Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Avengers/Villain's Tale #3 - Growing Problems

All Characters are owned by Marvel Comics

Want some more Marvel mayhem? Try checking out The Library or the Group's Facebook Page

Missed Last Issue? Check it out here

Burton Canyon Agricultural College, Burton Canyon, Colorado

The Quinn Jet flew low over Burton Canyon Agricultural College, the campus rocked by the footsteps of the terrible machine called the Growing Man. Already standing at twelve foot tall the automaton seemed to be more interested in dismantling tractors then purposefully destroying the campus buildings.

“Okay so the Growing Man hit on a good day.” Falcon stated as the Growing Man walked towards the cafeteria building. “Most of the students were on spring break, the rest got to a fallout shelter installed in the town to warn of attacks from Graviton.”

“Run over it again what does the Growing Man do exactly?” Foxx asked as the Growing Man looked up and tracked the Quinn Jet’s flight path with a very visible movement of the head.

No Caption Provided

“It grows when you strike it.” Yellowjacket told her as the Quinn Jet came in to land in the college’s deserted parking lot. “And it has no limits unlike organic users of Pym Particles.”

“That is not all.” Chain Lightning added. “Back on Counter Earth I encountered one of these Growing Men under the control of the Meck -Kannibal. Instead of getting larger it shattered into smaller copies.”

“Whatever kind it is we can take it down.” Captain America stated as the Avengers exited the Quinn Jet to come face to face with the Growing Man. “Avengers Assemble and take that robot down.”

“No problem.” Yellowjacket announced through gritted teeth before slugging the Growing Man in the face, the blow causing the robot to shudder slightly before punching back, the blow causing Yellowjacket to shrink down back to her normal size. “Okay so we may have a problem, it has some kind of Pym Particle injector in it’s knuckles.”

”So we don’t hit it ourselves.” Falcon announced as he and Stingray flew past before the former unleashed a salvo of darts at the Growing Man. Unmoving the Growing Man was struck by a hail of projectiles, the impact sending them tumbling away as they grew in size, until they were fifteen foot long blades falling out of the sky.

“Not a good idea.” Captain America stated as he sheltered under his shield from the deadly hail of lethal blades. “Maybe an energy attack will be more effective?” He suggested as the last of the darts hit the ground. Without even needing a word Chain Lightning joined Stingray in the air before firing waves of electricity at the Growing Man, the combined onslaught causing the construct to stagger backwards.

”Seems to work Cap.” Stingray called as the Growing Man opened up an array of microscopic silos across its body and released a swarm of rockets. “Who hold on it’s fired some kind of…wait everyone scatter now!!” He called out as the rockets grew as they flew towards the Avengers. Separating the team leapt just in time as the administration building exploded in a ball of orange flame.

“Maybe we should get Hank on the line?” Falcon asked as he got to his feet and flew past the Growing Man. “He might be useful in this particular situation.”

“Negative, Pym is busy working on something else but it might be worth calling Stark in on this.” Captain America sighed. “Until then it’s up to us to stop the Growing Man’s rampage…in whatever way we can.”

Anti Land Mine Summit, Angola

What had been a peaceful demonstration supported by the government had quickly descended into a blood bath. Today had been meant to spell the beginning of the end to the problems caused by land-mines with the international release of the Stark Tech Mine Removal Low Altitude Unmanned Drone. Unfortunately the local Advanced Genocide Mechanics terror cells had other ideas and had brought the technology to end the problem permanently. And while many ran in panic from AGMs attacks one man stood his ground. Clad in armour Tony Stark AKA Iron Man returned fire with AGM technicians as they opened fire with pulse rifles on what had been the stage.

No Caption Provided

“So that’s the problem Tony.” Captain America stated over the Avengers comm. Link. “We have never seen this kind of Growing Man before; its inventive usage of Pym Particles is a particularly clever design.”

“Not that I'm thrilled you called me first.” Tony answered as he blasted an AGM fighter running towards him with an energy machete. “But aren’t Pym Particles more of Hank’s thing?”

“They are but you know that Hank has retreated from active heroics, he’s content to work on the problems of tomorrow rather then quell the ones of today.” Steve replied as Iron Man took off and flew to the other end of the compound where a retro-fitted T90 Assault Tank was swivelling its main gun to face him. Firing first Tony released a mini missile at the vehicle, the tiny projectile exploding in an almighty fireball that engulfed the tank in thick red flames.

“Well once I'm done here, I'll head back to the Mansion and see what I can do to help from there.” Tony told him. “I’m glad I packed a suit of armour to come with me now, somehow I don't think a two thousand dollar Armani suit could repel plasma fire.” He added before firing a repulsor beam at a team of AGM mercenaries hiding behind the buffet table.

“Do you have an ETA until you can disengage?” Steve asked as Tony knocked aside a second table, this one being propelled towards him with a tripod mounted gravity gun.

“90 seconds, maybe 120.” Tony answered as he locked onto the gun’s power source and shut it down remotely.

“Stark!!” A voice bellowed beneath him as a man dressed in grey armour, his helmet decorated like an antelope skull stepped over an unconscious AGM agent. “Your inventions threaten AGM and for that you must die.”

“Sounds like more then 90 seconds to me.” Steve stated as Tony opened fire with repulsors only for his opponent to dart forward and smash into him, the memento propelling them both into a burnt out T-90.

“Nah it’s just a wannabe in a cheap imitation suit.” Tony answered. “So let me guess, you’re the Steel Impala or something like that.”

No Caption Provided

“Names don't matter!” The horned figure snarled. “All that matters is that people’s livelihoods are preserved. Do you know how many bomb techs will be put out of work because of your toys?” He asked as he slammed an energy dagger into Stark’s chest, the discharge biting into the Arc Reactor and causing the suit’s body monitoring to flare and scream a warning about excessive radiation. Activating his Biological Support Systems he watched as the energy field filtered out the worst of the 'dirty discharge' produced by the dagger.

“And do you know how many lives my ‘toys’ will save?” Tony asked back before firing off a blast from his Uni-Beam, the energy discharge knocking back the horned man through the wrecked tank and into the stage. Getting to their feet both armoured combatants powered up their weapons, ready to strike.

“Twenty Seconds Stark.” Steve whispered. “Are you going to finish on time or not?”

“Of course, but don’t you have something better to do?” Tony answered back as he and the horned man fired, plasma repulsor blasts meeting high octane capacity flamethrower jets and exploding in a ball of ruby red energy. His scanners shorting out Tony peered through the smoke only to see the opposing armoured figure charge towards him, a pair of energy daggers in his hands. Not even visibly reacted Tony reset the Gravity Gun and stepped aside, the AGM weapon opening fire and capturing his foe in the tractor beam.

“Done and five seconds to spare.” Tony gasped before looking down at the Energy Dagger embedded in his chest. “Okay on your Growing Man problem, while fighting whoever goat-man is I came up with a solution; I’ll relay it to you on the way back to the mansion. I don't want this energy dagger stuck in the Arc Reactor any longer then I have to.”

“If you have any problems just call.” Steve told him.

“Please it’s the Mansion.” Tony snorted in amusement. “What could possibly go wrong in my own home.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

More Avengers exclusive then heavy. Who is the goatman?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: A War Machine Villain called Quarry