Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Previous Story: Marvel Mayhem: Astonishing X-Men #1

Chapter 2: The Sign in the Stars

No Caption Provided

“Welcome everyone to a new year at the Xavier Institute!I am Ororo Munroe and I will be the new headmistress for the Xavier Institute, while working alongside with Mr. Scott Summers at heading this school.Since Miss Emma Frost had left this school to teach at the new academy that has been recently established to take in more students, I will resume the duties of helping any student with their studies. I would also like to introduce Mr. Peter Rasputin, who will be teaching art education and will be apart of the senior staff along with Dr. Hank McCoy and Logan.

Now at the Xavier Institute, you will learn how to control your abilities and use them to not only defend yourselves in the face of danger, but to use them to protect the innocent. Also, it is imperative that you will learn about the importance of promoting peace and good will towards both mutant kind and humanity, for that is the main goal of the Xavier Institute. The road to success will be long and difficult, but once you all work hard in your studies, you will prevail in achieving your goals for a bright future!”

Ororo then stepped from the podium, amid the applause from the student body and went to join the other X-Men as they went backstage.

“You did a fantastic job up there, Ororo!” Piotr complemented.

“Yeah, couldn’t have done it better myself,” said Scott.

“Thank you all, although I do wonder about why some of the students were trembling with fear when I finally finished my speech,” Ororo asked in a puzzled tone.

“That’s probably because the last time Emma was headmistress of this school; she used a Danger Room session to frighten the students with the Sentinels attacking them.It appears she was trying to prove her point about how mutants will always be feared by humanity,” said Hank.

“Well, that sounded like a good way to encourage the students to learn something new,” said Ororo sarcastically.

“I wonder where Logan was during this whole meeting,” asked Piotr.

“Well, you know Logan.Always off doing his own thing on his own time,” said Scott rolling his eyes.

“I am sure that we will see him again…soon,” said Ororo.

Later that night, in the woods…

No Caption Provided

Logan was sitting in a tree, staring at the sky to see if any kind of strange activity would occur.He had missed Ororo’s welcoming speech at the Institute a few hours ago, since he never like to sit around for very long.Just as Logan was about to go back to the Institute, he noticed that something strange was happening around the area.Logan started sniffing the air and picked up a strange scent that made him growl softly to himself.

“Hmmm….something ain’t right here.”

Logan then jumped down from the tree and ran towards the Institute at break neck speed.

Meanwhile…

Piotr was sitting on a bench located in the front of the Institute, thinking about today’s events.All his life, he always had a passion for painting and sketching, but he never would have thought that he would one day teach that passion to younger students.Piotr then started rubbing his head and found some more paint in his hair and then sighed to himself, “As much as I love to teach the wonder of art to the young, I do hate it when the students get so out of control with the paints.”

“Mr. Rasputin!” a young voice called out from behind.

Piotr turned to see a young female student approaching him and smiled. Hisako Ichiki, also known as ARMOR, may have been just a regular student at the Xavier Institute.But, all of that changed when she “accidentally” went to the Breakworld with the X-Men and experienced the most intense fight of her life.Ever since then, her life had became much stranger yet fantastic at the same time.

No Caption Provided

“Hisako, what a pleasant surprise!” said Piotr, glad to have some company.

“What are you doing out here?” asked Hisako, sitting down next to Piotr.

“Oh, I am just thinking about the day I had as the new art teacher of this school.How are your classes coming?” asked Piotr.

“They’re going great!At least I didn’t have to worry about being jumped by Mr. Logan today,” said Hisako.

Piotr chuckled quietly to himself and said, “Well, it seems that Logan had not showed up in any of the classes today.He would do that sometimes.”

“Yeah,” said Hisako.Hisako and Piotr remained quiet for a few minutes and then Hisako asked quietly, “Mr. Rasputin, do you still think about what happened to Miss Pryde?”

Piotr was silent for a few moments and then said, “Yes, I still do think about her. Even though I am glad that she had managed to save the world, I still miss her very dearly.”

“Me too,” said Hisako sadly.

“But do not worry, little one.I am certain that Kitty is still out there somewhere and we will find her.No matter how long and difficult that task may be,” said Piotr with determination in his voice.

Hisako looked up at Piotr and smiled. “You’re right. I just know that Miss Pryde will definitely find a way to get back to us.Well, I better get back to my dorm room while torturing myself in studying for my classes.Nice talking to you, Mr. Rasputin.”

“Goodbye Hisako,” said Piotr.

Hisako then started walking back to the Institute and Piotr went back to staring at the night sky.

“The sky looks so beautiful tonight.If only you were here to see this, Katya,” Piotr thought to himself sadly.

Suddenly, Piotr spotted a star that was shining much brighter than the other stars in the sky.At first, Piotr just thought that it was just a coincidence, but then…he started to notice that the star was falling towards the Earth.

“What in the world?I must alert the others about this,” Piotr said to himself and he ran quickly towards the Institute.

At that moment, Scott, Ororo and Hank were busy looking through the new system for the danger room when Piotr busted into the laboratory.

“EVERYONE! Something had just fallen out of the sky!” Piotr cried out.

“What? What did you see?” asked Scott.

“I saw what seemed like a falling star heading towards the Earth. But, there was something mysterious about it as it fell through the sky quite rapidly,” said Piotr.

“Hmm…this seems like something that needs to be investigated into,” said Hank and he quickly ran to the main computer to check for any strange activity.Suddenly, a red circle on the screen was flashing at the spot where the center of New York City was located at.

“That’s strange…the signals are picking up an unknown force in New York City.But what does this mean?” wondered Hank.

“It means that whatever it is ain’t normal.”

Logan suddenly jumped through the window and landed on the floor.

“Nice entrance,” commented Piotr.

“Yeah, I try,” said Logan.

“So, you are saying that whatever just landed in New York City might be an alien?” asked Ororo.

“If what I just smelled out earlier don’t prove that, then it might as well be an alien freak coming to take us down,” said Logan.

“But what alien would want to attack us?It can’t be the Shi’ar Empire since they’re one of our greatest allies,” said Scott.

Piotr then looked up with a shocked expression on his face and said, “You do not suppose that it is the Breakworlders plotting revenge on us?”

“Who are these Breakworlders you speak of?” asked Ororo.

“Let’s just say that we are not their biggest fans at the moment.Especially since we helped overthrow their Powerlord in order to save the Earth from a giant bullet,” said Hank.

“Well, if it is the Breakworlders, then we got a fight on our hands,” said Scott gravely.

“Let them come. I’ll rip them apart before they get a chance to take us down,” snarled Logan.

“Good for you Logan.Always thinking about thrashing enemies before we have the chance to meet them,” said Scott sarcastically.

“And you don’t?” Logan growled.

Scott glared at Logan and then said, “Anyway, if the Breakworlders want to threaten us, then we’ll give them a fight that they will never forget.”

Meanwhile, in the center of New York…

Up in the sky, some unknown object was falling through the Earth’s atmosphere.At first glance, it may seem like a falling star, but it was really a spaceship that ended up crashing into the streets of New York City.Startled by the commotion, many people started crowding around the street to see this strange phenomenon that had crashed on their planet. Suddenly, sirens started wailing in the distance as many police cars swerved over to the crashed spaceship to investigate.

“Alright people! Step away from the crash site! I repeat, step away from the crash site!” yelled out one of the police officers as he edged towards the spaceship.

The police officer looked around the spaceship and when everything seem fine, he called out, “Alright everyone! There’s nothing to see…”

Suddenly, a large hand shot out from the spaceship and grabs the unsuspecting police officer, dragging him inside. Then, the citizens heard a horrible crack from within the spaceship and a giant alien stepped out of the spaceship, with the policeman’s limp body hanging from his hands.

The people then started to run away frantically from the spaceship, screaming in terror as they witnessed the horrific murder of the police officer. Kruun just calmly walked out of the spaceship and dropped the policeman’s dead body to the ground. Kruun just laughed quietly to himself and said, “Let these pathetic creatures run.My only goal is to find Colossus at all costs!”

Kruun then started walking through the terrified crowd, heading towards his destination with a mask of wicked determination.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Certainly feels like how the Astonishing X-Men should feel like. I like it, could do with a little more "oomph!" (especially in regards to Ororo's opening speech--but that's just me nitpicking as i love her so much) but so far, so good. :)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@ageofhurricane said:

Certainly feels like how the Astonishing X-Men should feel like. I like it, could do with a little more "oomph!" (especially in regards to Ororo's opening speech--but that's just me nitpicking as i love her so much) but so far, so good. :)

Thanks!!! I'm glad you really liked it! It was hard for me to come up with a really good opening speech for Storm, but I guess there could have been a little more "oomph!" to it! :D I wanted to write a story where we could see what would have happened if Joss Whedon had continued the Astonishing X-Men series and I try to set it in the same tone as his writing, since I found it pretty impressive!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@rabbitearsblog: "Up in the sky, some unknown object was falling through the Earth’s atmosphere.At first glance, it may seem like a falling star, but it was really a spaceship that ended up crashing into the streets of New York City.Startled by the commotion, many people started crowding around the street to see this strange phenomenon that had crashed on their planet. Suddenly, sirens started wailing in the distance as many police cars swerved over to the crashed spaceship to investigate.

“Alright people! Step away from the crash site! I repeat, step away from the crash site!” yelled out one of the police officers as he edged towards the spaceship.

The police officer looked around the spaceship and when everything seem fine, he called out, “Alright everyone! There’s nothing to see…”

Suddenly, a large hand shot out from the spaceship and grabs the unsuspecting police officer, dragging him inside. Then, the citizens heard a horrible crack from within the spaceship and a giant alien stepped out of the spaceship, with the policeman’s limp body hanging from his hands.

The people then started to run away frantically from the spaceship, screaming in terror as they witnessed the horrific murder of the police officer"

I will reference the crashing of a spaceship in the centre of NYC; its kinda a news worthy thing, plus a police officer got killed which will have MY guys on edge Captain Burdick, Dallas Riordan, Molly Von Richtofen...if you need a cameo by Code: Blue, let me know as they are in NYC and designed to handle stuff like that.

Good chapter though personally I didn't like the chat between Armour & Colossus. Just didn't do it for me. But overall it's good

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog:

Good chapter though personally I didn't like the chat between Armour & Colossus. Just didn't do it for me. But overall it's good

Was the chat too cheesy or Armor and Colossus shouldn't have that relationship?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@ageofhurricane said:

Thanks!!! I'm glad you really liked it! It was hard for me to come up with a really good opening speech for Storm, but I guess there could have been a little more "oomph!" to it! :D I wanted to write a story where we could see what would have happened if Joss Whedon had continued the Astonishing X-Men series and I try to set it in the same tone as his writing, since I found it pretty impressive!

No worries. You more or less got the "voice" down better than most contracted writers could have, and with the Whedon tone, it's reminiscent.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@rabbitearsblog: Mainly not a fan of Armour really, she's just an Asian version of Skids, who got forgotten about & really badly treated by a succession of writers. It's not you, just the character...now's your chance to change my mind :)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Oh! So you just hated Armor as a character. Well, I probably won't be using her that much in the later stories since I really want to focus on the X-Men themselves, but do you know any other better students I could use?

@ageofhurricane: Thanks!! Glad I'm able to get Storm's voice right!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Check out Scourge #7, ties your crash landing in NYC to my story and links into Thunderbolts...pulling the universe together :)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Check out Scourge #7, ties your crash landing in NYC to my story and links into Thunderbolts...pulling the universe together :)

That's fantastic! Checking it out now!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Cool I think the Breakworld saga is about the only X Men story I have read but your writing makes me want to give the series another read. As for the Armour and Colossus conversation, I think that with some clever tweaking you could have some interesting relationship between teacher and student, if the school is anything like a normal one then it would be frowned on. Something that could schism the team.

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ekrolo

Colossus teaching art classes, now that's hilarious xD

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ekrolo said:

Colossus teaching art classes, now that's hilarious xD

LOL! Well, I figured that since Colossus loved art, why not give him a class that he's good at? :D

Cool I think the Breakworld saga is about the only X Men story I have read but your writing makes me want to give the series another read. As for the Armour and Colossus conversation, I think that with some clever tweaking you could have some interesting relationship between teacher and student, if the school is anything like a normal one then it would be frowned on. Something that could schism the team.

I would definitely re-read the Astonishing X-Men comics with the Breakworld arc, it's fantastic!

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great addition - nice touch with the reminder of Emma's famous trick on the students. :)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Great addition - nice touch with the reminder of Emma's famous trick on the students. :)

Thanks!!! I just love recapping a bit with previous events!!!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers