wirehead stammered as he summoned up a hard light shield. “Guess I shouldn’t have been taken in by those fancy graphics.” He sighed as his foe opened fire with a pair of revolvers, the bullets bouncing off his shield. “So it’s online piracy you’re up to, shame on you Jaime.”

“Call me Spectre.” Jaime hissed as Wirehead reached out behind him and sent the Tetris blocks flying at her, the colourful projectiles boxing her in.

“Well that was easy but then the first boss usually is.” Wirehead snickered as Spectre flashed a coy smile at him. “Uh oh that means the Boss is about to use a wickedly awesome special attack and start round two. That or summon some…whoa.” Before he could finish a pool ball came rolling towards him and exploded the blast knocking him off his feet.

“Thanks for removing the window cover game boy.” 8-Ball stated as he stood perched on the window ledge. “You have something that doesn’t belong to you and we’re being paid a lot of cash to help get it back.” He added as Wirehead shook his head, red light creeping up the sides of his visor.

“Got to…get behind cover.” He groaned as he summoned up a hard light barricade. “Got to…regain health.” He moaned as Spectre and 8-Ball looked at each other and opened fire, bullets and exploding projectiles bouncing off the screen. With a deep breath Wirehead watched the red light of death fade, and summoned up a massive pair of shoulder canons before popping out from behind cover. “I’m back to full health and got my BFG and his BFGF as back-up. Start running punks.” He growled before charging his weapons. Shooting each other nervous looks 8-Ball and Spectre stood their ground, both of them watching the floor.

“Come on you freak, come on.” 8-Ball sighed nervously as an electronic bell chimed, signifying that the weapons were ready to fire.

“See you in hell mercenary scum.” Wirehead snarled. “And next time I’ll make sure to turn on…bah.” As he was ready to fire a blood red clawed hand busted through the floor and dragged Wirehead down, his shots going wide and scorching his apartment’s ceiling.

No Caption Provided

“Overrider, Wraithwitch you took your sweet time getting here.” Spectre hissed as she dropped down the hole to where Wirehead was being held tight by Wraithwritch’s powerful grip. “Do you have the control virus for the visor?”

“Uploading it now.” Overrider stated as he removed a barbed spike from his belt and plunged it into the visor. “Just keep him restrained for a few seconds more Wraithwitch.” He added as Wirehead’s body grew hard light spikes that dug into his captor’s body.

“Vou soster o tempo necesario!!” Wraithwitch snapped before screaming in pain as Wirehead got loose, her stomach ripped open. Reaching up he removed the spike from his visor and crushed it before turning to his three attackers.

“Game Over!!” He snarled as 8-Ball ran at him, pool cue in hand ready to strike. Summoning up a hard light rapier, Wirehead parried 8-Balls blow, before ripping off his bandolier of pool balls and dropping a lit hard-light Molotov cocktail, the IED exploding and engulfing the villain in a halo of flame. “Okay wants to be Player 2 next?” He asked. “

“Eu son.” Wraithwitch grunted as she looped a section of her intestine around Wirehead’s neck and pulled it close. Moving in Overrider removed a second spike and stabbed it into the entry hole made by the first weapon.

“Virus uploaded.” He stated as the device glowed red. “Release him.” He added as 8-Ball got to his feet. “Enjoy the rest of your life idiot you don’t have much left.”

“Uh.” Wirehead grunted before blacking out on the pavement. “What…did…?”

“So the tracking cookies are online, as it the worm we created.” The armoured figure announced as he bowed down before the man sitting in the throne. “Soon we will have the rouge element under control. All that’s left is to reclaim the visor and fix the system error.”

“Good, I’m surprised the mercenaries we hired succeeded but we can’t rely on them to finish the job.” The seated man announced. “Mr Oakley despite his idiocy is a skilled tactician and an adaptable foe.”

“Then let us finish it my Baron.” The bowing man stated as a pair of cybernetic coils slithered over his hands.

”No Technospike.” The man stated as he moved his hand, a crude blood covered claw emblazoned with the HYDRA crest. “I believe another’s touch is required.” He added as a red headed woman stepped into the room. “Detective Riordan I have a deadly fugitive who needs catching and I believe you are just the woman to do the job.”

No Caption Provided

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Was that Electro's daughter at the start?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Yep that was Aftershock. She and Wirehead escaped at the end of Masters of Evil and it looks like he got lucky.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5  Edited By The Impersonator

This is a good chapter. However, your subtitle shows that there's another comic book series.

No Caption Provided

If you didn't know about this, you should indicate that this title isn't part of the series you're writing.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Didn't know about that. And yes the Villain's Tale is my own villainous project. Hopefully the 'Marvel' in the title is evidence enough.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Just checking. I'm only giving you a piece of advice.

By the way, are there going to be any crossovers in Crossed Wires? *Fingers Crossed* =P

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: And the main character (Wirehead) is so obscure that I doubt anyone would consider him a high priority for a crossover.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Impersonator
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Ahhh geek sex puns :)

“Sorry we’re only allowing single player mode this morning.” Wirehead stated as he quickened the pace. “Online multiplayer is down for maintenance.” This is quite funny, he could just ignore her and keep going off to the market :) Also the cowboy is late 90's.

Wondering where you go from here though?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Yeah for the cowboy thing I was referring to my strange obsession with Shinia Twain when I was little. And thanks I try I honestly do. As for where it goes next...come on it's me I have a Machiavellian mind, I always have something up my sleeve

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter! I've never heard of these characters, but they are already getting my attention!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson: Yeah he kind of is. Wirehead believes he's in a video game and has the power to from anything out of hard light. All that power has made him a bit crazy. But then that's where the fun is.