Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem and Impurest Cheese Presents; Ossuary - Of Rock and Bone

For Marvel Mayhem visit the Library or visit the Group’s Facebook Page

Hey guys as some of you may know I have created some OCs for Marvel Mayhem and recently one of them, Ossuary, got more than one appearance which made me think. These guys deserve backstories so I made an effort to make something cool for the big hunk of rock. Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did writing it.

Ossuary
AliasCaptain Howard Morgan, Lancehead
First AppearanceMarvel Mayhem: Weird Sisters #3
Total Appearances4
ProfessionEnforcer, Former Confederate Captain
PowersBerserker Strength, Energy Discharge, Enhanced Durability, Enhanced Strength, Immortality, Regeneration, Stone Body (Formally Limited Energy and Matter Absorbtion)
FriendsCamazotz, Hecate, Mephisto
EnemiesColleen Wing, High-Tech, Jennifer Kale, Man-Thing, Misty Knight, Thundra, Wolverine

10th June 1865, Five Miles West of Leesville, Louisiana

Captain Howard Morgan, leader of the Morgan Scouts C.S.A fired blindly down the forested hill five miles west of Leesville. “Keep firin Men it’s just one Yankee!” He yelled as two of the scouts he had positioned on the lower bank came struggling up the bluff. “Report now!” He barked as he dropped his rifle and removed a pair of Elgin Pistol Swords from their holsters.

“He won’t die Sir.” One of the scouts yammered. “He’s like some kinda animal in a Yankee uniform.”

“Son, one thing you should know about animals.” Morgan stated as the sound of screaming echoed around the base of the hill. “The Union is full of them.” He stated as a feral roar drowned out the screams. “Listen up we are Confederate soldiers.” He yelled. “We are fighting to save our economy from being raped by the Union. They send freemen, women and children to toil and die in their factories; now tell me do you want your families to suffer that fate?”

“NO!!!!” The scouts on the hilltop roared as one,

“I have heard that Stuart has surrendered that even Lee and Moresby have fallen but I don’t believe it. So when I ask you to take down one Yankee son of a b!+[h then I expect you to kill him!” Morgan boomed as the scouts began to fire down at the moving shadow that streaked towards them. “Okay Yankee, time for you to experience some southern hospitality.” He snarled before charging down to meet the shadow, the pair colliding and rolling to the base of the hill. Snarling the Union soldier turned and charged as Morgan opened fire, the pistol rounds smashing into his attacker but failing to stop his approach. With an anguished roar the man stabbed bone claws into the Captain’s chest before kicking to the ground.

“You think…that will end me boy?” Morgan groaned as he got to his feet, the wound healing. “When I was a boy I got bitten by a cotton-snake, should a killed me but I survived, changed me into who I am today.” He stated before throwing the slouch hat he wore onto the floor to reveal lidless yellow eyes and a thick forked tongue in his human mouth. “Now boy time for you to learn the same lesson.” He snarled before charging in and slashing with his pistol-swords, the blades ripping open the soldier’s face. With a snort the Union trooper slashed back stabbing the claws on his right hand through Morgan’s face and the ones on his left through his heart before ripping them out, blood spilling on the floor as the Confederate officer fell.

“Heal from that.” The soldier stated in a Canadian accent. “I’m the best there is at what I do. And what I do is making sure fanatics like you don’t trigger a continuation of the war.” He added before charging up the hill back towards Morgan’s men. Although dying Morgan could hear his men screaming and dying just like him. Closing his eyes he preyed silently that his men would be given passage to heaven and that someday the murderous Yankee would suffer for his crime. Opening his eyes he saw canvas boat shoes in-front of him as a fair skinned man with dark almost shadow like hair wearing a white suit stood before him, a demonic smile on his face.

“That can be arranged Captain.” The Man in the Suit told him before producing a roll of parchment and a pen. “Sign here and you will become all you need to avenge your men.” Without hesitation Morgan reached out and signed his name with the pen, silver ink burning on the parchment. As he finished his body began to feel numb, the stones of the hillside rolling down towards him followed by the bodies of his men, their bodies smothering him under a hill of corpses. With an inhuman roar he busted out of his prison and towered over the Man in the Suit.

“What did you do to me?” He snarled as he looked down to see granite grey skin with spurs of bone sticking out of his rock hard flesh.

“I gave you what you wanted. Now if you can kill Corporal James Logan our business can be concluded. You see the man is a threat to my future plans and I don’t like threats especially credible ones.” The Man in the Suit announced before disappearing in a gout of scarlet flame leaving Morgan alone in the forest with his killer. Closing his eyes Morgan felt his target through the earth and lumbered off towards him, his rock hard body snapping the trees as he surged forward. Reaching the river side he saw the man the Man in the Suit had mentioned James Logan or something like that, before dropping down into the water with an earth shattering impact.

“I told ya boy what doesn’t kill ya makes you stronger.” Morgan hissed as the topless Logan spun around, bone claws already extended ready for combat, the blood of Morgan’s men splattered across his torso causing the anger to rise in the captain. “Now to burry you, my men will be avenged.” He roared before charging forward and tackling Logan to the ground, the mutant’s claws failing to slash off more then a few splinters of stone. “That’s for Huxley and Hayes, for Slade and Vine, for all my men you threshed like they were cotton!!” He roared before tossing Logan against the bank, the bruising on his chest healing as he staggered to his feet and removed a cavalry sabre.

“You and your men didn’t know when to quit. The South ain’t rising now or ever again!” Logan snarled before leaping in, the sabre bouncing off Morgan’s stone skin. In retaliation the Captain grabbed the Union soldier by his head and slammed it into the river bed before putting a rock hard foot on Logan’s back forcing him under until he stopped thrashing.

“Maybe that will wash my men’s blood off your filthy corpse.” Morgan growled before turning away. As he did Logan erupted from the water and dived past him to where his pack was stored and removed a pair of tear drop shaped grenades before leaping at his foe and slamming them into the stone monstrosity’s mouth.

“What every doesn’t kill you.” He growled before being flung backwards as half of Morgan’s head shattered, purple flame running down his arm into his fist. Noiselessly he stormed forward before landing a burning fist into Logan before grabbing him by the scruff and throwing him against a pine tree. Getting to his feet Logan had enough time to see the Confederate pick up the sabre and throw it at him, the blade pining him to the trunk. Marching forward Morgan slipped two large stone fingers into Logan’s mouth before pulling back, the man’s jaw cracking as he did. Turning attention to the man’s legs Morgan twisted one then the other before snapping the Union soldier’s neck as his own head and neck reformed.

“I’m stronger.” He snarled before loping off. “See you in hell Yankee.” He added as the Man in the Suit appeared and walked up to Logan.

“The mighty Wolverine defeated.” He hissed. “Use this defeat, become stronger. In due time we’ll meet again during another war and we’ll see what you have used this loss for. To become a better man or the animal you’re meant to be.” Logan shifted, the words awakening him but when he opened his eyes all he could see was a man shaped shadow merging into the river bank.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Like Ossuary? Make sure to check him out in Marvel Mayhem: Heroes for Hire: Miami Vice. Thanks for reading

Impurest Cheese

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2 wildvine  Moderator
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: LOL thanks. So far only one person has gone blow to blow with him and come anywhere near to beating him and that was Man-Thing with help from Jennifer Kale. Expect them to fight again in the future.

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@impurestcheese: Alright, Cheese. This is neat. I need to do this for Richard Cale. How did you pull it off?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richgenx: Have you checked out H4H yet? Cale has a backstory just chose an incident from his past and write a short story. As for the table, I can help you with that on a PM

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Dooope!! Ossuary laideth the smacketh down!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImpurestCheese
RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese I've had a chance to read through part of it. I've just been so busy as of late. Trying to get things published for extra income. The hours I've been working. The constant winter weather effecting things around home. My daughter hasn't had a full week of school since December, due to all the snow we've been having, and today is going to be the worst. I just recently got the Facebook page caught up. Although I have to post what went up yesterday.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richgenx: I'll trade you flooding for snow if you like. I now live on a hill turned island.

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh. At least you are dry. At least I've gotten major league caught up on the Facebook page. Maybe I can get the back story done for Cale while I'm working on other things. I should show how he found Yvette, and rescued her.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richgenx: That would work. And yes I'm dry and unlike everyone else I can escape using my land rover and my off road training, at least until it gets deeper.

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese Lucky You. I may not go to work tomorrow, depending on how well things are plowed and cleaned up. At current predictions, the snow will be stopping tomorrow morning, at around 6AM.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers