Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Previous Volume:

Vengeance: Volume 1

Invasion: Volume 2

Timeline: This takes place after Marvel Mayhem: Astonishing X-Men #11 and Marvel Mayhem: Learning Gen-X Style #10: Technical Difficulties.

Chapter 12: Escape from the Mojoverse!

A red beam shot out of Richard’s eyes as he took some of Cyclops’ powers and it blasted through the ceiling, while also blasting straight through the walls. The force of the red beam caused the room to split apart as the X-Men were pushed to one side of the room, while Emplate’s group was on the other side.

Cyclops was briefly stunned for a moment as he was surprised that Richard was able to take his powers and use it to their advantage, but when he saw an exit located behind them, he yelled out to the rest of the X-Men, “QUICK EVERYONE! Run for the exit!” The rest of the X-Men quickly followed Cyclops towards the exit and they disappeared out of sight.

“NOOOO!!! We must not let them escape!!! Thralls, ATTACK!” yelled out Emplate.

The thralls and Emplate immediately ran after the X-Men, leaping over the chasm in their haste.

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile, in the hallways…

The X-Men were running quickly down the hallways until they reached their destination at Mojo’s compound. They quickly ran inside the compound and Richard said, “Emplate is never going to stop coming after us. We have to get out of here and fast!”

“The same goes for Mojo. He’s going to stop us at all costs in order to get the ratings he wanted,” said Abi.

“Do you know a way out of this place, Abi?” asked Yvette.

Abi said, “Well, I was Mojo’s servant for many years, so I know how to get to his command center. Once we reach there, we might be able to find a way to escape from this place.”

Cyclops thought for a few moments and then said to the rest of the X-Men, “Alright everyone, here’s the plan. Our goal is to reach Mojo’s command center while trying to find out where Mojo has brought us into.We’ll split up into two groups: the first group will have me, Colossus and Richard breaking into Mojo’s defenses while discovering what we are up against.The second group will consist of Shadowcat, Wolverine, Yvette and Abi and you all will try to find Mojo’s command center, since Abi knows how to get there and you all have the best chance in getting past his defenses undetected.We’ll regroup at the command center as soon as we get past the defenses.”

“Sounds like a good plan,” said Shadowcat.

“Alright, let’s take down these freaks,” snarled Wolverine.

Everyone agreed as they split up into two groups and they immediately ran out of the compound, determined to escape this nightmarish dimension.

Meanwhile, near the end of the hallways…

Cyclops, Colossus and Richard were running through the hallways as they made themselves scarce against the defenses of Mojo’s compound.As soon as they reached a place by the wall that was obstructed from the alarm systems, Cyclops asked Richard, “So, about Emplate, how come he is so bent on chasing you guys?”

“Well, I was originally from Britain and I had met Yvette many years ago when she was captured by Emplate.At the time, I was able to save Yvette from Emplate’s clutches by taking some of her powers to slow down Emplate and we escaped from his lair.Since then, Yvette and I had bonded with each other and started a relationship that lasted for many years. Unfortunately, we knew that Emplate would come after us and we had been on the run ever since. However, a few years later, we decided to take a trip to Moscow, the first trip we ever had across the pond; but Emplate had managed to find us and we flee to America.It was there that we arrived at Emma Frost’s school for mutants and it turned out that she recruited us to teach at her school since she knew about our powers and we accepted her offer. Unfortunately, Emplate managed to find us at the school and he is now more determined than ever to not only kill Yvette and I, but to devour the mutants at the school,” said Richard sadly.

“I am truly sorry for your predicament,” said Colossus.

“Me too, but we’ll do everything in our power to stop Emplate from harming you two and the other mutants,” said Cyclops determinedly.

“Thank you so much for your concern,” said Richard.

“By the way, about your powers, you seem to have the ability to take powers from other mutants.Once you do that, do you keep those powers permanently?” asked Cyclops.

“Well, I can take on another mutant’s powers just by being in close proximity of them; so I don’t necessarily have to touch other mutants to take their powers.As for whether or not I keep the powers I take permanently, it is only temporary and the only mutant whose powers I have permanently is Yvette due to our bond with each other,” said Richard.

“Your powers seem similar to another mutant we know of who can also take on other mutants’ abilities, except that she has to touch them to do that,” remarked Colossus.

“Really? Does she also have a special bond with anyone?” asked Richard.

No Caption Provided

Colossus and Cyclops looked at each other embarrassedly and Cyclops said, “Ummm…you could say that.”

But before Richard could ask anymore questions, a laser blast suddenly landed near his feet and a group of soldiers came charging towards the three mutants.

“It appears that Mojo’s army has found us,” said Colossus as he stood in a fighting stance.

“Yes, so it seems,” said Richard.

“Then let’s give them a welcoming ceremony that they will never forget,” said Cyclops as he adjusted his glasses.

The three mutants then ran towards Mojo’s soldiers and they started fighting them with all the powers they could muster.

Cyclops shot down a few soldiers with his optic beams and then did a back flip to avoid a soldier who had snuck up behind him and he ended up shooting down that soldier in the process.

No Caption Provided

Colossus had grabbed two soldiers and threw them towards a group of soldiers that were coming towards him.The two soldiers knocked down the front half of the army to the ground, while the soldiers in the back struggled to get over the fallen soldiers.

Richard had dodged a couple of soldiers as he started running towards Colossus and he yelled out, “COLOSSUS!I need to borrow your powers for a moment. I can do more damage to these soldiers if I could upgrade my strength.”

Colossus head butted a soldier and then said, “By all means, you are welcome to it.”

No Caption Provided

Richard went near Colossus and in a few seconds, his skin started to turn to steel and his height increased dramatically. In his new steel body, Richard ran towards the soldiers and he started throwing them against the walls while the laser blasts ricocheted off his steel body.

In a few minutes, the bodies of the soldiers laid scattered on the floor as the three mutants stood around, dusting themselves off.

“Nice work Richard!” complimented Cyclops.

Richard changed back into his regular body and sighed in relief, “Thank you! I will admit that it took some time getting used to having my body turn to steel like that. I don’t know how you do it Colossus.”

“It takes time and practice,” said Colossus smiling.

“Come on, let’s see where else this place will take us to,” said Cyclops as they ran down the hallways to find a way out of Mojo’s dimension.

Outside a secret lab…

Cyclops, Richard and Colossus continued running down the hallways, until they saw a mysterious door that was bolted shut at the end of the hallway.They approached the door with caution and Richard asked, “What do you think is behind this door?”

“I don’t know, but whatever it is, it might lead us out of this dimension.Colossus, would you care to do the honors?” said Cyclops.

“It would be my pleasure,” said Colossus as he grabbed the large steel bolt blocking the door and ripped it off its hinges.

The three mutants then went inside the room and at first; they couldn’t see anything since the room was enshrouded in darkness.But, when Richard found a light switch, the room came roaring to life and the sight before them shocked them beyond belief.

There in front of them were various bodies that were contained in green tubes, with many wires sticking out of them.

No Caption Provided

“What…what is this monstrosity?” breathed Colossus.

“They look like clones of people, but what are they clones of?” said Richard as he went up to one of the green tubes and touched the glass in awe and disgust.

“I don’t know, but whatever sick game Mojo is playing, it ends now,” growled Cyclops.

“Oh, but the game has just begun,” a voice called out in the room.

Colossus, Cyclops and Richard all turned around quickly to locate the voice.

“Come on out and show yourself!” yelled out Cyclops.

A shadowed figure jumped down from the beams in the ceiling and kneeled before the three mutants.

“Now, now. We don’t want to keep Emplate waiting for his next meal of mutants,” the figure taunted as it revealed itself to the three mutants.

“PAIGE!” yelled out Richard.

“Now you are catching on.Oh and by the way, I had invited a few friends to help us celebrate this special occasion,” Paige sneered as a strange rustling noise came from the beams up above.

All at once, more shadowed figures jumped down from the beams in the ceiling and surrounded Cyclops, Colossus and Richard.

“Meet Emplate’s thralls!I’m sure that they would enjoy dining on your flesh before the time is done, which we will also do the same with Emma’s so-called sisters!” said Paige evilly as two thralls roughly brought in Adrienne to the front.

“And now that the introductions are over: THRALLS! ATTACK!” screamed Paige and the thralls immediately ran to attack the X-Men.

Cyclops, Colossus and Richard stood their ground until a flash of diamond crossed their eyes and the figure punched one of the thralls in the face, knocking it down to the ground.

No Caption Provided

“Em…Emma?” Cyclops stammered.

Emma looked over where the three mutants were and she said, “Well, glad to see you here, darling.”

To the students, Emma called out, “Everyone! Use what you’ve learned in the training sessions we had and defeat as many thralls as you can!”

Emma and her students then started helping out Cyclops, Colossus and Richard out with defeating the thralls one by one.Among the chaos, Monet glared at the thralls with murder in her eyes and she said in a low and dangerous voice, “These pathetic beings will not get in the way of my vengeance for my brother!”

No Caption Provided

Monet then proceeded to grab several thralls at lightning speed and then crushed them all with the swift of her hand.

As the fighting continued, a strange portal suddenly appeared out of thin air and the X-Men immediately took a moment to stare at the portal.

“Is…is that what I think it is?” asked Richard.

“If it’s a portal that can take us out of here, then I say we take it!” said Cyclops.

And then he yelled out,” EVERYONE! Get into that portal! NOW!”

The X-Men quickly jumped into the portal, but Monet continued to fight the thralls.

“MONET! Come on! We got to get out of here!” yelled out Richard.

Monet looked at the thrall she was fighting and growled in anger. Then she punched the thrall in the face and leapt into the portal.

“NO! DON’T LET THEM ESCAPE!” yelled out Paige.

But as soon as the thralls reached the portal, it disappeared out of thin air.

Paige slumped to the ground and pounded the ground in frustration as Adrienne taunted her, “You pathetic fool!You think that you could take over the X-Men?Only Cordelia and I have the means to take over the school from our sister Emma!”

No Caption Provided

Paige calmed down a second, looked up at Adrienne and grinned evilly, “Oh that’s alright.There’s still more mutants to quench our thirst for mutant blood. And just for insulting me, I will take great pleasure in enthralling you!”

Paige grabbed Adrienne roughly and Adrienne struggled helplessly in Paige’s arms.

Adrienne only had a few moments to scream in terror before the enthrallment took place.

For more stories from Marvel Mayhem, check out the Marvel Mayhem Library!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@rabbitearsblog: Uh oh looks like we have another high ranking thrall loose in Mayhem.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Uh oh looks like we have another high ranking thrall loose in Mayhem.

Oh yeah! With all these thralls running around, who knows who's going to be infected next!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@impurestcheese: Check out Super Villain Team Up as well I'm sure I included you in the call-out

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers