ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Avengers/Villain's Tale #4 - Supporting Characters

All Characters save for the Wrecker Impersonator (not the Fan-Fic Writer of the same name though) are owned by Marvel Comics

Want more Marvel Mayhem? Check out the Library and the Group's Facebook Page

Missed Last Issue? Check it out here.

Avenger’s Mansion, New York City

Edwin Jarvis kicked the vacuum cleaner as it stalled before spitting out a cloud of thick dust and smoke. “Looks like its back to the old classics.” He sighed before picking up the machine and walking over to the supply closet. Feeling the back of the Hoover he stopped as his fingers moved over a flat disc attached via magnets to the base. “Curious, what is this?” He mused as he removed the micro-computer, a red stylised O printed on the top. Walking over to the nearest intercom he held down the button before muttering, “Fabian I have something up here that might interest you.”

“What is it?” Came the reply, the voice crackling over the intercom.

“Foreign technology.” Jarvis replied, “Some kind of electronic overrider, it was attached to my vacuum cleaner. Since Master Stark is out of the country at the moment I thought you would like to analyze it before he gets home.”

No Caption Provided

“Sure I can take a look.” Fabian answered as a bound figure looked on with big frightened eyes. “I’ll be there soon.” He added before turning to look at the doppelganger tied up on the floor. “So do I look the part?” He asked as the shadowy figure of Backlash emerged, his whips slightly dragging the bound Fabian along the floor slightly.

“You look like the real thing.” Backlash snorted. “Still, the Avengers might not be fooled. Stark is smart and the others aren’t idiots but that’s beside the point. If we can’t take out the security systems and the support staff this occupation will be stonewalled no matter who we have on side.”

“Agreed.” The fake Fabian announced. “Doom this is Wraithwitch. First target is down, I repeat the Mechanaught is down but before we can proceed, we need the internal security arrays shut down.”

“Do not disturb Doom while he plans Dire Wraith!” Doom answered over the comms system. “I have planned this siege meticulously. Minions Spectre and Black Wing are on-route to the main security hub as we speak.

Spectre slipped through the reinforced blast doors into the vacant command hub before coming to a stop beside a massive bank of computer consoles, each one showing readouts and schematics of the mansion’s impressive security features. Running her hand through the machinery she stopped when she found the main motherboard and removed it before slamming an overrider disc into its place with the other.

“Security systems are now ours.” She purred, “Comms are still on line but that’s all up to you Blackwing.” She added as she watched her partner in crime, on a computer screen; drop out of an air vent and into the communications tower before delicately removing the wireless router. “E-Mail is down.” She added as Blackwing removed a serrated knife and cut the phone line. “So is external communications, just the internal internet to go.” She added.

No Caption Provided

“It’ll have to wait, somebody is coming.” Blackwing hissed as he slipped behind the door, the device sliding open seconds later to reveal an elderly woman in a wheelchair, the chair silently rolling in. Stopping by the cut wire she looked down before propelling herself to the nearest intercom terminal.

“Stop her quietly.” Spectre hissed as Blackwing shifted behind her. Within seconds a swarm of bats had descended from the vent he had arrived through, and swarmed the woman, their bites drawing blood until she slumped back in her chair, bleeding from a multitude of bites. Walking past her Blackwing slotted the knife into the intercom, removed the cover and clicked the power from on to off.

“Communications are severed.” Blackwing hissed. “Plus we took down Peggy Carter in the process as well.”

”Good work minion Blackwing.” Doom announced over the radio. “Minion Butterfly Minion Overrider and Minion Rock Python will deal with the Hanger, the one know as Moonhunter is still active and should he escape, could be a major threat to our plans.”

“It’s Tiger Moth.” Tiger Moth snapped, “Say it with me T-I-G-E-R Moth, not Butterfly.”

“Quiet, I can see out guy.” Overrider hissed as a man dressed in silver, with a matching mask and dreads walked out of the corridor, a pair of pistols holstered on his belt. “Okay Rock Python, Tiger Moth, you guys distract him while I disable the Quinn Jet.” He added as Moonhunter pressed a button on a platform, an automated refuelling station rising up, ready to be hooked up to the Quinn Jet’s Hydrogen Cell. “Go!” He snapped as the two villains sprinted towards Moonhunter. Turning the seasoned werewolf hunter reacted quickly enough to return fire as Rock Python threw a set of heavy balls at him, the projectiles meeting with each other and exploding in a shower of stone chips.

“What is this?” Moonhunter asked as Tiger Moth shook his wings, a wave of exploding scales striking the hero in the face, the effect charring his mask and armour. “Who are you some kind of Butterfly villain?”

No Caption Provided

”It’s TIGER MOTH!!!” Tiger Moth spat as he stabbed his mechanical proboscis into Moonhunter’s chest, only for the hero to snap the protrusion and push him back.

“Don’t worry moth I got him.” Rock Python snorted in amusement as one of his bolas wrapped around Moonhunter, the constricting force crushing his armour. “How’s it going Overrider?”

”Done.” Overrider answered as he slipped round from behind the wheels of the plane. “Step back, let the mounted somni-ray generator on this thing do its job.” He added as he mentally ordered the Quinn Jet to fire a beam of cyan energy at Moonhunter. Seconds later the hero was on the floor snoring, seemingly unaware of the trio of intruders or the coils wrapped round his chest.

“Cool, Doom this is Rock Python. HangerBay secure, who do we bust up next now Moonhunter is sleeping?”

“That is for this so called ‘Wrecking Crew’ to deal with. For now keep Moonhunter secure, until we secure the brig.” Doom ordered. “These so called ‘heroes’ are not our concern and as such I won’t see them harmed beyond what is necessary to secure them.

“Yeah right.” Masterlink grunted as he watched the immense yellow skinned man shift slightly as he watered the plants in the greenhouse annexed to the mansion. “This guy isn’t going to go down easily.”

“That’s the point; we need to establish our rep.” The Wrecker purred. “Show people that we’re not moronic copies.”

“Too much talking not enough ripping things apart!!” Pickaxe grunted as he stroked the massive blade attached to his left hand. “I want to stick it to this guy and show Jackhammer and those other Power Tool rejects what they are missing.” He added before sprinting forward and smashing his blade into the man’s back.

“Too late boss what do we do?” Excavator asked as he held his shovel, nervousness radiating on his voice.

No Caption Provided

“Attack!!” The Wrecker ordered as Masterlink charged in only to be floored by the flying body of Pickaxe as he was blasted back with a radiation burst. Slipping round her two tangled comrades she slammed the crowbar into the groundskeeper’s kneecap, the tool bouncing off but leaving a stinging welt where it had struck.

“This will not stand.” The yellow skinned man growled as he picked the Wrecker up by the crowbar and held her over his head. “I’m a man of peace but I will defend myself if I have to.” He added as the sky darkened and a bolt of lightning lanced down and struck the Wrecker, electricity arching down her body as she became taller, more regal looking and more muscular. With an evil smirk she punched her free hand into her captor’s face causing him to drop her before following it up with a swipe from her crowbar.

“Man of Peace, prepare to be wrecked.” She roared as she slammed the tool, prongs first into his face. “Now listen up crew, let’s show these punk Avengers that the Wrecking Crew is back and better then ever.”

“It appears as if the Wrecking Crew has been successful in bringing down Nuklo, the Avenger’s Groundskeeper.” Doom stated over the radio as 8-Ball hung in the shadow of the stairwell, watching as Jarvis approached his position. Only the butler remains, he added as 8-Ball reached out and grabbed the man.

“Not anymore.” 8-Ball announced before whispering something in the butler’s ear seconds before he went limp. “Congratulations, the Mansion is ours.” He added before swapping over to the private radio link. “It’s done; the Growing Man will shut down soon, get ready to come home and don’t forget to look surprised.”