Marvel Mayhem: Avengers A.I. Christmas Special 2013

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

All Characters are owned by Marvel Comics (except for Santa Claus)

Hungry for more? Check out the library

The Arctic

The hot sun reached across the icy wasteland that is the Arctic lighting up the whole area and the white crystal snow that reflected its strong sun beams across the frosty surface. The wind was harsh and cold although that didn’t affect the android ensconced in the snow. Androids can rarely feel the difference of temperature and it didn’t affect the broken down robot, lying face down in the hard snow and a mind that recently had been tampered with.

No Caption Provided

A large reindeer slowly trotted over the landscape and stopped as he picked up a strange scent in the air. A scent he had rarely smelled before. He started localizing the source of this peculiar scent and after a while found a grey and green clad being, it’s head covered by a hood. The reindeer at first backed away but then proceeded to approach the being and started to sniff the hood.

The being emitted a strange noise, as if he started to wake up. The reindeer grabbed the hood with his teeth and started to pull the being out from the hole he was burred in.

”D-D-D-Dooo...” The being sounded.

”Humph.” The reindeer said as he struggled to pull the being up. The being’s eyes slowly started to glow an evil red colour.

”D-Doom-m-m...” The being continued. ”Y-you will let go of Doom!”

Suddenly Doombot awoke from his coma and flew up into the air. But soon enough he found himself on the snowy ground once again, as he crash landed from a broken jet-boot.

”What in the name of Doom?” Doombot screamed when he lay on the ground. He picked himself up, covered in snow, and looked at the reindeer who tried to help him up. The reindeer just stood there, staring back. ”Who are you and what do you want? Well, answer me!” Doombot yelled at the reindeer.

”Humph.” He answered.

”Useless cretin.” Doombot muttered. ”It appears I am unable to get away from here so you will help me.”

He walked up to the reindeer and swung himself on his back.

”Come on! Move along meat bag!” Doombot yelled and the reindeer started walking, he seemed to really know where they were going.

Some time later

After a few hours of endless walking the sun had started to fall and it had now reached the horizon, creating a reddish color in the sky. But Doombot didn’t notice nor did he care. His eyes’ lenses had started becoming hazy, blocking his sight. For some reason he didn’t seem to notice that either, as if something was very wrong with him.

”Creature, why have you stopped?” Doombot asked when the reindeer suddenly stopped.

”Hugh.” He answered, trying to shake Doombot off. With a loud bang he fell on to the icy ground before quickly picking himself up.

”You have failed me and you have failed your entire race. I hope you're ashamed of your accomplishments and that your death will be slow and painful.” Doombot announced before marching away. It wasn't until now that he realized he could barely see and wiped his lenses with his hood and clearly saw the oddly placed village not that far from him. Multi-colour lights of green and red shone brightly which clearly highlighted the village made it seem even more odd.

"What is this settlement?" Doombot asked the reindeer who stood still behind him.

"Humph." The reindeer answered who then started walking past Doombot, towards the village.

"Use your words, creature. Answer me!" Doombot yelled as he tried to run after the reindeer.

The reindeer had quickly reached the village, with Doombot right behind him. The village had many brick houses, with snow on the roofs and colourful windows. Inside many fireplaces crackled and children played on the streets. The sun had now disappeared and many stars dressed the inky black night sky. When they arrived to the village square several of the children ran up to the reindeer.

"Blitzen is back!" The children shouted of joy. They started to pat him.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" One of the children asked. Blitzen looked to his side, at Doombot.

"Merry Christmas." Another told Doombot. But Doombot remained sceptical.

"Bah! It can't be Christmas. I never considered I was offline for so long." Doombot said. "Is it really December 24th?"

The reindeer looked at Doombot, as did the children, silently.

"Look at me! I've gone mad." Doombot shouted. "I am standing here, talking to an animal and a group of brats. Get away from me!"

With a few well determined steps, Doombot headed for a large building on the other side of the snow covered square. The building was grey, with bricks, and a clock on top, a golden sign reading 'Town Hall' hung over the large wooden door.

Inside sat a jolly old man behind a wooden desk opposite to the front door. The hall had four pillars across the sides of the room, two on each side and a cold marble floor. The man was in deep thought as he stamped a pile of eggshell coloured envelopes not noticing the door fly open, and a harsh and cold wind roar into the room followed by Doombot who loudly marched over to the man. The man didn't even lose his rhythmical working pace and seemingly failed to notice Doombot at all.

"I demand to know exactly where I am and the current date." Doombot demanded.

"The North Pole, December 24th, sir." The man answered.

"Last time I was functioning it wasn't even summer." Doombot muttered.

"Well, it's good that you didn't miss Christmas then." The man said and smiled at him, revealing a trimmed white beard and moustache.

"Are...are you Santa Claus?" Doombot asked him.

"No, no, don't be silly." The man laughed. "I'm his brother, Eugene Claus."

"I see." Doombot said. "So, you are telling me that Santa Claus is real?"

"Yes." Eugene answered shortly.

"And that he's your brother?" Doombot asked.

"Yes." Eugene answered again.

"Is he here?" Doombot asked.

"Yes. Yes, he's here. Though, as it is the day before Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, he is immensely busy." Eugene answered while finishing the pile of envelopes. He took the pile and put it in a large bag that lay among others on the floor.

"Hm. If these ridiculous claims are in fact true, Santa Claus might be able to give me a ride back to those wretched Avengers." Doombot thought for himself. Eugene sat quietly and waited for some kind of response from Doombot.

"Take me to your brother!" Doombot demanded.

"Of course." Eugene said with a friendly tone. "But it also depends on one thing."

"What?" Doombot asked quickly.

"What is your name?" Eugene asked Doombot.

"My 'team-mates' call me Doombot. But my full name is Victor von Doom of Latveria." Doombot proudly announced.

"Hm, where do I remember that name?" Eugene asked himself. Eugene then glided on his chair over to what appeared to be a wooden computer screen. He pressed the screen and typed in the name 'Victor von Doom'. "Ah, it appears you are second on the naughty-list. Right after one Frank Castle."

"But that's impossible!" Doombot stated. "Does being forced to save the world help?"

"It says here you didn't actually save the world. You disappeared right before it happened." Eugene answered.

"Bah! You ignorant fool." Doombot yelled. "If Doom wants to meet Santa Claus, then Santa Claus he shall meet."

Suddenly, a booming voice echoed in the town hall. "Eugene! Would you mind coming down to the workshop?"

Eugene grabbed a mahogany phone and replied.

"I will be right down."

Later, in the workshop

"You, take these rocking horses and move them over to section C3. And you! Yes, you! We are out of yellow paint. Get some more, will you?" A large and red man shouted to several people in red and green costumes. They were in a large hall, where many were busy putting together toy parts.

"I'm here!" Eugene Claus said to his brother.

"Ah, Eugene. Lovely, I need you to take care of things here while I check the list." Santa Claus replied when he stopped shouting.

"Certainly." Eugene replied. "But what about him?" He pointed behind him at the android who had decided to follow him.

"Who is this?" Santa Claus said with a curious tone.

"Victor von Doom." Eugene replied.

"No, no, your eyes are deceiving you, brother. This is one of Victor von Doom's doppelgangers." Santa Claus said. "This is Doombot."

No Caption Provided

"That is irrelevant." Doombot said. "You have to take me back to New York."

"Don't you worry?" Santa Claus said. "I will help you. But first..." Santa walked over to what appeared to be a wardrobe, he opened it and pulled out a clear red robe. He unfolded it and it looked just like Doombot's cloak.

"What is that?" Doombot asked.

"It's for you, Doombot." Santa Claus replied and handed over the hood and cape to Doombot.

Weirdly enough, when Doombot grabbed the hood, a warm and lovely feeling began to grow in Doombot's stomach. A way an android shouldn't feel unless he was malfunctioning.

"M...M-merry Ch-ristmas!" Doombot forced himself to say, as if he was in a trance.

"That's more like it!" Santa Claus said. "Walk with me." He told Doombot.

Doombot walked over to the friendly Santa Claus and together they began to walk over to the other side of the workshop. They passed Santa's sleigh, which had been polished and a half full bag sat neatly in the back of it.´

"Now watch this." Santa Claus told Doombot, before pressing a button on the wall next to the sleigh. The wall began to rise, showing a beautiful arctic wasteland outside. The opening was large enough for the sleigh to fly through and reveal the stars shining brightly in the cosmos.

"With the cloak you have received you will be able to fly to New York." Santa Claus told Doombot.

"What is this? Magic?" Doombot asked while putting on the cloak.

"If you'd like." Santa Claus answered.

"I see." Doombot said just like before. He looked out through the opening and now saw a large and orange star flaming in the sky. "I can just follow that star."

"That's not a star." Santa Claus said, with a surprised tone.

The star began to fly lower, and with great speed coming closer to them. After a while the star had obtained a more human-like form as it came closer.

"Oh, why am I not surprised? I've saved the stinking world and I've quit that team. But I still can't get away from you!" Jim Hammond shouted when he landed and grabbed Doombot by the arm.

"Merry Christmas, Hammond!" Doombot announced.

"What is wrong with you?" Hammond asked. "It's not even summer."

"But, but the reindeer, and Eugene, and Santa." Doombot muttered.

"All I know is, Ultron controlled you and send you off to somewhere. The Arctic I would guess by now. And for some reason I have to send you back to Pym." Hammond answered.

Doombot was shocked. He looked behind himself and saw nothing but snow and ice. As if the village had just disappeared. He then looked down and saw that he wore his green cloak like before.

"Was I...hallucinating?" Doombot thought.

"Come on, should be a door connected to The Penthouse in Reykjavik." Hammond told him before they flew off.

To be continued in Avengers A.I. #5...

The Marvel Mayhem Facebook Page

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@themanintheshoe: Sorry it was rushed but at least we got Doombot back. As festive craziness goes this takes the trophy, at least within the group. Huzah sir and just chill.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#7 wildvine  Moderator

This was so mad cap. But it made me smile.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Whoops didn't notice the comment. Glad you found it the way it was supposed to be found (mad cap that is). Hopefully more will read it because it's canon in a weird way.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B to the U to the M to the P. What does it spell...Bump

Impurest Cheese Over and Out
Impurest Cheese Over and Out

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By TommytheHitman

...Well that was weird!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: What was weird. Trust me it get's weirder. Doombot's head was stolen recently. The body was left wherever

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers