#1 Edited by YoungJustice (6723 posts) - - Show Bio

Madeline Berry’s House

June 7th, 2013

5:00 PM

“You should have accepted the non-lethal method Madeline.” Norman Osborn chocked Madeline, fire erupted around him, pieces of the house fell down, he then threw her head on the ground then kicked her in it, instantly knocking her out.

Osborn whistled and a man walked through the fire, he was covered in armor, a knight would be the best description, it wrote in the air and shortly after Madeline, Osborn, and the knight disappeared.

New York, New York

September 20th, 2013

8:35 PM

Madeline, now going under the codename Veil, patrolled the streets with her teammate, Striker.

“So babe, wanna go get some dinner after this.” Striker said to Veil as he stepped closer to her.

Veil rolled her eyes and mumbled, “I just had to get stuck with you.”

Next to them, the window of a limbo rolled down, a young man popped his head out and whistled towards Veil and Striker, “Maddie! Brandon! Remember me? Jeremy, Jeremy Briggs.” Briggs motioned Veil and Striker towards the limbo, but before they could get in talking distance, they heard an explosion to the west of them; Veil quickly ran up to him and nodded her head sideways, “Another time kid.”

Briggs opened his car door and stepped out, showing his very classy attire. He waved his hand and turned the air at his feet into water, it lifted him up and he practically made a bridge of water towards the fire and created a current that made him go along with it. Veil and Striker followed Briggs to the fire, a large skyscraper was erupted in flames, firefighters tried to put the fire out but it was useless, the fire continued to spawn, oddly enough, there were no signs of life in the building, several firefighters had entered and left out with no one, most didn’t even see remains.

Briggs hopped off of his current and the water changed back into air, as Veil and Striker prepared to fix the situation, Jeremy lifted his hand and turned the fire into mist. Firefighters ran into the building to make sure that there wasn’t anyone else in the building.

Veil and Striker walked up to Briggs with confused looks, Striker raised his eyebrow as he posed a question, “Did you just do that?”

Jeremy laughed, “Hello! I’m one of the people that Osborn captured. Do you remember that one day were he made me; you, and Maddie fight those gorillas? Ah, those were the days,”

Veil shuttered, “I’d rather not talk about those days.”

Jeremy walked over to her and put his arm on her shoulder, “I’d rather have a bad experience that opened up my full potential rather than having it stuck inside of me.”

Avengers Infinite Mansion

1 Year Later

“Just go dammit!” Veil shouted to Reptil as blasts of energy sped past her head. Reptil ran towards a large pod which would send one person back in time exactly one year. Reptil gave Veil a nod then closed the door.

New York, New York

1 Year Before

Reptil arrived right in the middle of a busy street, before a car rammed into him he turned himself into an Eoraptor and jumped onto the sidewalk, before anyone could notice him he transformed back into a human.

Authors Note: Couldn't snip any better picture of adult Reptile.

You could see the fire fading, it was at least 5 miles away, they'd be gone about time that he got over there, he quickly brainstormed ideas on what to do.

10 Blocks Away

30 Seconds Later

A loud crash was heard to the left of Briggs, Veil, Striker, and Hazmat who'd happened to have been in the area at the time of the explosion.

Briggs grinned, "Shall we embark on another adventure!" Briggs once again turned the air around him into water and launched himself towards the crash.

Hazmat rolled her eyes, even though no one saw it through her helmet, "I really don't like him. He's a prick."

Striker mumbled, "You're a prick for sure."

Veil put her fingers on the temples of her head, "There is never enough childish antics with you two, lets go." Veil turned the bottom of her body into dust and floated towards the sound. When she arrived there, she saw Briggs and something that looked like a human dinosaur ripping through abandoned cars and smashing through buildings.

The dinosaur like being growled as it attacked Briggs with all his might, he was only escaping it's hits because of him ducking behind cars and shielding himself with hard light air constructs.

Hazmat shot a non-lethal radioactive blast towards the monster while Veil tried to knock it out by turning her body into sleeping fumes, but the beast jumped up a building before they could effect him.

Striker tried to make it rain lighting on his hands, but the monster quickly leaped behind him, grabbed his neck, and slammed Striker's head on the ground.

The monster pleaded to the heroes, "Listen to me! I am Reptil, see." The monster's body shifted to an adult Reptil, who held his hands up as he continued his story, "You have to trust me, Briggs is evil, in the future he kills Finnese and Mettle, then sends a strike team to kill the rest of us. Eventually Hazmat and Striker were killed, but myself and Veil have managed to create a time machine that would send a person back exactly one year. I came back to warn you about him, soon enough the affects of the time machine will wear off though, and I will be sent back, but you must trust me on this one, for your lives sake."

Briggs rolled his eyes, "Are you guys really going to believe the guy that just destroyed New York over the guy you got tortured with?"

Striker, Veil, and Hazmat all gathered in a corner to make a decision, even though they were done choosing very quickly.

When they emerged, Striker quickly struck Reptil with an electric shock that made him launch back and hit the building behind him, making him dazed. Allowing Briggs to put him in a water bubble. Soon after, The rest of Avengers Academy and Justice came to lock Reptil up, but before they could put him in a cell, he started to decimate. His skin faded away as his body became ghost like, his last words before he was sent back was, "Believe me!"

______

Well, that was AA number 2, I hope you enjoyed.

Sorry for the lack of stories lately, a lot of family drama, but soon enough I should becoming out with 1 story for each group I am in (1 Harley and Mother May-Eye for Future Shock, 1 Fearless Defenders for Iron Age, and 1 AA for Mayhem.)

#2 Edited by YoungJustice (6723 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by RazzaTazz (9568 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice: Nice concept, the bouncing around of places and time frames did not really help out that much though.

Moderator Online
#4 Edited by RazzaTazz (9568 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice: Moved this to fan fic as well, why did you post it in OT?

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by YoungJustice (6723 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice: Nice concept, the bouncing around of places and time frames did not really help out that much though.

I see, I'll try to fix that in any other stories that I write using the time travel element :)

Oh, and that was because I wasn't planning on writing the end and posting in the post creation, I was originally just seeing how the length was, but I accidentally finished it in there instead of Word and posted, not even realizing that it wasn't in the right section :P

Thanks for moving though.

#6 Edited by ImpurestCheese (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

Eoraptor :-) I just brought a fossil replica of one of those. I hate to go against the majority wait scratch that I don't, but the time travel stuff was okay once you realised that is what it was although better marking such as a page break or astriks in bold would have helped.

#7 Posted by RazzaTazz (9568 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice: I think in terms of how it reads, that it would be better as a comic. If you could do a comic page break and put an info box in that said (one year ago) it would seem more coherent. It was good though, I liked it.

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by ekrolo (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Very well done, although I'm not too familiar with some of the characters here. Maybe you could put in those small caption style boxes in the story to explain some of the characters? Like Captain America, enhanced super soldier, leader of the Avengers, powers peak human physical condition, you know just to give us some background info on these guys.

#9 Edited by batkevin74 (10583 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice: Okay, it jumps around quite a bit. And from the get go

“You should have accepted the non-lethal method Madeline.” Norman Osborn chocked Madeline, fire erupted around him, pieces of the house fell down, he then threw her head on the ground then kicked her in it, instantly knocking her out.

Choked, Norman choked her...chocked is...well not a word.

Isn't Reptyl being used over in Thunderbolts as well, or have you guys worked out a deal? It's okay but the jumping around, weird time travel doesn't do it for me at all.

#10 Posted by YoungJustice (6723 posts) - - Show Bio

Eoraptor :-) I just brought a fossil replica of one of those. I hate to go against the majority wait scratch that I don't, but the time travel stuff was okay once you realised that is what it was although better marking such as a page break or astriks in bold would have helped.

@youngjustice: I think in terms of how it reads, that it would be better as a comic. If you could do a comic page break and put an info box in that said (one year ago) it would seem more coherent. It was good though, I liked it.

I see, I will try to do something in the future chapters that will make it easier to read, thanks for the comments.

@youngjustice: Okay, it jumps around quite a bit. And from the get go

@youngjustice said:

Choked, Norman choked her...chocked is...well not a word.

Isn't Reptyl being used over in Thunderbolts as well, or have you guys worked out a deal? It's okay but the jumping around, weird time travel doesn't do it for me at all.

I feel 100 times stupider, I even re-read this and didn't see that.

Ugh.

I think he is using Reptyl whereas I am using Reptil.

#11 Posted by YoungJustice (6723 posts) - - Show Bio

@ekrolo said:

Very well done, although I'm not too familiar with some of the characters here. Maybe you could put in those small caption style boxes in the story to explain some of the characters? Like Captain America, enhanced super soldier, leader of the Avengers, powers peak human physical condition, you know just to give us some background info on these guys.

Totally, I think it'll actually be pretty easy since all the AA comics have this in the beginning.

#12 Posted by TommytheHitman (3049 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice Pretty good! However I've never read Avengers Academy so I know next to nothing about these characters.

#13 Posted by batkevin74 (10583 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumped

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty good chapter, although I got a little confused on the time traveling part. I wonder if Briggs would really destroy the team in the future...