Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Avengers/Villain's Tale #1: Offers of Power

All Characters are owned by Marvel Comics

Want more Marvel Mayhem? Check out the Library and the Group's Facebook Page

Avengers Mansion

“Will you hurry it up?” A woman’s voice asked as dainty blue fingers danced over the keyboard. “You know whose house this is?” It added as a loading bar moved along the screen.

“I know Chain Lightning.” The blue skinned woman with scarlet locks hissed. “Do your job and keep watch. Last thing we need is for the Avengers to walk in.”

No Caption Provided

“You don't have to tell me Mystique, if that is even really your own name.” Chain Lightning crackled as she extended talons made from pure energy from her fingers. “Now hurry…” Before she could finish the door at the end of the room slide open. “They're here; finish the download so we can get out of here.”

“Stall them.” Mystique ordered as the familiar forms of the Falcon and Yellowjacket entered the room.

“Well look here.” Yellowjacket buzzed. “And people say home entertainment systems suck these days.” She added as Chain Lightning cracked her knuckles, the movement sending sparks flying. “So Mystique you really thought that the Stark Soft package in the Avengers computer wouldn’t log your unauthorised access attempt?”

“You idiot, you lead them straight to us!!” Chain Lightning bellowed as Mystique turned to face her comrade in arms. “I’m not getting sent down the river because of you.”

“Then do your job and keep them away from us!” Mystique snarled as Falcon fired a net at the pair, the heavy weighted end slamming down on the shape shifting mutant and pinning her to the floor. With a scream of rage Chain Lightning accelerated at the Avengers, electricity arching across the entire room. Rolling her eyes Yellowjacket fired a bio-energy pulse as the intruder, the beam of energy ripping through her and creating a fist sized hole in Chain Lightning’s chest.

“What…did…you?” Chain Lightning asked as her body flickered and sparked.

“Bio-electric pulse, your body is using its internal energy store to keep itself from ripping apart.” Yellowjacket explained as Mystique morphed into a cobra and slithered through the holes in the net before returning to her normal state. “So Mystique what do you say? Want to go a few rounds over the latest upgrade to the Stark Tech 800 Water Purification System?”

“Loganberries!” Mystique spat as her skin and hair lightened, with the later turning blue to match the jumpsuit she was wearing. “That was humiliating Chain, we had to use the safeword and everything.” She added as Yellowjacket threw a penny sized disc to Chain Lightning, the stricken ‘villain’ twisting the top and reversing the damage done to her body.

“You both failed because you spent more time arguing then working as a team.” A third voice announced as the veteran Avenger Stingray walked into the room. “In addition Foxx,” he stated as he locked onto the blue haired woman, “you spent more time worrying about the objective then helping your team-mates. And that is a trait most important for any Avenger.”

“Do you want us to run it again?” Chain Lightning asked as she rubbed her left arm, sparks arcing off to leave burn marks on the floor.

No Caption Provided

“Not today.” Stingray ordered. “Steve said something about a full team exercise when he got back, the battle with the Masters of Physics showed us we all need to improve at team work.”

“Where is Steve?” Falcon asked as the five Avengers left the training room. “And Tony and Horous for that matter?”

“Tony is dealing with fall out from the New Warriors debacle, Horous is in Nevada tracking down a criminal known as the Dust Devil and Steve said something about an important meeting.” Stingray told him. “Until he gets back we are to keep an eye on the city and get ready for the latest updates to ‘The List’.”

“I hate that thing.” Yellowjacket sighed. “It just makes the villains more aggressive when we have to take them down.”

“Yes but it also allows us to prioritise targets.” Stingray answered. “Why go chasing after Tiger Shark when he’s only 26 on the ranking when Crossfire is attempting to move up a spot to number 7 by blowing up a bus in Columbus Circle.”

“Yes but can we really ignore the low level guys anymore. How long before the Tiger Shark’s of the world decide they want to be number 1 and cause a major incident. Look at Fer De Lance, she went from being nowhere near the top thirty, to number 22 after that Raft incident.” Yellowjacket replied. “Hopefully we can track down the person responsible and shut him down.”

“Until then,” Falcon sighed. “All we can do is damage control, and pray that the idiots don't grow a brain stem and decide to get creative.”

Ma and Pa’s Pancake Plaza

Pride, Honour and Virtue, watch words used to describe Captain America and his long illustrious service to the American people. Yet right that moment as he sat across the table from the brown haired man wearing a suede jacket, jeans and plaid shirt he felt little more than a common criminal.

“Why did you call me 8-Ball?” Steve stated. “You know you run the risk of being arrested.”

“I know and I wouldn't have called you if it wasn't important.” 8-Ball answered, his eyes darting to a spot near the counter of Ma and Pa’s Pancake Plaza. “It’s about Rachel, as you may have heard we’re engaged.”

“I have, and frankly I’m a little disappointed with her. I understand we parted company in less then opportune circumstances but to fall in love with a common thief.” Steve spluttered.

“Yeah you play Mr High and Mighty but I know about you’re dirty little secret. But that isn't what I want to talk about.” 8-Ball answered. “Rachel was kidnapped by a necromancer named the Hooded Haunt. I’ve found a way to reach her; it’s an artefact called the Heart’s Arrow, I almost had my hands on one but my seller failed to deliver even after we completed a job for him.”

“Legal or Illegal?” Steve asked as but his hands on the table.

No Caption Provided

“The guy was a criminal and we didn't kill him if that’s what you're asking.” 8-Ball replied. “Unfortunately the cache my client had stored the arrow in was confiscated by the Avengers a few years back. I’m willing to turn myself in return for using the artefact to find Rachel.”

“I’m sorry but I can't just let a dangerous piece of mystical technology back on the street.” Steve told 8-Ball after a long pause. “However I’m also not compelled to act on a warrant. I’ll let you leave this place without incident, it’s the least I can do.”

“Yeah it is.” 8-Ball mumbled as he got up from the table. “Enjoy your pancakes.” He added bitterly before walking out the door.

Wraithwitch’s Loft, Greenwich

The long train ride to Wraithwitch’s pad in Greenwich did little to improve 8-Ball’s mood. Slamming the door and trudging up the dark wood stairs into the Direwraith’s loft, his thoughts turned form sorrow to anger.

“I take it that it didn't go to well.” Overrider stated as he threw 8-Ball a beer, the later throwing the bottle on the floor. “Oh c**p Wraithwitch is going to kill us, you know how she likes to keep a clean house.”

“Screw her, screw all of them; that arrogant flag wearing jerk refused to help me!!” 8-Ball bellowed, his yells causing Spectre and Wraithwitch to stick their heads round the corner from the study. “Him, Strucker and the Hooded Haunt; all of them think they can screw us over.”

“Hey we all have reasons to hate those guys, but they are the ones with all the power.” Spectre stated. “Last time we saw the Haunt she turned me into an incubator for a celestial maggot.”

“No there is something we can do.” 8-Ball hissed. “We’re going to take the Heart’s Arrow straight from the Avengers Archives under the mansion.”

“Okay as much as I admire your ‘love over all else’ may I remind you of what we’re dealing with.” Spectre sighed as Wraithwitch glowed at the pile of glass on the floor before giving 8-Ball a withering look.

“Go ahead.” 8-Ball stated.

“Okay well first there’s the walking US Flag who defeated the Red Skull back when that meant something, then there is the most hi-tech weapon on the planet, a woman who can grow forty foot tall, not to mention the ex marine, the skilled aerial combatant and the Egyptian god.” Spectre announced. “Against a lovestruck pool obsessed maniac, an engineer with mouths in his hands, a mediocre Direwraith Dread Witch and someone who is half a ghost.”

“Media? Que doe máis que ter as miñas tripas arrincadas!” Wraithwitch grunted as 8-Ball and Overrider shot each other guilty looks.

“What was that?” Spectre asked. “There was a look there.”

“Jeff and I may have been preparing for this since Strucker failed to pay us for the Wirehead job.” Overrider stammered. “I guess that means Operation House Warming Party is a go?”

“Yes, call the guys up, tell them it’s begun. And activate the X-F3 in Strucker’s warehouse just like we planned.” 8-Ball ordered. “Rogers is going to regret not helping me when he had the chance.”

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By wildvine

@impurestcheese:

Cool job IC. 8-Ball saving his girl is my most anticipated moment in fan fiction yet.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Won't be long now. The only problem... The Avengers are standing in the way

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Who is this Foxx? Can't find anything on her.

Very nice but I was kinda hoping to see Captain 8-Merica Ball :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Trust me that fight is coming. As for Foxx well she was a Mystique alias

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

From what I read of 8-Ball, I don't think he would want to mix it up with Cap. Guess some people have to be taught first hand. lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@guardiandevil83: Yeah but this is the Marvel Mayhem 8-Ball. He's proved his tough already. But yes he would avoid with his fiancé's ex unless he had no other choice

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: I didn't mean fight, I meant a team up. Seeing 8-Ball with Caps shield would be cool

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: That would be Diamondback's dirtiest dream come true :-)

Speaking of things that are true @delphic check it out. The Avengers are back

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#10  Edited By The Impersonator
No Caption Provided